March and 120 Miles

• Not sure if anyone else plans on an excercise goal for the month of March, but I plan on going 120 miles for the month of March. Can count it either with walking, running, biking, whatever is best for you! I personally will be doing mostly biking due to feet issues! Anyone else in?
  • I won't be back until March 9th or 10th, but if anyone is intersted I will be starting March 1st!!!
  • I'll join you! I have a big ride in May.
  • you ride bikes? I'm looking for a new bike. so many different choices i don't know what to get!!!
  • Yes been riding for two years. I started with a hybrid, more upright, then upgraded to a road bike. Most bike shops will let you test ride them. Some even let you take it home for a week. Getting measured makes all the difference. If you are looking to ride casually then any bike would probably suit your needs. If you are looking for serious mileage, I would recommend going to a bike shop. You can always find what you like then check the Internet to see if you can get a better deal. I like shopping local. This way is you need a quick adjustment or help with a repair you have a working relationship with the store.
  • I have a hybrid and love it. Of course I live in a state with more dirt roads than paved and I like rail trail riding so it's that or two bikes We are working up to a long ride this summer. Friends are trying to talk us into the Prouty, the 50 not the 25 Hmm, we will see
  • CyndiM I looked up the Prouty the last time you mentioned it. You absolutely can do it!! Besides they have rest areas along the route which helps. Just make sure you have padded cycling shorts for women. The generic cycling shorts aren't padded in the right places for us chicks