South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Sounds like Ruth has the most exciting plans. Tough for any of us to compete with her lifestyle!
For me today is menu planning and groceries, a little cleaning, then my son and some friends are coming for a cookout. The morning sun yesterday was deceptive as the temperature dropped throughout the day and we ended up with snow flurries. Today it might hit 50, but at least there is no precipitation in sight.
Time to refill the coffee cup.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #17  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jennifer - We do both a traditional and a winter CSA. It was the last week for the winter CSA. It's their second year and I love it. She has greenhouse greens, root cellar veggies (turnips, carrots, beets, onions...), frozen veggies from the summer farm (peppers, broccoli, squash, pumpkin, etc), and eggs, chicken, holiday turkeys, beef & pork (which I don't eat), all kinds of home canned stuff (salsa, fermented stuff, jams, sauce, pickles, etc), fresh bread, pizza dough, breakfast sandwiches. Also honey, soaps, quince jams, pies, and cheese from other local producers. It's lots of fun. I love my CSAs and find the price evens out over the season but I do buy primarily local and organic or close to in season.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #18  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning, all! Ive had a very busy three weeks which is why I haven't been round. I can say I didn't regain anything, but that's it. We had two ballet companies here, and I had to go to several performances and write. I also had to get out an issue of the magazine I publish, and edit and design/layout. It's at the printers! Now I can breathe.

And then there's school This weekend I had to arrange the students' schedules for next year (we only have 70 students, so it really can be done in a weekend.) AND I applied for Social Security as I'll retire at the end of the year. That took a whole morning.

So, I didn't cook! I've discovered Campbell's slow kettle soups, I know it's not as good as a homemade soup (in theory) but they do have a lot of vegetables. That's been dinner, and I eat sliced chicken on salad greens and vegetables at school for lunch.

I love iPhone! I left mine in a cab last fall, and miss it. Once I retire and figure out finances, I'll get another, if I can.

Sorry this is so long! I'm always in and out, whining that I'm busy, so I thought I'd give you a report of what I did when I wasn't posting.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, it looks like I've missed the morning call, so a cheerful "Good afternoon" to everyone! Jake and I were discussing some yard work we wanted to do while having our morning coffee, then we started right into it. We have his brother's birthday party this afternoon, so I just had a big salad for lunch since there's no telling what kind of food will there. It's a potluck and all I was asked to bring were club rolls.

Tammy, Emma is one of my favorite names, and yes, I got it right away.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 256/227/160

Height: 5'-6"

Hey, everyone. I know I haven't been around in a while, although prior to a few weeks ago, I was lurking if not posting. Hope some of you remember me - I feel like I was just getting to know you when I stopped posting as often. I knew it would be hard to maintain any non-work screen time once work got busy, and it has. But I was definitely eating more healthfully when I checked in here regularly, thanks to you all.

It's been a tough week in the Boston area; two weeks prior to that I in an auto accident with drunk driver - I'm OK, thankfully. Just a very anxious time all around.

In more upbeat news, I picked up on this trend of making a week's worth of salads in mason jars to take to work for lunch. Have you guys been talking about this at all? I'm pleased to report it works ... they do stay fresh all week. I'll post more about it if this hasn't been discussed already.

Good to see you all ...
Old 04-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Triplestep glad to hear you are OK. it is normal to be anxious after an accident. I have never heard of salads in mason jars. PLEASE enlighten me I imagine a large mason jar would hold enough fixins for a couple of salads
Closed Thread