South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yep, I made it home too! I love Linda , she said I look young! She is my best friend for saying that!!

We did have a lovely time, and it's about time we met. Who do I get to meet next?!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Linda sounds like you and Tammy had a lovely day We knew you would

CyndiM I am no help with canning, but no sugar added peach jam sounds delish!

Debbie sending you better weather and hugs for a stress free renovation project.

Enjoying my morning smoothie and coffee before heading to Kingston. We are supposed to reach 70 today, but right now it is 42! Guess I will be layering up for this ride!

We had fun last night. Didn't win anything big, but the money went to a good cause. Food was served family style which helped! I skipped the bread and appetizers, well except a few pieces of cheese. I opted for turkey, green beans, stuffing and mashed potatoes. I small serving each of the naughty stuffing and potatoes. I loved their apple pie. As luck would have it I got served a small piece (darn it)

Well I guess I better start layering up. Have a great day
Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' y'all. I just started sipping my coffee, and am not quite awake yet.

Today is busy - DH decided to start going to sunday school at 9 am (church starts at 10:30), which is honestly good...it's on parenting. WHo doesn't need help with that?!? (DS is going thru a stage...again...) There's a pot luck after church I'm going to make slaw for, and then this afternoon I'm planning out our meals, cooking, and shopping.

A friend starts chemo on Tuesday, and I'm planning on making her a bunch of chicken soup. Has anyone here been thru chemo? I'm not sure if I should make it plain, with rice, or with pasta. She mostly follows SBD as well, but I told her to eat what she can when she can!!

And then class tonight, which is dessert night. But we won't discuss that.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It was 39* when I woke up at 5:30, and I was grateful that I could snuggle back under the covers for another hour, even though it was still chilly when I got up, but I love keeping the windows open all night.

It looks like it's going to be a great day for a bike ride, Jennifer!

Just the usual family day here today, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all peaches I bought yesterday. They're a lot riper than I thought so they're not going to keep long!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Tammy,

I just saw your inquiry regarding the soup. Chemo affects everyone differently, but I would start off with putting rice in it, since rice is so easy on the tummy. That is so thoughtful of you to be making meals for her.

I'm still dreaming of that lovely tomato soup I had for dinner yesterday. I'm going to try to figure out how to make it!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up at 6 a.m. wide awake so decided to go with and wake up. This will help us make it to 9 a.m church service. Nothing on the agenda today so will just enjoy the lovely weather.

Cottage and Twynn glad you enjoyed your time together, sounds like you had fun

Cyndi I am not help but it sounds delish

Jekel enjoy your ride and the weather today.

I will enjoy the quiet right now before I have to wake up DD2
Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 5"

Busy in here this morning!
Tammy and Linda, glad you had a nice visit. How fun!
Debbie, good luck with the project. Keep focusing on how nice it will be when it's done! And I will wish you better weather too.
Jekel, have a great ride!

Today is a regular weekend day: we will hit up the other grocery store in town to cherry-pick their specials. DH will watch football. I need to do a load of laundry, etc.

To all the other chicks: may your day be enjoyable!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #23  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning Tim's back to work today so it's back to the regular routine for me. On today's agenda - grape butter and peach something, laundry (already started), some grocery shopping cleaning, and pumpkin bars .m When he is out of work we are off for a walk and mushroom forage

Tammy & Cottage - It sounds like such a fun day!

Debbie - thinking of you

Jennifer - I think it will be ginger peach butter (with fresh ginger). Can't go wrong with that! (I hope)

Rose - this whole canning thing is new for me but our peach tree, which had 2 peaches last year, just went nuts so I want to do something special with them

Beth

Time to get to work again.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Had a great time at the wedding which was pretty spectacular - white orchids everywhere! The venue was great and the food spectacular. Yes, I tried to do it justice - and managed!

Now I'm back home after picking up some fresh veggies and the darling doggage.

Planning to deliver a quilt this afternoon and get the darned financial report ready for tomorrow afternoon's meeting. I don't pick up my DD at the airport until 5 PM Tuesday (rush-hour ) so have lots of time to get ready. Really looking forward to a week of just hanging out. I'm planning SBD-type meals but I am afraid some wine will be consumed.

Had a minor accident driving to the city yesterday - I got rear-ended. I have a slightly damaged rear side panel and will get a repair estimate tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be minor and won't go through the insurance hassle. *Sigh* I'll get that set up this week which will mean a rental car.

Now to put away the groceries (got some great kale!) and get the afternoon started.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #25  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Ruth sorry to hear about the accident. Ottawa drivers are even crazier than montrealers.

Re. Peaches. I canned 12 quarts this year using a light syrup. Three parts water to one part sugar the thing to remember is to leave space. Becaus3 the fruit flows to the top and once it hits the lids jars don't seal. Also its important to run something in the jar to take the air bubbles out before putting on the lids. I do peach and pears and plums because dh can't eat fresh food

Take care Sophie
Closed Thread