South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thoughtful Thursday on the Beach

Good morning! Winter has returned with our normal temperatures and snow happening for the next four days! I'm not sure if the false spring was a good thing or a bad thing because it got me thinking about my garden. I'm also thinking about doing the flowers for a wedding July 6th and various other deadlines. I need to take my brain out and put it in the glass jar on the dresser!

Off to the eye guy in town this morning to get my annual test done. I suspect he will change my prescription but I'm not worried because I somehow have a credit on my Mastercard - paid it twice from two different accounts. Duh!

Time for cereal and yogurt with my new fruit passion - papaya! I need to do some cooking later this afternoon as my freezer stash is shrinking. Meatloaf or chili?

Happy Thursday!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My house is my castle today, Ruth, as we're literally surrounded by water from all the rain overnight! I'm surprised there aren't any school delays. I love papaya, too, and usually have a bag of chunks in my freezer for my morning oatmeal.

Today's my Friday, and I have a meeting with Mom's hospice before I head over to the farm. Hmmmm, maybe I'll stop and pick up some bagels to take over.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-31-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, I vote for chili, only because I had meatballs earlier this week . I wish I had a credit on my card!

Cottage, I hope your mom is comfortable and that you're getting some time with her. BTW, isn't bagel a naughty word in this forum?!

I feel sooo much better this AM. I thought I did yesterday, but my body laughed at me trying to do stuff. I honestly wonder if I had the flu, which means the kids did too, and they just didn't get it as bad. Huh, we're all over it, and now I don't have an excuse not to clean . I *do* have to make it up to DH, esp. since it started on his birthday. BTW Jekel, DH sure does enjoy his new bike .

Today is a long day of work, and I may have a meeting afterwards to attend (which makes it even longggger). But tomorrow is Friday!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I never made it in yesterday. It was one of those days that just seemed to disappear and I'm not sure what I did
It was very warm all night but our cold will be back by nightfall. Have to watch the roads today. We wee supposed to go cross country skiing tomorrow. I'm so glad I canceled those plans. It definitely won't be the right weather/conditions. I think Saturday there will be bird chasing, that pesky falcon has shown up again.

Ruth - I got my second seed catalog in the mail yesterday and I'm all about gardens now. Have you ever seen the facebook page Grow Food, Not Lawns? So many projects we want to try and really creative ideas. I'll be putting all new gardens in this year so it's not too soon to plan

Cottage - Yum, papaya. I've been on a mango kick. Hope your day breezes by and your weekend arrives soon.

So much to do before our Lobby Day on the 14th, and never enough time to do it! I've got a staff meeting tomorrow and might go up to the statehouse for a day next week. I need to sit down with lists and priorities and figure it all out.

Can't remember if I mentioned that I used my treadmill desk the other day, for 3.5 hours. It was great! I've got two phone meetings this afternoon and might try if for those too. All the sitting is not good for me, time to find moments to move more!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth, Cottage, Twynn, CyndiM, and all other Beachers

My second day off, need to do all the things I put off yesterday.

It looks like the month of March here right now, with dwindling piles of snow, rain-carved, blackened, soggy paths, and icy driveway. I'm sure more snow will cover the ugliness soon, lol. The way some of you get excited about gardens, is the anticipation I have for when my motorcycle comes out for the year but we did do a few veggies for the first time last year, and they were great.

Hope everyone has a great, on-program day!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Can't remember if I mentioned that I used my treadmill desk the other day, for 3.5 hours. It was great!
wow! that is great! My husband spend a great deal of $ for a treadmill and set up a workstation at his work, but he does not use it
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning from soggy NY. Morning like this make me want to do nothing. But since I am at Jose's I'll be nice and get a couple of things done before lunch.

He made stuffed peppers last night with spaghetti squash, ground venison and pepper jack cheese. Absolutely delicious! We were going to see a movie, but I just wanted to stay in. The weather was miserable, so it was an easy choice.

I'll check in later as I am getting ready to make spaghetti squash pizza for lunch

Have a great day
Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I am sure I just saw papaya on Dr. Oz for some reason as a great food to eat.

Linda - That reminds me that I was eating bagels in my dreams last night! They are a major red-light food for me. LOVE them.

Twynn - Glad to hear you are felling better.

Cyndi - Treadmill desk - cool!

Holly - Hope you have a productive day.

Jennifer - Yummy.

I think I'll try yoga today for the first time since I got this latest cold. All those upside down poses + post nasal drip... well... you know what I mean. Then groceries. That's as far as I've thought. I've started getting more serious about researching airfare for our trip to Alaska this summer. It is so tricky to know how far ahead to book things and the prices seem to bounce around so much.

Have a great one.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another fly by for me, it is BRRRRR cold this morning again, hard to go from 60 to 28 and it goes down to 8 tonight.

Yesterday luncheon was not good nothing was onplan, I ate a bite of a couple of things as I was hungry and passed up the desserts and made sure the rest of the day was op, so back on track today hopefully it will not derail my good work.

Stay warm and have a great day!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

This week is flying by. Work has been busy, and this crazy weather has been wreaking havoc on my sinuses. Another long work day, then a community meeting this evening. By the way, I deactivated my fb acct, so if any chick wants to contact me, they can do it here.

Ruth, I vote meatloaf. I've been craving it and already put it on my shopping list for next week.
cottage, my moat is in the basement this morning. I knew what I was in for when all that hard rain woke me up last night.
Cyndi, my boss is a big treadmill-desk advocate. She has one at home. I think it's a great idea, but I don't think I'm coordinated enough to type and walk at the same time.
Jenn and Tammy, glad you are feeling better.

Have a good one, chickies.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-31-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A slow starting morning here. My mom came into work yesterday with 2 tickets to the NBA basketball game last night. Of course, I was the designated driver, since she doesn't go out at night. I made an alternate "food plan" and stuck with it....splitting a veggie burger (and fries) with a large salad pre-game and only purchasing a $4 bottle of water at the game. In the land of sports bars and junk food I will call that a success.

I need to catch up on some things at home and unfortunately the weather doesn't provide much motivation for anything else.

Have a great day everyone! Has it stopped raining back East? Maybe I'll turn on the weather channel.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning

Going to have some coffee and breakfast. I feel very accomplished for yesterday I got a ton done and applied to quite a few jobs so And I awoke this morning to cat vomit all over the newly recushioned couch. Oye vey. DW comes back at midnight tomorrow so I am braving it for another day or so. I think I will brave the cold and go food shopping

Have a good day y'all!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Holy cow!! Sugar is evil! I love my coffee but I love it with those flavored liquid creamers...don't preach I know. Well I bought the sugar free syrups made with splenda but they are not doing it for me. I am not sure what I am doing wrong...any suggestions?

Yesterday I was so give out and really wanted to taste some good coffee. I guess it wouldn't be good coffee as much as sweet coffee. Well I put in my skim milk and 1tsp of sugar. I had cravings all day!!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OP just busy and exhausted by the time I get home at night! Have a great day!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 93.2kg - 91.5kg - 65kg

Height: 163cm

Hi everyone
Cottage - sorry to hear about your mother. I lost mine 10 years ago and I can imagine what you are going through.

I went on my first run today in months... felt very unfit and sluggish but proud of having actually done it. But have found myself very hungry all day eventhough I had some left over chilli for lunch (wasn't enough really). I find that happens sometimes when I work out - not sure yet how I can make myself feel fuller without eating too much. Maybe I'll try a soup, that usually helps.

It was a lovely sunny day today and felt like spring, but alas it's going to get cold again on the weekend, maybe even some snow. Anyone else really tired of winter yet?

Wishing everyone a good day!
Closed Thread