South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

I am a long-time reader who finally decided to make myself known. I found 3FC 1 1/2 years ago when DH and I started SB. We were looking for something we could do long term to lose and keep off the weight. We were both concerned about family history and the weight creep so many of us experience as we age. There is no way I would still be on the beach if not for all of the great recipes and support here. I was actually below my goal weight last summer, but recently I have found too many excuses to cheat: I'm having a good/bad day, It's a holiday (or not), I'm tired/stressed/whatever. So I thought posting might keep me more accountable.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Ruth, we are practically neighbors since I'm right across the River. I've never been to Delta, but I drove to Athens for a month of Tuesdays when DS1 tried out for the Aeros! (I sometimes feel I have been in most of the ice arenas from VanKleek Hill to Arnprior to Kingston , but that's a long story!)
Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Beth, and welcome home here on the Beach.

Yes, we are nearly neighbours. As a MOD I can check out your location and we are less than two hours apart. I frequently cross-border shop in Watertown so one of these days we might meet up.

I've been fighting the gain/lose cycle too so we can empathize.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys, this is a late check in for me. We had a busy weekend with the in laws visiting; they left this am and we did a costco run and stocked up. The house is clean and I feel ready for tomorrow and a new week. Next weekend I have a spa weekend with my friend! We are checking in to the hotel (which has the spa in it) on Saturday am and checking out Sunday am. I am so excited, but of course I've got a bit of "farming" (home pedicure, waxing etc.) to do before I'm ready to expose myself to anyone other than DH. :-). See you all tomorrow morning...
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening chickies quick fly by before bedtime. Welcome Beth Tammy congrats, puppy is a cutie! Does the lovely pup have a name yet?

Ruth you will be happy to know I left my cranky pants with my flat tire Enjoyed riding through the farms and seeing so many new babies!! The colts and goats being my favorites. Love springtime!
Closed Thread