On Plan Thread 3/18 - 3/24

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is a great thread to get ideas, opinions, and accountability. We'll keep non-related chatter to the daily thread!
  • phase 1.5 - no grains

B: leek and mushroom breakfast cass (I can't wait to try it!)
    S: hummus and veggies
    L: chicken lentil soup
    S: cheese stick
    D: pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes, green beans, cabbage or cole slaw
  • Twynn, I love your menu!

B: Eggs over easy with mushrooms
    (I usually don't have a morning snack because I get up so late)
    L: Chicken salad on romaine
    Sn: cheese stick
    D: sirloin steak, mixed vegetables marked "for asparagus stir fry" from Whole Foods
    S: sf jello
  • P2

B: one slice wholegrain spelt bread w/ham&oulde gouda, coffee
    (brekky on the go-wasn't best idea!)
    S: apple w/ rf cheese
    L: rapunzel salad w/chicken strips & walnuts
    (was still so ravenous after this I ate: 1 chicken, spinach & goat cheese ropa)
    S:lf lactose free milk latté
    D:cannelinni bean & chorizo stew
    D: 1 piece 85% dark chocolate

exercise: PT & stretching-core strengthening (while i watch Australia's Biggest Loser- what a treat!)

note to self- bad breakfast choice (no dairy, no veggies, no eggs!)lead to cravings later on in the day!
    note to self addendum- more veggies&dairy puh-leeze!maybe reassess to P1.5 and monitor grains & fruit more closely?
  • Sorry I disappeared for a bit! I'm not sure I'll be able to do this every day....can't always plan ahead!
    No breakfast -- woke up too late!
    L: Coffee with lots of non-fat milk; 1 egg & 2 egg whites, LC, whole wheat English muffin
    S: cottage cheese and walnuts (and/or blueberries or kiwi)
    D: lentil soup and broccoli and some cheese, I think.
  • Twynn love the new avatar

EliseVi good to see you, I have been wondering where you've been

Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)
    Its monday, so as per usual, no real breakfast because I sleep in!

Greek Yogurt & Grapes

"Pizza in a bowl"
    Glass of Skim Milk

Hotdog salad
    Glass of skim milk

Peanuts (1oz)

Celery w/ ranch
  • Hi everybody. I'm so late, its Tuesday! Trying to get acquainted with the site.
  • EliseVi

P 1.5
    B:zucchini frittata, cherry tomatoes & coffee
    S: strawberries and greek yogurt
    L: rapunzel salad w/chicken strips, half wg tortilla w/spinach, tomatoes, chicken, rf feta cheese
    S: apple w/rf cheese
    D:steamed broccoli & Kalyn's West African peanut stew w/ sweet potato
    De: tiny tangerine and greek yogurt, 1/2 wg Knäckebrot
  • Hi RiverGirl and Jandaman! I've been thinking about you guys, too. :-) I finally caught on that I will update my daily plan AFTER the day is done! ;-)
  • Phase 1

Eggs over easy with mushrooms and green onions
    Sliced chicken over spring mix salad
    Hummus and celery sticks
    Steak and vegetables of some kind
  • B: oatmeal with cinammon, COFFEE with skim
    S: Laughing Cow Lite on whole wheat English muffin (starving and no other option)
    L: 3 small turkey meatballs; 1/2 cup raw spinach, cup kale salad with 1/8 cup shredded apple, 1/3 cup sauteed Brussels sprouts, WATER
    D: 2 glasses white wine (out on first date, what can you do?) and 2 poached eggs over bed of spinach.

So, I'm kind of doing SB and kind of doing an "eat what is the healthy option so I'm sated and not prone to binge" food plan. Hope I can stay on this thread with you all! :-)
  • EliseVi What ever plan works for you, is a good plan... hope you had a fun date night

Lisi Welcome to the weekly 'on plan' thread, feel free to post your daily menus here.

Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Greek Yogurt w/ vanilla
    Celery w/ PB

Glass of Skim Milk
    Cherry Tomatoes

Turkey Kielbasa
    Cheese String
    Garden Salad w/ Vinegarette
    Grapes

Pudding

Chicken w/ 'gravy'
    Green Beans
    Coleslaw
    Glass of Skim Milk

Cucumber Slices
    Cheese String
    (if & when I am munchie later)
  • ooooooo first date EliseVi

P1.5
    B: Eier im Glas (just two soft-boiled eggs chopped fine w/herbs served in a glass), 1 1/2 pieces wg crispbread w/ham & lf cheese, cherry tomatoes, coffee
    S: apple w/ rf cheese
    L: leftover dinner
    S: probably tangerine/greek yogurt/flaxseed
    D: steamed green beans w/olive oil, sea salt & herbs

exercise: stretching/PT, arms & abs/core
  • Lindsay, thanks for being cool about my trying something other than SB for a while. :-)

Eier im Glas, Jandaman, you keep making me miss Germany with the little things you mention! It's so cute!

The first date? Not great, but hey, I was getting out there again after a HIDEOUS break-up which made me believe "I'm never going to find love." Well, I sure didn't last night, but at least I'm trying. :-)

B: quinoa porridge with a little agave nectar and 5 slices banana; juiced spinach, celery, cucumber, ginger, 1/2 lemon.
    L: egg salad (0% fat Greek yogurt instead of mayo) on whole wheat toast with lots of lettuce
    S: Coffee with lots of non-fat milk and a Laughing Cow Lite
    D: Chili made of kidney beans, shredded soy protein, some carrots and tomatoes, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/3 avocado.
    It's late and I'm tired and stressed about some work I need to finish, so I'm going to make myself a decaf orange tea. Smells good and hot water should be filling!
  • EliseVi Im totally in the same boat here, bad breakup & now have to try and get out there again.... Its not so easy.

Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Greek Yogurt w/ vanilla
    Celery w/ PB

Glass of Skim Milk
    Cheese string

Turkey Kielbasa
    Tomato Slices w/ italian vinegarette
    Tangerine

Caeser Salad w/ Romaine, red onion, chopped hard boiled eggs & Renee's Garlic Lovers Dressing
    Glass of Skim Milk
    Pudding

Cucumbers w/ lf herb & garlic cream cheese (when munchie later... some days I just know I will be)