Phase 1 Food Question

• Chia seeds? Would they be ok on Phase 1? Or are they more of a Phase 2 item?

Also, is Stevia ok, as opposed to artificial sweeteners? I'm really trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners.

Thanks for your help!!
  • chia is okay for any phase IMO. I would say yes to stevia though definitely not agave, but others may have a different opinion
  • I use both in any phase. No agave until P2 (sparingly)
  • Whew! That's a relief! I'm only half way through my second week and i'm already over eggs for breakfast. Thanks for your help, Ladies!

Also, I just want to say, I've tried this diet in the past and did ok. But I feel so much more informed and prepared for this after reading this forum.
    Thanks to all of you for all of your support!
  • Hey Ntasha
    Hi, I was wondering what you do with the chia seeds, I am curious! Good luck to you this time, I am back from other numerous attempts. Hope we both sucseed big time!
  • I use them with canned pumpkin to make a pudding.They are a great thickening agent
  • I do the same with yogurt or in my smoothie.
  • I made chia pudding with them, with almond milk, cinnamon and stevia. It was good. I just started phase 2, so I think I'll start making smoothies for breakfast with spinach, fruit, chia, almond milk and yogurt. Because I am SICK of eggs!
    Good luck to you too, adaminu! We can totally do this!