South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's SBD Daily Chat, 9/12

Gaaah! Our forecast for today is STEAMY, but then storms are due to roll in later today to finally cool us off. Anyway, we're over the Hump and it's my Friday, so I can deal with it.

Who needs coffee?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

My coffee is going down nice and smooth (oh darned, I broke the carafe to the coffee maker, so we're stuck with the keurig for a while), did you get a cup, Cottage?

I think it's steamy out today, but 10 degrees less than yesterday. It's a long day for me anyway, and ends with leaving work a tad early to go to the back to school night with the kids (oughtta be fun with the storms).

Tomorrow is a shorter day, and then I get to go meet Cottage and do girl things on Saturday! WOOT WOOT!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I did get my coffee, Tammy, and I'm on my 2nd cup, in fact. I'm looking forward to starting our day by having coffee with you on Saturday!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda/Tammy, so excited you are going to meet up on Saturday!

everyone else!

So, here's what's shaping up with me. I have to drive and p/u a hot water heater and meet the plumber to unload this morning. I have to instruct Kirk as to where he needs to cut holes in the floor and then go get a water meter. I got an email from my contractor friend yesterday....wanting to start again next Monday. I did call her and say next week wouldn't work...plumber will not be finished AND starting Saturday I work 8 of the next 10 days. We agreed they will show up on the 23rd to do the final push on this renovation project. In the mix, is that my mom will get a call Friday or Monday with the schedule for her day surgery to remove a melanoma. I will have to work around everything else to make this happen on the Dr's schedule not mine.
I am breathing deep and preparing myself mentally. It is going to be busy....it is going to include emotional discomfort as well as a huge expenditure. I am going to have our contractor friends living in our home AND I will be preparing meals AND taking responsibility for having "stuff" in the refrigerator.
I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE NOW that I function much better when my food is clean.
This next week, even though I'll be working like crazy I'm going to formulate a food plan for the entire time my contractors are here and prep/cook/freeze/etc so I can stay within my food parameters, have food for us all and probably take meals to my mom as she recovers from surgery. All the rest will fall where it is going to fall.
I know today I need a workable plan which keeps me eating healthy and which keeps all the other aspects of my life moving forward. I have noticed this morning that my mind is much more organized than it used to be. I don't feel especially stressed but instead just more aware that I need to be at the top of my game for the next few weeks.

My internet is not reliable. I have been at the computer now for 55min before I could get a reliable connection. I still have to pay our monthly tax payment before I can move on. I was easily able to email my diet buddy from my iPhone but posting at 3fc from it is just not effective.

I might not get to say hello everyday but I will keep up the best I can through my iphone. Once my guests get here my mornings will be filled with hostess stuff/project prep and bathroom sharing.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning only a few sips of coffee for me today. I have a semi fasting test at the gasto dr this morning. I rushed to get up, dressed and eat before my "no eating time" starts. DS is up (I hope). After the doc if we are still without rain I am going to get a short ride in.......no wait scratch that....here comes the rain. Guess I better change my clothes (wearing neon cycling attire lol) Later to Joe's while DS is working. Otherwise just taking it one day at a time. Tammy and Linda take pictures please Have a great day
Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Tywnn it will be 10 degrees cooler today and then it goes down another 10 degrees tomorrow....bring it on

Cottage enjoy your Friday

Debbie omg you have a full schedule both emotional and financially. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for the next couple of weeks

Jekel wow you have been busy this morning.

Today I have lots of meetings that I am leaving for after 8 a.m. call. Tomorrow I am doing wfh. Tonight DD2 is going to school dance she is so excited, I am designated driver for as many as I can fit in my car. DD1 car the clutch popped in yesterday so it is in the shop waiting to see what the damage is going to be. If it is too much time for a newer vehicle, I am hoping for smaller bill and just fix.

Okay better run, I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Just stopping in this morning. We were up all night with a sick sweetie who couldn't breath through her nose. She is in good spirits, but I can tell she's just not herself. Hopefully it's just a cold and not something worse. Will be doing a lot of cuddling today! And an extra-long nap for all of us this afternoon.

I hope everyone here has a great day!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Linda and Tammy enjoy your outing tomorrow

Debbie. All I can say is stay strong

Jennifer. Hope you get you bike ride in

Pearl. Hope car repair goes well

Kim. How is the little one doing. Kids just recover so quickly. Go to bed early if you can. That's what I always tell my daughter. But does she listen...

I binged last night and feel it in my energy level today.
Take care
Sophie
Old 09-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon. It's 15 degrees cooler here this afternoon but we still have crazy humidity so it feels sticky. However, tomorrow's HIGH is forecast for 53! Talk about swings in weather.

Home from school and getting a quiet moment then I must do some exercise. The scale and I have been getting along and I want it to continue. I am also enjoying the fact that food lasts twice as long when you are empty nesters!

Cottage and Twynn, hope you have a great time together.
Debbie, sounds like you are taking the right approach to all the chaos in your life. Know the chicks are behind you!
Pearl, I second the good wishes on your car situation.
Kim, hope she feels better.
Sophie, just get back on the beach.

Well, off to get the blood circulating!!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Suddenly I'm a late in the day poster. We are dealing with yet another batch of super heavy storms - 4-6 inches of rain in just a few hours. Our little river is doing alright but roads washing out yet again. What a summer

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-12-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. Things are really starting to shape up for me. I got a call from a 911 center up in Massachusetts wanting to schedule an interview. It took some arranging of my work schedule (something they had initially offered me and I had turned down), but I got it scheduled for my first Monday in Mass. 911 I know how to do...Porsche is the scary unknown for me, LOL So fingers crossed, prayers sent up, all that good stuff, please!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Natasha, consider it done!

Last edited by Beth19; 09-12-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #13  
Mous

Charley is still sick.

Be careful in CO with all of hte rains.
Closed Thread