Thursday Thunder, July 18th beach chat

• Good morning chicks! Someone flew in here (Ruth?) and locked all the previous threads and then left. I guess I'll start the thread today! I know some were hoping for a storm to cool things off, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm off for a long day of work, so nothing too exciting. I'm enjoying my coffee and quiet before things start up, while reading some blogs. Tomorrow is Friday...yippee!
  • We sure did have thunder. Poor Disney was sooo terrified! We actually had three storms move through but it doesn't seem to have cooled things down much - just steamy out there. Lots of rain though so no need to water the garden this morning.

I'm outta here shortly to open up the Mill and Town Hall for the students. Joanne the Manager has to take her boy to the orthodontist this morning. I'll do a little work over there and then come home and tackle the accounting backlog. Someday I may get caught up!

Keep cool if you're in this heat. I'm drinking lots of water but think it's going straight to my ankles!
  • Good Morning

Twynn, thanks for getting us started AND for the reminder that tomorrow is Friday. I never know anymore. I hope your day is bump free!

Ruth, I hope your chores at the mill get finished and you are home soon!

We slept in a bit. The water project started yesterday and I got called home from Denver pronto to make a decision regarding a change in the plan. Fortunately I had most of my chores finished before the call. I may need to buzz down again to finish up but have decided I'd better stay close until the mystery pipe is found. So it's "Bing" day....bath, cut and get all his pills put into "meatballs" or something which will make it easy for mom to keep him on his medication while we're gone. I had it all set up for a live in dogsitter ($$) but mom really wants him to stay with her. I think they'll do fine since it's only 4-1/2 days.

Have a great day everyone!

I'm off to find the pup.
  • Morning. Already been out and picked another quart of blueberries from my bushes, now I'm relaxing with my java. I am going to save my daily berry allotment to mix with greek yogurt for my afternoon snack.

Ruth, the thunderstorms went on either side of me yesterday; but that worked for me since we had friends over for a cookout.

Off to the doctor shortly for my post-op checkup. Hoping to get the go ahead for some PT so I can finally be mobile again.

Have a great day, chicks!
  • Good morning We've been up since Cricket decided sleeping in was boring. Good thing because we are trying to sell a canoe and kayak and people wanted to come look at them. Now we are packing for a couple of nights camping in the mountains. hope the rain isn't persistent or hard.

Hope it's not too hot or too stormy where you are. I'll be back Saturday night.
  • Another hot one here.. and unfortunately the a/c stopped working at my job.. very sweaty day here, hope everyone else managed to stay cool.