South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Sophie, and hope you're 100% soon!

Beth, I missed you in Lake Placid by a day! We spent a lot of time traveling up and down I89 the week I was in NY. Where is your DS going to school this year?

Despite the threat of storms all day, we're having our holiday cookout today so that tomorrow I can use Labor Day to REST! It will be the last big day for the pool, too, since Jake is going to be closing it up this week.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-01-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

WELL! So much for a quiet day with no plans. Got a panic call from the Mill at ten that the student guide was ill so had to dash down to open up and do some tours. People just kept coming as they knew it was the last weekend. Finally got another volunteer in by noon and we handled it until 2:30 when the cafe closed and the mill manager, Joanne, was able to take over.

One of our best visitors was James Keirstead who is a rather famous Canadian artist. Charming man who is going to give us a picture he did of the Delta Mill. He came in to use the bathroom and stayed for lunch. Charming man who is about 80 - and has a really nice wife, dammit!

So there went my day and part of this whimsical Weekend. Never did get outside to attack the garden but it's not winter yet!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Looks like we have a huge crop of grapes from our one little grape vine. The SO isn't sure what type they are - purple, seedless, a little tart, and they grow well in Vermont. I'm eating them every time I go outside but have no idea what else to do with them. Obviously jelly is out so what else can I do? thanks!

Beth - I thought I saw someone waving! Hope you missed the heavy downpours.
Closed Thread