South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday SBD Chat, May 20

Good morning
I'm going to get us started and say hello early because I have plans for my morning before I have to go to real work. I'm going to try to get at least a half hour of work in my yard every morning this week. It's just too hot for me later in the day. + after work I don't really feel like doing anything. Maybe if I make some nice progress this morning mom and I will drive down and check out greenhouse after work. We shall see.

As I thought I traveled yesterday through a snowstorm. It's certainly nicer here and I sure wish we would have gotten some of the moisture.

My food choices have been going pretty good and I'm going to step into at least a week of 1.5 while I'm on my own. I think I'm really interested in some minimal cooking choices. LOL

What's on your agenda? Stop by and say hello

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie, nice surprise not being the only one up. Just got on my train. Hope you get a little yard time in before work. I get absolutely nothing accomplished on my work days. Great job staying on 1.! It helps me maintain.

Not much on the agenda. Just wish they would serve coffee on the train lol. I'll check the posts on my way home. Have a great day
Old 05-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, chirpy and chatty Early Birds!

Thank God it's Monday! Never thought I'd say TGIM but today feels like a day of rest for a change after an incredibly busy weekend. It sure was fun though. I went to Book Club last night and none of the guys were there, just the women. We did discuss the book briefly and then just talked and laughed. I have sore tummy abs from laughing. Even stuffy N. loosened up and actually got a tad rowdy.

Bank trip on this mornings agenda to drop off the bread and flour money and the Tea Part loot. The T-P was great and there certainly was enough food. I have lots of cookies and squares fro the next event which is the trial run at a wee cafe in the Hall next weekend and the AGM mid-June. We have a fish-fry June 8 but that'll be a "pie" event. I live in my kitchen!

So ... today is a stat holiday and I plan to work in a little deck time. I might even get a chance to clean up my front porch for sitting this week. We have rain in the forecast this week so ...

TGIM! Enjoy yours.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to all of you chatty early birds! I'm sipping my coffee and slipping gently into the morning after a late night of partying, and it was still going strong when Jake and I left. At least I can take my time getting over there this morning, and I hope someone is up to get the girls off to school, LOL!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chatty chicks! I can't believe Ruth just said TGIM...no way!! I pried myself outta bed to go on the walk, but it's over with. Now on to daily chores . It stinks being a grown up .

DD has a dr appt this afternoon, and DS will go to a friends to stay outta her hair. She also has pink eye (oh joy) so if it still looks nasty she won't be going to school even though she's on meds from her last time. I thought of hauling the kids over the mountain to go to the greenhouse, but we'll see how the day goes.

My friends cancelled their visit last night because of the pink eye (oookkkaayy), so I have lots of healthy veggie side dish options to eat this week. Never mind a ton of leftover smoked chicken!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Working out with mom and trainer today.

Then this afternoon I finally have an appointment with a doctor for my auto-immune disease who was "on the list" that the national organization puts out. I made this in December; it took my 5 months to get in as a new patient. Coincidentally I see my own doctor later this week, so I'll have a second opinion and can ask everything I'd ever want to ask. I have not been symptom free since going off steroids except for the last 10 days. My husband pointed out to me I haven't worked in that time. Hmm.

Have a great day.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, I cannot agree with Ruth that is TGIM today, my whole day started off on wrong foot but is back on track now

Tonight I plan on doing some mending while watching either the Voice or Dancing with Stars finale.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #8  

Smile

Good late morning everyone! I am old hat to 3fatchicks from years ago but haven't been on here in a long time. I am starting SB today. Haven't done it in years either. I was on an anti-candida no grain, then gluten free diet a couple of years ago through a very expensive doctor and I just couldn't maintain that strict of a diet. Needless to say I wasted a lot of money and have gained all the weight, about 60 pounds, back. Ugh.
I do have a gluten sensitivity so am reading the gluten solution book while I do Phase 1. It is pretty much the same anyway.

I may not be on here every day but I am going to try. I am a homebody and need to have some accountability so thought I'd get back to you all. I used to spend a lot of time on here. Then my twins were born and life changed as I knew it! They are seven now so I don't have to watch them as close as I use to. Unfortunately school is out after this week so I won't have as much alone time, but on the good side, I am hoping they will help me be more active than when I am home alone all day!

Well, I look forward to getting to know you all and this will be my last TGIM for a while. I need to go make myself some kind of eggs. Crazy, I really like eggs but just don't eat them much.

Have a wonderful day!

Candy
Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #9  

Day 1 for me. Just joined the board but have been a passive reader for a bit.

I'm excited about starting and hopeful I will learn new ways of cooking/eating that will fix my lack of energy (I would love to lose weigh but really I am just tired of feeling tired, particularly after eating).
Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Welcome back, Candy! Welcome Coco!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/226/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default My first day too!

So today is day one for me. I've done variations of SB in the past, so it's not really new to me. But I'm feeling really good about where I am in my life and what I want. I'm also excited about the support here. Thanks to all of you!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #12  

I am feeling pretty good but am getting into the danger zone, I'm pretty zonked. It's afternoons that are the worst! Right about now, I would have gotten a sugary treat and coffee in order to get through the rest of my day. :/

I'm not hungry but I can definitely tell that my body wants some sort of baked good.

I'm going to take a walk and try to get some fresh air. Hopefully that will kill the carb cravings!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #13  

CoCo, I,got the no sugar added fudgesicles. That really helped me tonight. I did pretty good but don't think I ate enough. I was so busy!
Closed Thread