3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Memorial Monday Chat - May 27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/282347-memorial-monday-chat-may-27-a.html)

Ruthxxx 05-27-2013 05:26 AM

Memorial Monday Chat - May 27

Good morning. :sunny: The crack of dawn sure starts early these mornings. It was bright in the east at 4:20 and the loons were hollering. A flock of geese flew over as well - it sounded like they were flying through the house, not over it. What a racket! (I think they were arguing over the GPS.)

I spent long days at the Town Hall this weekend and have to go over there this morning to orient a new person who is filling in for our assistant curator Joanne who is on holiday in Holland. We have a booking today for a mystery writers' event but I am just going over to check the set-up.

Our experimental cafe was fun but I don't think it is financially viable. The food was just great but we really cannot make a profit buying expensive local foods. Eggs at $4.75 a dozen? Everyone was all keen but when all bills are paid it looks like we will clear about $200 for three days of work. That was using volunteers and the chefs donating their time. :shrug:

Anyhow, I am going to clean up my kitchen - Friday's dishes are still in the sink - throw in a load of tablecloths from the cafe and try to get a bit of gardening done before I have to go to the Hall to crank up the week. I am sooo behind on house stuff. ( Shhh but I still have the boxes of Christmas decor on the front porch!)

What's your plan for the day? I hope picnics and bbqs with family and friends are on the schedule. :carrot:

Lexxiss 05-27-2013 07:27 AM

Good morning:sunny:

I woke up this morning just thinking about what I needed to do at home before I went to work. I actually forgot it's a holiday for most but I'll surely know it's a holiday once I get to work and it's crazy busy. I'm the closing girl so it means that I'll be stuck there forever with people stopping in on their way home.

Ruth-thanks for getting us started this morning. Enjoy your day!

:wave: everyone else!

Have a great day everyone!

It's time to head out and make my smoothie.

jekel383 05-27-2013 07:33 AM

Ruth, just curious are you sure you are retired? LOL The cafe does sound like a great idea. Would local merchants donate for free advertising in the menu?

The weekend plans were washed out and replaced by major weeding and planting Joe's garden. So thankful his son pitched in too. Feeling the after results today and bagged my bike bike ride. I woke up with strange hip pain the other night. Still not right. Feels like my leg needs to be pulled down from the socket. I'll blame it on the gun belt lol

Today DS and I are going to my sister's for nephew's wedding reception. So before we leave I need to tackle a few odds and ends here. I put myself back on P1 for a few days as I have been downright naughty! Hopefully I can choose wisely today.

The garden looks really nice, except for the snake that scared me!! I hate. snakes. Joe is lucky I didn't shoot it. Granted it was on,y a baby, but still YUCKY! Hey everyone has their kryptonite :)

Thank you to all who have served (no matter what country you live in)

WaistingTime 05-27-2013 08:00 AM

Good morning.

I had a particularly nice (and surprising) start to my day. Delta upgraded our red-eye flight home from Alaska this summer to first class; we'd been on a waiting list to use frequent flyer miles (from my mom's account) and not optimistic. It took me a bit to figure out since it was combined with a schedule change. And then I had to call to get them to upgrade the second leg, included in the amount of miles we used. But, woo hoo!!!

My mom and I are going to check out the new Athleta store today. Then I'll come home and put my foot up again.

My eating has been back on track. I've cut out the bread again which really is best for me. Very much enjoying summer fruits and managing to eat them in reasonable amounts. I can go a bit overboard with those too.

Have a great day.

Pearlrose 05-27-2013 09:16 AM

Good morning,

Woke up to closer to normal time for me but still slept in which felt great, just 4 days of early wake ups and then two weeks of not having to get up early. I am ready and starting to gear up for the trip.

I think we will go to Six Flags today since the water park is open, we will stop at Jefferson Barracks to pay tribute to all those veterans who gave all for country on our way there.

Have a great day.

Beth19 05-27-2013 09:52 AM

Finally a morning with lovely sunshine! That cold rainy stuff was getting old. At least I'm not in the mountains; Whiteface got 3 FEET of snow over Saturday and Sunday.:yikes:

Not sure what today will bring but I feel so much more energetic when the sun is out!

Happy Memorial Day to all!

Xan 05-27-2013 10:24 AM

Graduation is over! This was my long-planned get-back-on-plan day, but I've hit another health snag. I started having severe dizzy spells last Monday. I thought it was stress, and it may well be, but I have several doctor's appointments and tests coming up. It's particularly annoying because the weather has been beautiful here. Clear blue skies, coolish temperatures, and one of my many plans was to start walking. But I walk like a drunk, so it's not a good idea. For now. Hope to see you all again soon.

BellaLucia 05-27-2013 10:47 AM

Hello! Have a great day at work, Debbie! Day 10 of SBD is going well. I am eating lots of beans, lean protein, eggs and soup!

CyndiM 05-27-2013 01:13 PM

:wave: Still here, still moving, still internet challenged and mostly on plan. Apparently carrying heavy stuff up and down stairs over and over and over again is good exercise ;)

The sun is out and it's actually warmish so I'm taking a break and enjoying the sun!

Ruthxxx 05-27-2013 04:23 PM

Warmish here too and I STILL have not gone out to garden. Clearing weekend fallout from the Mill weekend!

Natasha1534 05-27-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan (Post 4753817)
Graduation is over! This was my long-planned get-back-on-plan day, but I've hit another health snag. I started having severe dizzy spells last Monday. I thought it was stress, and it may well be, but I have several doctor's appointments and tests coming up. It's particularly annoying because the weather has been beautiful here. Clear blue skies, coolish temperatures, and one of my many plans was to start walking. But I walk like a drunk, so it's not a good idea. For now. Hope to see you all again soon.

Do you have a history of vertigo? The first time I went through it I had no idea what was going on. I am not one to run to the hospital for every little thing, but I actually called my mom that morning and asked her to come drive me to the hospital. I've had a few more returns since then and it sucks, that much is true. I hope you get it figured out!

Just a quick fly by, ladies. *waves*