South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday, August 1

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit - for good luck. I'd forgotten about that custom until this morning.

Here we go with a nice fresh month - a well-washed one too since it's really raining. Seems to me it rains more often on trash days than any other time. (I could be wrong - been wrong before - married twice.)

The dogs continue to be well-behaved and just delightful. Today will be a muddy paw day but the mop and pail are ready.

Two friends from PA who cottage here are coming for coffee this morning. They are here every summer for two weeks and we've become good friends. They live in PA near State College - close to TwinnB, I think. What a coincidence if they knew her! Anyhow Nancy and her sister Sandy will be here for coffee and the usual catching up on Delta news. I guess I'll get at baking some of those decadent Butterscotch Squares for them and will definitely resist them myself. "This is war, Body!"

Now to put on my rainy day clothes and lug out the trash.

Hope your Thursday is great.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning Ruth!

I've never heard of this "rabbit" custom. Is it a Canadian thing?
Enjoy your visit today!

As far as I know, I have absolutely nothing planned today, which suits me just fine. I have a huge stack of books calling my name, and I can't wait to dig in!

Have a lovely (somewhat dry) day!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's Brit thing. You are supposed to say it aloud when you first get up. I said it to the dogs before their good morning pet.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No muddy paws here, but it will definitely be a muddy feet day with all the piles of dirt and gravel in the road, and the pouring rain is just adding to the mix. At least it should keep the drillers away today and I won't have to listen to that all day long.

I always think "rabbit" on the first day of the month. I have no idea how that custom got started, but I've grown up with it.

Say "hi" to Nancy and Sandy for me, Ruth. It was nice to see Nancy briefly last week.

How'd the interview go yesterday, Penmage?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy August! How did that happen?

I have a busy day: second opinion appointment with new podiatrist for foot issue, hair cut and color, annual eye doctor for me and DH. I like to go at the same time so he can drive me home since I always have my eyes dilated and he never does. (I have moles in the back of my eye that they monitor since I've had melanoma.)

I had a rather pig-out evening yesterday and am not sure what got into me. Fortunately I only had healthy food in the house so while I ate wayyyyy too much, it could have been much worse. I think I might need to cut out bread again for a while.

Have a great day.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth, I learned that you hunch over, and spin around three times while saying rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. (and, that it has to be the first thing you say that day) You should ask your friends if they know me - we went to dinner last night, and saw at least 5 people we know. The town is shrinking!

Penmage, read a book for me

Cottage, anything exciting on tap for you and vacation today?

Karen, Yay for you for it only being healthy food!

Work was an absolute bear yesterday, but I had a great time on my date night last night. We had mexican (hey, I got the tortilla free dinner!), then went fishing. I kicked his bum by catching 12 fish (AND the biggest one!) while he only caught 4. Winners choice...what do I win?!?

Today is a long day at work, so not much else. I realized that with my neighbor's son's wedding on Saturday, I need to make sure I have a dress and shoes for both my DD and myself - so maybe a quick shopping trip.

Enjoy your day!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chickies. As a teacher I always hate seeing August roll around; in July I can pretty much not think about my job but when August starts up I know summer is on the decline...

Nothing on the agenda today. Perhaps if it doesn't rain too much I will putter away in the garden. Other than that I'll be reading and maybe do a little housework.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 08-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me my work schedule is full. Tonight after work I meeting up with neighbors and kids to go see Mary Poppins at the Muny (outdoor musical amphitheatre) so that should be fun. It is just right down the road from where I work at Forest Park.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up for awhile but just got to the computer. I've got a small cold, which I think is because my immune system went into overload to fight off the spider bite. I'm going to stay home and try and get lots accomplished. Internet is already slow (??) so I'd best be on my way.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Can't believe it's August already!

Things are much quieter at my house now, as my brother moved out last month and my nephew moved out yesterday. I love that kid to death, but I've taken care of him for 2 years now and he has gotten to the point where he's not very appreciative, so it was time for him to go.

Still applying for jobs in Massachusetts. Still no luck. I've resigned myself to having to go up w/o one...just waiting for my insurance to pay these doctors appointments from this week before I put in my notice (insurance is confusing enough w/o throwing a change in coverage status in the midst of a claim, LOL).
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Natasha- I just saw your post and wanted to pass on a tidbit that my mom learned. She started applying for Ohio jobs while we were still in Florida. One day she applied for a job, sent her resume electronically and all that, and within 10 or 15 minutes she received an automated reply of "thanks, but you don't qualify" essentially, even though she matched or exceeded ALL of their qualifications.

So she called the company she applied to, and asked them why they rejected her as unqualified- apparently there are programs that scan the resume for address information, too, and since she still listed our Florida address on the resume, it kicked her out of the pile, since she wasn't in the state the job was in. (Btw, she ended up getting that job after all! )

So you might want to think about leaving your Georgia address off your resume, or putting your new Mass. address on, even though you're not there yet.

Last edited by penmage; 08-01-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: rephrase something
Closed Thread