South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Hump Day - March 27

Good morning.

Linda is still zzzing but may be up soon since Disney just gave a loud woof just for fun! Our trip to Tamworth was a bust - they were closed on Tuesday. Duh! We should have checked. We did have a lovely drive and Linda saw some parts of this country off the beaten path. She also got a chance to meet my friend Barb who went with us.

We were too tired of driving to go out to dinner so had a great frozen pizza - mushroom - and she made that yummy massaged Kale salad. And, of course, we drank wine and talked a lot!

Today we'll have lunch at home (always open) and then Linda is going to come with me to do pet therapy at the Clinic. Tonight we are going to dinner in Smiths Falls at a new discovery - a sports bar that served Indian Food! It will be a sad evening as Linda goes back to PA tomorrow morning.

We sure had fun though. Sure wish we could all get together and share it.

Over the Hump we go!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Huh. A sports bar that serves Indian food...that is certainly different! I'm interested to hear how it is. I doubt yesterday was a bust, you had great company!

I'm getting very excited....DH asked me Saturday, "isn't it time you get another dog"??! REALLY!?!? So, now I'm applying with two different rescues to see if they can make me a match . I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!! I must admit, it's making me rehash Reesie pup's passing, which is making me even more emotional. I will let you know what happens!

Other than that - work and I'm realizing how much I have to do. I have Easter on Sunday - with guests coming over, and need to find the easter bunny's stock - and DS's tenth bday on monday. We have no idea what to get him.

Speaking of DS, he apparently blacked out in class at the end of his book report . Poor guy! We had him checked out - everything seems okay - just a bit of embarassment. And a bit of anxiety for his parents!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's better than hump day here. I work today and half a day tomorrow then of to NY to see the family for a couple of days. It will be a lot of driving but we are actually staying someplace with no WiFi so my only connection to the outside world will be my smart phone. That never happens!

Ruth - hope you and Linda enjoy another marvelous day together. I love restaurant finds.

Twynn - DD passed out a couple of times when she was young. No one ever figured out why and it hasn't happened again but it was scary.

Looks like another nice early spring day here. I'm enjoying getting out for walks again and the birds are starting to get interesting (more interesting )
Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, DARNED it! That silly tooth fairy is soooo lazy, she forgot to visit my daughter last night. Do you believe it?! I should fire her lazy (blank)....
Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Neither DH nor I slept well last night which doesn't bode well for our 12 (or so) hour drive today. Normally he does most of it but I suspect we'll both need naps. We are planning to head out between 8:30 and 9:00 which means we have plenty of time to do whatever needs to be done yet I still feel so rushed! I've been checking the weather along our route and it looks like we'll probably at least hit flurries and rain at some point.

DH is pulling the birthday card today and wants to stop at a place we always pass that has a billboard for "mile high pies." Sigh. And, much like Twynn's tooth fairy, I forgot to actually say anything to him this morning! Good thing I already gave him a gift and at least have a card.

The scale was most unkind to me this morning but I have to take responsibility. So I'll unfortunately be heading into my road trip at my highest weight of 2013. I am sure when I get back I will be revisiting my old friend, PH1.

Take care, all.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning quite the chatty group today. Ruth the pub sounds interesting. I agree with TwynnB, no day is ever a bust when you have good company. Easter and my sisters birthday have snuck up on me. it seems I just lose track of time lately. Karen and CyndiM enjoy your trips.

As for me working overtime tonight (this should be interesting) I don't think I have worked an overnight shift on patrol since August of 2010. I think I will need a nap today and tomorrow. Today will be an easy uneventful day. Tomorrow I will sleep until probably noon before getting motivated. Having dinner with Joe. Friday DS is bringing his GF over for dinner. I don't mind meeting her, but he hardly spends any time with me I don't like sharing him Saturday I really hope to get a 50 plus mile in outdoors and do my prepping for my work week. I will be working Easter so I may make breakfast for the tour.

What I really would like to do is get my flower beds ready for spring Hope everyone has a great day
Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning! I missed you guys!

