South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wednesday Beach Chat 8/28

Guess what day it is.....Hump Day!! I love the Geico camel commercial. If you have not seen it, it is on You-tube.

I am not sure what is going on with me lately. I seem to be "grazing" in the evening and having trouble falling asleep. I will be spot on all day then derail myself in the evening. Trying to get a handle on this before I lose control. However I am still at goal. Just frustrated with myself.

Waiting for the train. Last work day until Sunday. It is always easier going to work on overtime. Have a great day
Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel! I don't really watch tv, but the girls at work giggle endlessly on the "hummmpp day!". I really should watch it on youtube.

I did clean up my eating this week - phase 1.5. Not perfect (homemade baked beans), but pretty darned good, esp since the boss brought salt water taffy yesterday and I easily resisted. I hope to be a bit better next week after the labor day trip.

I am off for a run!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shhhhhh .... have not yet had my coffee!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm just sitting down to my coffee. Tyler decided to start this morning with a meltdown and disrupted the household. And I STILL don't know what it was all about.

Humpday, and it's been a looooong week so far, don't you think?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Hump Day already?!? This week is flying by. I'm like a little kid who doesn't want to quit vacation and go back to reality.

Don't know how yesterday disappeared. I was planning on working outside but it took until noon for the fog to burn off and then everything was still so wet...I used it as an excuse to stay inside and read a book....Today I must chose between inside work and outside work and then DO IT!

Cleaning up my food choices a little and seeing a small downward shift in my weight. I suspect I was carrying a lot of water weight from being on the road last week.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm headed to work....need to pick up the cook on the way. I did get my mandatory coffee time in, though, and my smoothie is waiting for me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Back from a run - it was pretty miserable - at least 150% humidity (my DH says "is that possible?" ---- YES!!!!). Just got the cheesecake in the oven for the friend that watched the dog, and now off to get ready for work.

And I have not had coffee yet....
Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Had my coffee and just had a visit from a tree guy for an estimate. (The country lads sure start work early! I was barely dressed.) When Ed the yard guy was here yesterday, he told me there was a tree down behind the barn. I went and looked and it's massive. Tim, the "arborist", just looked at it and said it was a "widow maker". It's not all down but has huge branches broken off and just hanging there. Scarey stuff.

The dogs spent the whole day at the groomer yesterday. They were quite matted and Susie had a hard time combing them out. I feel badly - for her and for them. I've put my grooming tools on the table in the back room and will try to clean them up daily. The dog yard needs a brush cleanup too.

Today I plan to do a wee bit of yard work that did not get done yesterday and will combine pet therapy and a bank run after lunch. It's very muggy out there with quite a bit of fog. Room for improvement, Mother Nature, so get someone on it right away!

OK - another coffee and get on with the day. This week is going way too quickly!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I survived the long day, yesterday was really my hump day. At 15 hours I figure it's all downhill to the weekend now. A good friend is coming to camp in our yard this weekend. We're planning kayaking, bonfires, & maybe some tubing. In the meantime I've got a bit more work this week.

It looks like things are going to be all over the place the next couple of months. The SO has a day surgery with week long recovery next Wednesday. I'm taking the rest of that week off. Hopefully we will be looking for fun things to do to fill the time off Then I'm heading to the Baltimore area again the last week of the month for more training. No rental car or work friends this time so I'll probably catch-up on reading at night. Yesterday we got word that we may go to NM again either late November or early December. All that will certainly keep me busy!

I'm still working on getting 100% back on plan. We have both gained 20 lbs in the past 8 months so time to get serious. It really never gets easier.

Okay, work is looming and the sooner I start the sooner I finish. Hope your hump day is a breeze
Old 08-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lol, I'm complaining that the week is dragging while the rest of you are commenting on how fast it's flying by!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Long week for me too. Only 6 days left of taking antibiotics. They don't agree with my stomach
Take care
Sophie
Old 08-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Popping in late today.

I'm off to work the closing shift. The a/c is broken but our corporate office won't let us close the store. It's in the mid-90s out so I suspect I'll be rather toasty tonight, especially when I'm cleaning at the end of my shift.

Big project of the day was starting to clean up our bedroom. It has become the spot where DH and I just leave stuff, like extra throw pillows we moved up there from our basement when it flooded a few years back and piles of old clothes to be donated to charity. We even replaced some very old lampshades from my "trading spaces" days, if anyone remembers that show. I'd put beading around the bottom and it was collecting dust. DH and I noticed we are much stuffier here than we were in Alaska so are decluttering our sleeping space! I hate clutter so that's really the only room in the house where I have my own piles, but DH has them everywhere.

Gotta run. Keep cool.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cyndi where in NM? I will be in Socorro starting Dec 8th for work. Went in 2011 and loved it!!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. I had a good giggle reading over this thread b/c I looooooove the Hump Day commercials. I nearly peed myself laughing yesterday b/c someone photoshopped Miley Cyrus from the VMAs w/ the camel behind her and the caption said "Guess what tomorrow is!?" Pretty vulgar, but I'm not easily offended, so I found it hilarious.

2 more days until I'm camping in the beautiful city of Helen, GA! I can't wait! And I'm also a little giddy b/c of that whole "new man" thing going on. We are just talking right now b/c he's concerned I won't make the move to Mass, but things are going really well and he has made me smile a lot the past few weeks. It's made me open my eyes that I need to bite the bullet and make the move, even if it's w/o a job, b/c I'm missing out on a lot of good possibilities!

Anyway, just dropping in to say hello. I haven't been updating the exercise thread for this month, so I need to get on that. Hard to do when I can't bring my phone, which holds all my exercise records, inside the building, LOL
Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Cyndi where in NM? I will be in Socorro starting Dec 8th for work. Went in 2011 and loved it!!
I don't know yet and, if I go, I probably won't know until I get there. I've been twice, once all vacation and once work/vacation. Both times the fun part of the visit was spent just south of Socorro at a lovely little bed and breakfast near Bosque Del Apache. When I was there for work they had me travel from Albuquerque almost to the Colorado border than across to Taos and back to Albuquerque. Work like that is easy to deal with, lots of driving across incredible countryside. Odds are it will be a similar thing this time with a weekend near Bosque. I love it there too, so completely different and beautiful
Closed Thread