No Seafood?

• I am in the prep stages of starting SB. Problem is I don't eat seafood. My question is- if I follow the SB book meal plans for phase 1 according to the book, can I just use the dinner or lunch menus interchangeably or are they set up to match with the whole day of given meals? Some of the meals seem like a lot of prep and I would love to figure out a way to complete phase one successfully with quick and easy meals. It's just me and I have no issue eating the same thing day after day. Kind of feeling overwhelmed with starting! Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you! Kristy
  • You can mix and match all you like- the book just gives suggestions, not absolute menus you have to follow. I've gone through Phase 1, and now into Phase 2, without eating any meat at all. Find what you like!
  • No meat? That's my ideal plan! I found a post about the basic requirements per day but not sure how to meet the protein requirements without meats, seafood, beans or too much cheese.
  • You can have beans on phase 1.
    I believe (correct me if I am wrong) in the original book, beans were not allowed on phase 1. However in the revised SBD book beans were added into the allowable phase 1 menu as well as milk/dairy

See this page for update phase 1 foods

Also, if you eat eggs, they are a good source of protien.

I know alot of the vegitarians that have been on this board use the soy based meat substitutes (ie: Boca Burgers)... just have to read the labels to make sure the ingredients are all SBD friendly.
  • I don't eat fish and I'm allergic to shrimp. I've had no issues staying on plan, but I *do* eat a lot of chicken, LOL