South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvy Monday on the Beach - August 19th

Good morning! Another summer's day and I'm feeling all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after a lovely relaxing and fun weekend at son Jim's cottage. I even managed to get my balky knee into his big boat and spent two hours out on the water. I also re-discovered beer unfortunately but a couple of days of careful eating will take care of that.

Things are gearing down a bit at the Mill - we close Labour Day weekend - and I plan to enjoy this last two weeks of August as much as I can. There will be wind-up stuff to do in September but the workload will be much lighter.

There is a Mil Board meeting this afternoon which I will have to skip - really upset about that ...NOT! I forgot that I had promised to take Donna to meet with her surgeon this morning. She is slated for carpal tunnel syndrome surgery and is scared poopless! I'm going along to listen to what she blocks out. We may go for lunch afterwards. Friends are so much more important than meetings but I will cobble together a financial report and send it along.

Right now though, It's coffee on the back deck and some loon listening. Raising my mug and wishing you a Marvy Monday!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Beachy Chicks I had planned to work today and take the rest of the week off but this morning I'm thinking I'll just spend a few hours working at my desk, them do that again later in the week, and just stay here. It would be nice not driving for a while week. I'm drilling down on the freezing/drying/canning stuff because nothing is done yet. My question for the day - peach blueberry leather or peach plum leather? I froze 5 quarts of peaches and want to dry a little for snacking.

Time to get to work!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I missed y'all this weekend, it would've been nice for you to join me around the campfire with a cup of coffee . That is sweet of you to take Donna, with an added bonus of missing the meeting!

It was a beautiful weekend!! I can't believe the weather, it was perfect. We had newer friends come out, which we all really enjoyed....we may plan a camping weekend together.

The trip started out poorly though, since I left work 1 1/2 hrs late because of an emergency...I'm hoping I finally get out on time today! What do you think my chances are? If so, I want to take the pup on a hike (which she had a blast at our friends house).

How's everyone else?!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - I vote peach blueberry!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Monday morning.

It's quiet here again, in our empty nest. DH and I are going for a hike this morning. Not much else planned for the day.

Have a great one.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth, especially after your fun filled weekend!

Twynn, nice to hear you had a great time, too!

Cyndi, yay for a new plan which involves less driving.

Karen, kudos for keeping up with the hiking! Where do you go?

Ok, getting prepped for tomorrow's trip over the hill...need to get my freeweights in before work, too.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
. My question for the day - peach blueberry leather or peach plum leather? I froze 5 quarts of peaches and want to dry a little for snacking.
Just jumping in... I made peach jalapeno the other day.. it's quite tasty.. but my vote is peach blueberry.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am feeling the bloat this morning the predisone is kicking in glad it's only a 10 day round I will have to work on removing the water weight once off it.

Ruth glad you enjoyed your weekend

Cyndi I vote peach blueberry as well

Tywnn glad you enjoyed your camping trip

Karen I am kind of looking forward to when DS and DD1 move out and it just the three of us left in the house (I know I will miss them when they eventually move out)

Debbie enjoy your morning

PirateJeni

Alright I need to get to work this morning.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon ladies!

I didn't have a chance to get online this morning because I was getting ready for an interview. Even if they called me back for a second round interview, I don't believe I'd take the job- not a safe area. It's right in the middle of downtown, and I'd have to walk a block or two to get to/from my car. When I got back to the parking garage this afternoon, there was a man on the level I parked on, talking to himself. Or me. Or a hallucination. Either way.

Waiting to hear back about my second-round interview time for an interview from last week. I have a good feeling about this one!

Bit bloated today, but after my snack last night of dill pickles and peanuts, totally not surprised!

Pearlrose- I hope the prednisone takes care of your issue!
Debbie- Enjoy your trip.
Cyndi- both!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

So which did you decide on, Cyndi?l Either one sounds delish to me! It sure was great to meet you in real life last week, I only wish we had had more time, and I'm really sorry, everyone, that we totally forgot to take pictures!

My week in the Adirondacks was pure bliss! Our cottage had all the modern amenities and the lake was right out our door. We did go to Lake Placid to sightseeing one day, and spent a day in Vermont, but mostly we enjoyed long, lazy days swimming, boating and laying out on the dock at our cottage a midst spectacular scenery.

Today was back to work, and I had to be there early to take Audrey to an appointment, but they all left for a few days at the shore afterwards, so I should have a pretty quiet & easy week at the house with just me and the dogs.

Now I really need to buckle down and get serious about weight. My eating lately has been just deplorable, I'm embarrassed to say. But I think I'm finally in the right frame of mind and motivated again, and today was totally OP.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening chicks glad to hear everyone is well. Had an uneventful weekend working. On my way home fighting falling asleep on the train. Tomorrow I have training. The four glorious days off!!! Can't wait!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Weekend went by way too fast, unfortunately. Have a good night!
Closed Thread