South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Time for Thursday 3/14 Beach Chat

Ok so yesterday I slept in today I was awake at 4:30, granted I stayed in bed until 6:15. So here I am if anyone cares o join me for some java and a smoothie.

My hormones this month are really getting to me. This morning suddenly became super heated and nauseous. The nausea was new, reminded me of when I was pregnant. Hopefully I am not getting sick. I feel better now that it has passed. Ah the joys of womanhood.

Beautiful sunrise here. Hopefully we will have more nice weather today. Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jennifer! You make me so excited for menopause, I can barely wait! I keep thinking if it's this hard to keep weight of now, I can just imagine it in 10 years.

Yesterday went well, and NO chocolate covered peanuts!! I ate lunch so late due to work (3 pm) I did do my exercise while my family ate supper...yay me!

Today is a long day at work, and I need to make more soup for lunches. Although I do have lots of leftovers....hmmm....
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'd love to join you in a coffee and a smoothie, Jennifer. Sorry about the woman problems. It does actually end eventually so hang in - not that you have a choice.

It’s frassing freezing out there at only 15º! Another four days of this and then Spring is supposed to sneak back. The good news is that the mud in the lane is frozen solid and it’ll be easier to put out the trash in a few minutes.

Off to the podiatrist this morning and then banking to do. I’m hoping to get my house in order so I can enjoy the weekend. Saturday is National Quilt Day and I plan to work on one of my projects - for ME! It’s a kit I’ve had for a while and I’m hoping to get it well started that day ... Not that I need another project! The kit

Time for a soak in the tub - I think. My calendar says my appointment is for nine. Seems early but I may have allowed time to get there. I'll be there at nine anyhow with my e-reader in case I'm wrong.

Have a somewhat thrilling Thursday. My thrill of the day is frozen mud - hope yours is better.

Edited to add: Hi Tammy. I made soup the other day thinking it'd be for a few days but almost boiled the pot dry so ended up with two servings of "stoup". Yummy anyhow.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #4  

TwynnB my dr was so kind to inform me perimenopause can last up to 7 years before menopause occurs!! Great!!! My mom was 47, grandma 40 my poor Aunt Gail was almost 60 when it stopped (she never had kids though), my other aunt never got TOM. So I am hoping maybe I'll fall in between 40 & 47, 43.5 sounds good to me since I will be 42 in 6 months. I also find I get really snippy during the month and everything gets on my nerves. On those days criminals better hope I am off as there will be no discretion haha.

I am starting to transition from soups to salads for lunch these days. I notice my food choices seem to change with the seasons. Kudos for skipping the peanuts and getting a work out in. That's next on my agenda. I just got a new DVD set of cycling videos from Alaska. Hey Debbie are you one of the riders???
Old 03-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee and start-up, Jennifer. I hope you're feeling a bit better. I'm so glad those days are far behind me, I never knew if I was coming or going, lol. It does get better, though.

Tammy, kudos to you for staying away from those chocolate covered nuts! My GD, Amber, and I got into a bag of mini Kit-Kats last night, but at least I was able to stop at 2, and they were small. I hope your long day at work at least is an enjoyable one.

Ruth, I love that quilt kit design and it should be fun working on it. We have frozen mud here this morning, too, as it's decided to go back to winter after several days of mild weather.

It's been a very long and trying week and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, but at least then it will all be behind me and life will go back to being somewhat normal again.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #6  

Hi Ruth, thanks Love the quilt kit. I am going to email my mom the link for it. She was very excited when I went to Paducha KY last year. I had no idea it was the quilting Capitol lol. I actually found a deer Christmas stocking for Joe on eBay. The woman hand makes them in Paducha. I have made placemats and table runners. My mom's quits are beautiful. I am especially partial to the wall hangings she made me. I think it's time to put up my spring one. What did the nurse say about your finger?

Linda I cannot imagine how difficult this has been for you. We are all keeping you and your family in our thoughts. We may be scattered throughout the globe, but we are with you in spirit Please lean on us for whatever you need. Hugs

Last edited by jekel383; 03-14-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank you so much for that, Jennifer.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Working out with my mom and trainer today instead of tomorrow. I'll be even more confused than usual about what day it is! I work this afternoon. DH will be heading to watch the basketball tournament tonight so I'll have the place to myself. He and I were invited by friends last night as well; we won't talk about what food was provided in the company suite.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Coffee is slow this morning because I brought the Chemex instead of the big fancy coffee maker. I'm inside watching water boil while the boys enjoyed the sunrise. That's okay it gives me time to check in and say hello. We offered to help our friend with his bathroom remodel but I think he'd rather go cruised through antique stores. That's okay with me, too.

Hugs go out to Linda today...
Old 03-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Jennifer- I am in the same boat as you, my hormones are out of whack. I went for my yearly exam yesterday- the doctor is going to have me stay on the green pills and not transition to pink pills to try and regulate my hormones- we shall see if that helps- my tom has been extending it's stay by 4 to5 days for almost 3 months now. Sorry if that is too much TMI for everyone

Ruth- enjoy your day and if you are early you can get your read on

Twynn- yeah for you doing so well yesterday

Cottage- thinking of you

Karen hope you have a good day.

I am procrastinating and need to get on those performance reviews so I have shut myself in my office to get it done Nothing on the agenda tonight.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Much love to you Linda. My thoughts are with you all through the next few days and beyond.

Jennifer & Twynn - I am the hot flash queen these days. It's not the most fun I've ever had. I have a lot and they are intense. I'm hoping they moderate before the summer heat hits. Too bad all that shivering and sweating doesn't burn more calories!

It's been a crazy busy week around here. Lots of legislative stress, not unexpected. I'm looking forward to the weekend and hope I don't have to work much. Next week is a two day week for me, then some time off for appointments and a couple of days at the ocean. Cold or not it will be nice to be at the beach!
Closed Thread