South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wednesday July 3rd Beach chat

Sorry ladies not very chipper today. My heart just aches for my DS. My ex sent me a "call me ASAP" text yesterday. A very close friend of my son's committed suicide. Another friend found her. Lovely girl I am still in shock. I spoke with my son several times yesterday. I just want to hold him and take away his pain. Praying for her family. I am at a loss for words.

My apologies for starting the thread this way. Hug your kids extra today. If they are grown just call and tell them you love them. Ok now that I have tears in my eyes yet again it's train time. Take care
Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

That is so heartbreaking, Jennifer, you made me tear up. Prayers for her family that is left behind for peace and comfort. That is one of my greatest fears in life is losing a child, especially to them taking their own life.

I have one more day of work, hopefully not as tiring as yesterday (an 11 yr old dog ate a towel....), and then we're off to go camping!! Gratefully my neighbor said she could watch them again...she is easily bribed with food (although thanks for all the offers!). So I made her more blueberry buckle, and told them I'm smoke some pulled pork sometime.

I'm planning on making some black bean salad this morning (I have a *bumper* crop of cilantro this year) to take with me, hopefully avoiding all those nasty camp foods .

Off to read my new addiction of a few blogs, then must finish packing!!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, that is so very sad for both the girl's family and your son. Hold him close even if it is long distance. Thanks for starting this thread anyhow and know that the chicks feel some of your pain.

Lot's to do this morning as I want to drop the doggage at the kennel just after noon and take off for my lavender farm visit. It's also url=http://winecountryontario.ca/prince-edward-county]wine country [/url] and a very pretty part of the province. I'll just cruise around and scout out a good place for dinner before I head for the B&B.

Raising my second mug to us all for a humpless Wednesday.

Tammy: The dog ate a towel? My Lucy used to eat my eyeglasses - did it seven times before she died of something else. Enjoy your camping prep. Where do you go to camp. Canada is nice!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - SEVEN times?!?! Good grief!! What held us back on this dog, is that we did a surgery on her in december and it is was negative, so we didn't want to do that again. We finally opened her up after lunch, and there were 5 chunks of towel to remove!!

We are camping at http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...rk/laurelhill/ this time. Honestly, it was one of the few spots available for the fourth that had electricity and allowed a dog. We would LOVE to go to Canada sometime!!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - So sad.

I am practicing with our new laptop today. Window 8 is still confounding me but I spent time online researching tips so am getting better. It will be nice to have the smaller, lighter laptop for our trip, although we have very few times we can get online and several days without any internet opportunities (or cell) at all.

Today is busy... workout with mom and trainer since I'll miss Friday, hair cut and color, and physical therapy (trying for my pinched nerve). Then... starting to pack. We are done shopping, at least, except for 2 styles of pants I ordered online that should arrive today.

Have a great one.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a fly by, we decided a little more sleep was better than leisurely packing so now we are rushing around. We are off to see my parents for the long weekend. There's been a lot of serious flooding in their area, including the area around the campground we are staying at. So glad we have a cabin not a tent site. Then there will be wedding dress shopping. I am not a fan of so called mother of the bride wear. Yuck.

Hope everyone gets some nice dry weather for the long US weekend.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. Foggy here right now but at least it is not raining.

Jennifer, so sorry to hear your news. DS2 had a similar experience a couple years ago and it still hurts and makes us ask why?

To all the chicks camping/traveling, may you have some nice weather and safe travels.

I'm going to be safe and dry parked on the couch for a few more days. I'm not a good patient- very impatient to be up and doing my normal routine. Hopefully recovery will be uneventful.

Here's to an OP day for all.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jennifer so to hear your news this morning, it is always so heartbreaking to hear.

I am so glad that I have tomorrow off this week has been crazy at work, I am off tomorrow but working from home on Friday so hopefully week will end better.

For US chickies have a great 4th of July!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quick drop in today. Not a good evening- day started out great, work was fine, etc. Got home after 6 and was called by the temp agency, who told me I was no longer needed at the company I was temping at and to please not come back. Cue carb binge. *sigh*
Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Posting pretty late in the day, but it's the first chance I got. Currently at work. It rained all day so our fireworks at the stadium was canceled and rescheduled for Sunday. That's "my detail" and I work it every year, but I was going to have to miss it this year. Now that it's been rescheduled, I'll be able to work it. Yay!

jekel - So sorry for your son...I know how difficult it is to deal with as my brother's 2 bestfriends both committed suicide. It is absolutely heartbreaking and senseless...I will keep your son in my prayers.

penmage - Sorry about the job. Don't make it worse by using food for comfort, though!

Lots going on in my life right now. I've lost 2 cousins this year (older cousins) and am about to lose the 3rd. She's in ICU and Hospice has already been called in. My ex, who I had to file a police report against, started trying to contact me again a couple of days ago. I haven't responded to his texts or calls, but if he tries again I'm going to have to tell him to stop and then file another report. I think he's seen through Facebook that I have a date this weekend and is realizing how badly he screwed up. Oh well...too late.

Anyway, off to do more work. Hope you ladies are having a good night!
Closed Thread