I couldn't find a dietitian in my area that I was happy working with (one guy won't take vegetarians because he wants everyone to eat meat 5 times a day, no exceptions) so I did some research on my own. I liked the success I had on SB before, and it's quite easy to slip back into! I have found for me, though, even in phase 1.5 or 2 or even 3, that I cannot add bread. I am an uncontrollable bread fiend. This is day 4 of SB for me, and I feel a difference. I'm not hunting for carbs.

So I guess you could say I'm on phase 2 with fruit only. Anyway, after that whole long post, I'm back! *pulls out book and sunglasses and gets comfortable on the Beach*
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome back Penmage. We saved you a beach chair! Wow that dietician must own stock in beef cattle lol.

I thought I would be devastated not having bread or pasta. Now at this stage I don't even think about it. I do enjoy a slice of real pizza or a half a panini from Panera occasionally. I still prefer dessert over the bread basket any day lol. I am counting the days until summer fruits are in season.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

welcome back penmage!

I too had a horrid "night" of sleep and didn't fall into my bed until almost 7a. I slept until noon so it threw my whole morning off (though from 5:30-6:30 I managed to clean the apartment well!). Off to eat a light lunch - dinner is late anyway since DW works late tonight!

Happy hump day all.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi

We had a horrendous drive this morning....a spring snow (in my mom's RAV). The good news is that we made it and I won't be thinking about any other vehicle other than 4WD with all the back and forth we do. We made it up one hill that many others didn't....but barely. Now the weather is nice over West and there are hundreds of kiddo's at the pool for spring break. 60 degrees out and bikinis everywhere...some great tattoo viewing, too.

Well, I hope Karen went East although the roads are better now.

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Just checking in from work, but thought I'd take the time to actually do some personals since it's been a while.

Ruth - I think someone else already covered it, but sounds like your trip wasn't a bust, even if it wasn't what you had planned exactly. Enjoy your last night together!!!

Twynn - Oh no...I haven't been checking in regularly lately and didn't realize your puppy passed. So sorry to hear that. Good luck finding a new match for you!!! Glad to hear everything was okay w/ your son. I have a tendency to pass out if I laugh too hard...the last time it happened I was in the parking lot at work and hit my head on the concrete. Luckily I didn't hurt anything, as my head is hard as a rock, LOL

Cyndi - Enjoy your break from technology (or some of it, at least, LOL)!!!

WaistingTime - Drive safely!!! And UGH on the mile high pies...that sounds absolutely amazing for the tastebuds, not so much for the scale!!! Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!

jekel - I have to admit that I do a lot of the OT to myself b/c of my involvement w/ SWAT. The last few have been for my regular on-call duties, though. We've got a lot of people out w/ surgeries and stuff, so it's eating up the OT pretty easily. Hope you didn't jinx yourself by saying it would be uneventful!!! LOL Last time one of my people said "Hey guys, guess what? I'm bored bored bored bored BORED!" in the room we had the weekend from **** that we topped off w/ an officer involved shooting.

Speaking of, the DA is set to release his ruling on that shooting tomorrow. I don't expect us to have any issues, but I'm sure our guys will be on their toes tomorrow.

penmage - Welcome back!!! Wow, that dietitian sounds like a whackjob!!! Seriously, who wants to eat meat 5 times a day??? I am in the same boat as you when it comes to bread/grains. They have been my downfall and have sent me back to Phase I more than once. I try to do them very sparingly (a couple of times a week) b/c if I do more, then I'll end up having a grain w/ every single meal every single day.

Lexxiss - Tattoo viewing??? DO TELL!!! Wait, no, don't...I may drool into my keyboard and electrocute myself. Seriously, ladies, this may be TMI but if there was anything you could call a "fetish" for me, it's a man w/ a lot of nice tattoos. Anybody know who Robert Lasardo is??? Oh boy oh boy oh boy...whew.

*ahem* Anywho, I've had this window open forever and keep coming back to it to post. Hope you ladies are having a good week so far.
Closed Thread