South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 202.6/196.4/135

Height: 5´7

Dairy not diary duh - too early in the day
Xena2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

so today was good! much better than yesterday. Yogurt for breakfast, egg salad for lunch, walnuts for snack, chicken vegetable soup for dinner. 30DS and 45 minutes of walking. Yay on plan!

I'm kind of freaking about going to P1.5, but I realized that I just want to stay on this adding an apple or something and maybe oatmeal everyday. And the occasional treat - caramels are my fav right now. So that seems very doable.

I kind of think that he added dairy (or diary!) later, too.
Just Dance Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #108  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Morning peeps! Yesterday we didn't feel like going to the gym so I jogged around my neighborhood. I did a 4 minutes jogging, one minute walking thing for 25 minutes and I loved it! My husband is a problem because he is always telling me it's too high impact, but I finally told him it IS NOT for me, I'm not heavy and I don't have a bad ankle like he does! I swear, he can't stand when I do anything by myself! It took a few years in the beginning for me to just ignore his protests about my wanting to go to school and just do it, and now look at me with an associate's degree and on my way to my BS in accounting! Anyway, it was fun, and I know that it's better for losing weight than a cardio machine. I'm now going to start doing it more

had a tiny bit of leftover green curry chicken for breakfast and a flax muffin (egg sub, ground flax, vanilla, splenda) so I'm a little hungry, but I'm going to lunch with coworkers today to a Thai place on Ventura blvd. I've decided I'll probably order the Larb salad. It's mostly ground chicken and lettuce, and is usually spicy. This still falls in line with SBD. I'm still dealing with a little pound of water weight, but it should be gone soon...

I remember being able to have lots of cheese and cottage cheese before...so I'm not sure about him changing anything...too bad my daughter still has my book! She isn't using it
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #109  
California licensed CPA!

so for lunch I got the chicken larb salad which is just ground chicken with spices and mint leaves, and a little romain lettuce. It's really mostly ground chicken! And the dressing is mostly lime juice and cilantro...BUT (there's always one, isn't there?) an hour after eating I'm feeling after effects of what must have been MSG That usually means a 2 pound water gain. It pisses me off! Otherwise I am OP as always...gonna drink mean amounts of water the rest of the day!

here's to really hoping I don't have to report more water gain tomorrow!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #110  

I just found my favorite SBD breakfast. I don´t snack, so I eat 3 bigger meals.

Greek Yogurt with 1 TB PB mixed together
1 String Cheese
Handful Almonds

Keeps me full for like 5 hours.

Then I usually have chicken or fish with veggies or salad and a sf yello, for dinner a omelette with veggies.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #111  
California licensed CPA!

Posted in another forum and too lazy to rewrite...

so yesterday went better than I thought it was going to go, because when I got home the hubby decided he would like to try jogging with me instead of going to the stuffy gym and using the cardio machines!

He did ok, actually...even though he jogged much slower because he's not only got a broken ankle, but he's very heavy. BUT it's muscle heavy, except for maybe 15 pounds that he needs to lose around his gut. He's 6 feet tall but weighs 250, and he should really be around 235 with his muscle mass taken in to consideration. Big, strong, beefy man But he enjoyed himself enough to commit to doing that with me twice a week! The rest of the time we'll still go to the gym to lift weights and for my step class.

Breakfast: egg substitute w/light swiss and 2 slices turkey bacon

snack: mini babybel light, greek yogurt w/almonds (also splenda and pumpkin pie spice)

lunch: tuna w/light mayo with celery sticks instead of bread.

Turbo sculpt step class tonight! Dinner is a mystery...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #112  

Dd is going back to school tonight, so I'll be back inP1 after a brief visit to P1.5. Today was yogurt, kefir, and walnuts; an apple; and chicken curry.

Jillian has been kind to me. I'm on D7 of the shred and I'm losing inches! And gaining stamina: what used to kill me is now merely hard.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #113  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Rejoined this site and went to zumba yesterday.
Joining this thread and SBD today + more zumba.
Thanks for this thread =)
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #114  

I was a little off plan yesterday, not in a cheat meal way but I had 3 portions of almonds instead of the recommended one and too much cheese. I did not eat dinner though cuz I felt so bad (I know this is the thing I should not do actually).

That is also the moment where I just want to repeat Phase 1, but it is BS. I just go into Phase 2 and see what happens.

JustDanceGirl - Wow! So happy for you. JM is great. I really need to get motivated to start it again too...I am so lazy right now it is unbelievable. I use the excuse that I am in P1 and have no energy without carbs.

Sunster2 - welcome!!! I hope you share your P1 experience with us.

Last edited by Xena2013; 04-07-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

I'm in! I've regained all the weight I lost two years ago (plus 5 more pounds...ugh) and with just two months till my brother's wedding (and with spring and spring clothing time), I have no choice but to get serious and follow through this time! Since my initial weight loss two years ago, I haven't stuck to anything for more than a week, then I get discouraged and beat myself up, have less confidence, and get even further off track...a vicious cycle.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #116  

Thanks, xena, I can't believe I'm actually doing it!

Welcome Nicole!

Today was pastrami, soup, more soup and some dark chocolate

Tomorrow are eggs! And tuna salad! Great things!

Have a great day!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #117  

Hey guys - i have lost two more kg so far. 5 days left until Phase 2.

Can't wait to have Oatmeal again. This morning I was thinking about moving to Phase 2 earlier but what the ****. No excuses anymore now...
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleInCt View Post
I'm in! I've regained all the weight I lost two years ago (plus 5 more pounds...ugh) and with just two months till my brother's wedding (and with spring and spring clothing time), I have no choice but to get serious and follow through this time! Since my initial weight loss two years ago, I haven't stuck to anything for more than a week, then I get discouraged and beat myself up, have less confidence, and get even further off track...a vicious cycle.
Welcome we are definitly in the same boat...after keeping my weight off for two years i regained all of it and then some...

Let's get back on track!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 4'10"

Hello,
This is my first post and I have been lurking and enjoying all the info I have received here. I started SB a week ago and have lost 4 lbs. That is really good for me as I am older and lost weight very slowly. I have tried WW and just couldn't stick to it. Sweets are my weakness and because they encouraged you to eat everything, I just went overboard. I don't like to write everything down so it was a real pain. I'm hoping to stick to this and look forward to phase II when I can have a few grains and fruit.
DonnaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome and I've got to say that while my first day restarting is usually easy, I've been sooooo hungry all day today. Usually that happens on my second or third day back on. I'm thinking it's because of TOM. Anyone else ravenous in the beginning?
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote