Muggy Monday Chat - July 15

• Whew! I guess I shouldn't complain because it's early yet but I just came in from the deck and my robe actually feels damp from the humidity. The AC will be working overtime today since we have a high of 92 predicted with nearly 100% humidity. I don't know what that will do to the Humidex and don't want to know.

Up early (4 a.m. sucks!) because I'm fretting Mill finances. I go through this every year when we start paying salaries for five staff before grant money comes in. I have a Board Meeting this afternoon and am writing a really tough financial report! That will fill up my morning - at least I can work in AC comfort. Jazz is lying on to of the vent in the diningroom keeping cool.

Picked more beans yesterday afternoon and am going to make a three bean salad to have on hand. I really like that salad, especially over garden greens. Although my house is fairly cool, I don't want to cook and like to have things like HB eggs on hand. Karen brought me some BBQ ribs they had for their dinner last night and they just did not appeal - probably because of the guilt I'd feel over eating that kind of thing.

So ... on with the day and trying to keep my cool, physically and mentally!

How does your Muggy Monday look? Have a coffee and chat a bit.
  • Good morning!

It's going to be a hot, humid week here with a heat index of over 100* every day. Ugh. You'll either find me in a cool pool or inside enjoying the AC.

I hope you finish up your financial report in good time, Ruth, and it goes smoothly! I made some Texas Caviar last night which is similar to 3 Bean Salad and plan to have it for my lunches all week. We think alike!

Well, I'd better get out and water my potted plants before I leave. Jake would water them, but he always ends up forgetting a few of them and they'd roast in this heat.
  • Mmmmm.....I have newer recipes for texas caviar and three bean salad that I adore! I might make one of those for the week (tsk tsk, didnt plan it yet!)

Ruth, I cant blame you for the nervousness on the financial report. But you are a better woman than I to resist the ribs!

Cottage, I think I'll stay with you and the pool this week!

DH is gone for the next couple of days, I might have to take the kids to one of our local creeks (brrrr cold!) or lakes for a dip to stay a bit cooler.

I just had a run (first in two weeks, I took a bit of a break...) and now am on my back porch listening to the hawks talking to their babies . Oh, and now a hot air balloon is close enough it sounds like a dragon, I think it's landing in the field across the road. Unfortunately, my DD is awake to watch it!! (holy cow it is above our neighbor's house!!)

I just saw a recipe for an avocado chocolate smoothie, I just might have to try that .

Have a cool day, y'all!
  • Good morning Ditto here with the heat. We are planning to camp Thursday night and stay Friday night if the little dog is handling the heat and not annoying the neighbors

Not much going on here. Last night I grilled shrimp for the first time. Can't believe I never did it before, so easy and so good. tonight it's ahi tuna with kalyns new cucumber avocado salad and tomato salad on the side.

Food is okay but exercise still eludes me with this heat and rain. I need a better plan!
  • Glad I am not working in this heat. Although it is going to be the same tomorrow when I do go back. Tomorrow is the MLB All Star Parade on 42nd St. Don't want to miss it! DS actually cleaned his room last night!!! When I went to bed he was going through his desk getting rid of stuff. I thought I was dreaming lol.

Nothing planned except relaxing before my doctor's appointment. CyndiM and Tammy I have been very lax with exercise this month. I blame it on the heat and the rain. I have two back to back rides this week for the Wounded Warrior project. Hope my laziness doesn't take its toll on my

Ruth good luck with the fiscal report

Linda my plants are not liking the heat either. But I do have a my first cucumber growing yippe!!!

AC is cranking time to finish my coffee. Keep cool chicks
  • Good morning,

It is definitely a muggy and sticky day today. Went for a run this morning and was totally drenched when I got home.

Ruth I wish a speedy finish to your financial report.

Cottage enjoy the pool this week

Tywnn that sounds like the hot air balloon was quite close to the houses yikes.

Cyndi those shrimp sound delish I may have to try I have never done either

Jekel enjoy your day, I made DS clean his room before he left for his week trip to Canada and DD1 made some progress with her room.

I am picking up the car we are test driving today to see if we want to purchase for DH. I hope this one works as I hate car shopping. Okay gotta get back to work.

Try to stay cool everyone!!!
  • Hey! Just finished the report without tearing out my hair - even printed it. Now I'm going to do that salad and do something with my FOUR avocados.

Delta Fair doesn't open until next week (Thursday) but a big ride arrived at the Fairgrounds this morning. I bet every kid will be down there later today gawking!
  • Ruth muggy is right, the humidity here is ridiculous. Luckily I spent the day in the pool to escape the heat.
  • Hi!
    I had every intention of stopping by to say hello this morning. I was just about to log onto my computer upstairs when Kirk told me my phone had been squawking. It was my coworker asking me if I would come in early because she was by herself and had gotten slammed. That's what happens when you live right off the interstate. So work is done I came home and pulled weeds while Kirk mowed with our new lawnmower. Now it's time to think about dinner.

It was actually a little bit cool here today. Hot and muggy does not sound fun.

I'll see you all tomorrow!
  • *waves* Just passing through. Heading to bed early tonight so I can spend the day at the lake tomorrow.