Majestic Monday Chat, April 29

• Hi everyone,
    Just checked in and saw this hadn't been started - so here we go. I'm off to get my cup of coffee, the first pot "failed" this morning, so I've had to wait. Be back.
  • Majestic Monday! Good title, Matilda. I'll have to dig out my crown and robe to wear for the day.

It sure was a lovely weekend around here! Spring has most definitely arrived. I did some puttering around outdoors and really enjoyed it. I am trying to strike a balance between volunteering and getting on with my own stuff. I even cleaned and used the grill for three meals.

Today is clear except for gym with Donna and I just might zoom into town to get some pansies. It's way too cold for anything else yet but it's coming!

Whoops! Just remembered that Jazz escaped from the yard yesterday so I must find and fix yet another "leak" in the dogyard fence. I suspect he has been hiding behind the hedge working on yet another tunnel.

Marching through Monday majestically with a mug of coffee in hand!
  • Yes, it was a gorgeous weekend. We have friends who bought a house on Cape Cod and we went to visit them - boy, is it a long drive. Seriously. We left the cape yesterday at 2:30 and did not get home until 9! And hit no traffic - we did stop for about 45 minutes to eat dinner but still. I love our friends but I don't know how they do it.

This is a short week - my husband is on vacation, which makes me feel like I'm on vacation too. This morning I have to take my cat to the groomer and then off to work; tomorrow is a short day but my son and I both have dentist appts. after school. Wednesday am my son has a dr. appt. in the city and then we are going to Philly for a few days vacation, back on Saturday. I'm excited!
  • Good morning on this rainy Monday. I had the bedroom windows open and it was lovely to lay in bed listening to the pitter-patter.

I hope you are enjoying a nice cup of coffee now, Matilda. Did you have a good weekend?

Ruth, I'm sorry that little rascal Jazz is up to his old tricks again. You may have to have someone come in to secure the bottom of the fence all the way around the dog yard.

It was a gloriously sunny weekend here. I ended up going over to my DD's Friday afternoon and staying over so we could go to the mother/daughter luncheon at her church on Saturday, and got back in time for Jake and I to celebrate our 44th anniversary yesterday. I think I'm due for a couple of Phase 1 days to get me back on track.
    I'm guessing it will be a quiet day at the farm since it's raining, I don't think the construction crew will be able to work, but one never knows.
  • I think I need to join you on a few phase I days, Cottage, but maybe after I eat my beets up!?!? The mother daughter luncheon sounds lovely, and glad you got to celebrate your anniversary. I have a long way to go until #44!!

Ruth, did you jinx yourself? Didn't you say in the last couple of days that he hadn't escaped?! LOL! Should I tell you that I put a (weak) electric fence at the bottom of a fence I had once...worked great at keeping them in .

Matilda, sounds like you have a great week planned! A coffee failure has got to rank as one of the worst ways to start the day...

Speaking of coffee, I bought some "jamaican me crazy" coffee from wegmans....the smell alone sets off cravings! I should make some of that soon .

Today I got my walk in, next is the normal prep for the day then work. After work we're going back to look at an expandable camper before we get DS back for football practice (which he hates, and I hate how he's tired and crabby all week!).

I figured I walked about 25 miles last week. Now, if I could only stop eating as much...
  • Good morning I never made in in yesterday, it was one of those days with too much to do and unexpected aggravation taking up too much time I'm so glad I'd planned a walk with a fried. Getting out and exercising was just what I needed to turn the day around. I didn't get what I wanted done but I did make good progress and the sunny day helped my attitude.

It's going to be a crazy work week balanced with a crazy home week. The BF has decided to get a gang together to move heavy stuff while I'm up north all day Wed. I love not having to lift but feel a bit guilty leaving it to others, especially him. He broke his back in several places when he was younger and needs to be careful about how much he carries too. Friday the internet & phone are supposed to get moved. Saturday we are doing an MG Walk in Boston to raise awareness and money for MG research. Then Sunday I hope to move myself and the cats to the new place and start getting them settled. That will give us 2 full weeks before I have to go to Maryland for a week (unexpected and annoying job trip). Luckily I have this place until 5/31 so can continue dealing with sorting and smaller things until then. I know I will feel good when it's all done but it's a lot of work, a fair amount of stress, and a lot of emotional upheaval. Recognizing that made me back off on active weight loss for right now. I just don't have it in me so if I can maintain the weight and get regular exercise (and I am!) that's good right now.

Wow, that was long-winded. I'm heading north to gather signatures at a local college. Not my favorite task but not a bad day for it. I'll bring my binoculars and hope for some good bird sightings along the way!

Tonight I'm trying Kalyn's Roasted Garbanzo and Vegetable Salad Recipe with Garlic, Feta, Olives, and Basil . The chickpeas are in the pressure cooker right now. I've moved to salad mode so it must be spring
  • Good morning.

It is going to be hot here today. Later in the week, back to the unseasonable cold. Crazy weather year.

I have my workout with my mom and trainer today. Then groceries. This afternoon DH and I will go check out some houses on the bi-annual builders' association homes tour. Just for fun; just the really expensive ones. Unfortunately then I'll come home and mine will seem dated and small. Oh well.

My eating was not good this weekend so must quickly get on track since I have a short trip coming up soon.

Have a great day.
  • Good morning,

Got the call in a few minutes so flyby for me. Yesterday ended up being a lazy rain day DS ended up going with a friend who had a truck to bring the moped back. Though I did get to bond some with his GF which is a good thing

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Good Morning!!
    I thought I would check in while I can. Then work, work, work. Ruth what kind of flowers are in your profile pic? I have never seen those before.
    I am back from grocery store. Bought everything I needed for two weeks except for Kale which I don't think will last until next week. The Mexican crock pot dish is cooking, the dishwasher and washing machine are running. I'm watching Max and Ruby! I have a few more things to check on the computer then I'd better get the junior couch potato outside before she ends up like her Mom. I hope everyone's week is royally wonderful.
  • Well, Monday work is over for me, which is a good feeling. I was tired today from being gone this weekend but was pleasantly surprised this morning when the scale said I hadn't gained anything on my trip. Apparently I made the right food choices.
    Overcast here but at least the daffodils are cheerful and the trees are starting to bud out. The rest of the week looks to be sunny and warmer so there's that to look forward to!
  • That salad from Kalyn's was really good. Next time I will add artichoke hearts and serve over baby spinach