South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Thankful Tuesday Beach Chat 1/29

Good morning chicks!

Welcome Ruth Nay. I apologize for any spelling errors as I am using my phone. You absolutely can do this! Most of us have been through the gamut of weightless programs, I know I have. That being said, I find SB is a really good fit for my life. Not to mention the support found here as been so valuable in my success.

Thanks again for everyone sharing their motivators. Holly I thought I was the only one who stood on counter tops lol.

So today's question....what are you thankful for when it comes to SB? For me, this forum and the special chicks who keep me going. Also knowing I am not a lone in my journey. Hopefully paying it forward to others who struggle at times too. Amazing recipes, Kalyn's Kitchen (thanks CyndiM) My really cool bike that makes me feel like a kid again. I am sure my list could go on for my train ride, but I'll stop here.

Oh btw tomorrow I am off and plan on sleeping in until at least 6 lol. Enjoy the day. East Coast chicks looks like we are going to have a heat wave lol Maybe I'll go to the beach......ha ha
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No heat wave here but we ARE going up to the mid-fifties tomorrow. Crazy lad, this Janus! Then we head back into more snow after a six inch dump yesterday. Richard is just finishing ploughing out my lane and is coming in for coffee. When he leaves, I'll go out and clear the deck and porches.

, Ruh Nay. You'll find lots of ideas and motivation here but I suggest you buy or borrow the book if you decide to go with South Beach. There's nothing like success to motivate.

Yesterday was a very carby day and the scale shows it this morning. There is something about a blizzard that turns on my carb cravings. Maybe I think I'm heading for hibernation - bears pork up a lot before zzzing the winter away. A pound up on the scale is heading in the wrong direction. Pea soup, toast and potatoes pushed it that way but today will definitely be better.

Took a cruise through the house yesterday and discovered little bits of Christmas still around. Today they will get stashed away. I also have some Mill accounting to deal with but plan to spend "me" time on quilting. I have two sets of appliqued quilt blocks ready to be stitched together - finally! I might even finish the Barnyard quilt that Linda helped me pin over a year ago!

Natalie, my Mill Manager, is off on a Puerto Rico vacation starting today so I will be handling her tasks. We have almost finished the kitchen remodelling in the Old Town Hall and I need to shop for a new stove and fridge. Sure hope the weather doesn't screw my plans!

Time to make more coffee for Richard as he's now finished. He is getting Paul Newman and actually looks a bit like him. I can dream, can't I?

Happy Tuesday, Beachies, and let's keep thinking about out motivation.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Fly-by this morning, kitty has a sore on her foot and i spent way too much time trying to look at it while not sustaining a life threatening injury.

I was just saying last night how much I love SBD and what a change it has made. If people saw the way we eat they would never believe we lost weight eating this way. Last night we had veggie burgers, Mexican Coleslaw, and broccoli cheese soup with the secret white beans for thickness. It didn't look or taste like diet food. Then we had Elana's Chocolate Almond Joy Bars for dessert, just small pieces because they are very rich and have dark chocolate bits in them. No suffering here thanks to learning how to make better choices. I don't miss the all the salad you can eat diets of my past!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Jennifer, Ruth and CyndiM and all other Beachers; to Ruth Nay

Jennifer do you think anyone is horrified that we stand on our counters, lol; we do clean it well afterwards!

What I like about SB - the food! I love eggs. I could eat chicken every day. I love tomato-y products. Lots of veggies I like. I love nonfat plain yogurt with sugar free lemon jello on top. I love the Ricotta dessert with cinnamon. If you focus on what you CAN have it is so much better than thinking about what you can't (or shouldn't anyway) have.

Just finished shoveling / clearing the driveway and path, we have to have our septic tank pumped and the guy is coming today. No backups yet thank goodness, just suspicious whiiffs of foul air. And I thought it was because of all the beans I was eating (yes I gobble Beano tablets too!) Sure hope the job goes well without any horrible discoveries/problems. Joys of home ownership!

have a great day!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Good morning everyone!!

I am thankful that today is a new day. I am thankful we do not count calories on SB. I feel off the wagon last night. We still do not have heat. I work from home and the wood stove is in my basement. Long story short - Since Sunday I have climbed 38 flights of stairs (thanks fitbit for the info). Years ago I broke my pelvis in several places and between the cold and the stairs I gave into my family ordering pizza. I did get mine with veggies and did eat only half of what I used to but I just feel so bad between this stupid cold and pain. The part should be in to fix the heat by Wednesday and I am very thankful it is suppose to get up in the 50's here today.

I have my day planned and there are no excuses to go off plan. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It IS still morning here! I traveled this morning and had pretty bad roads but arrived incident-free. I've unpacked and am now having a little bit of protein...my smoothie just didn't cut it this morning. The travel with all the altitude ups and downs really messes with the bod! I'm home for the day and have lots of niggles to keep me occupied.

RuthNay, welcome! I hope you found some answers as others posted their motivations yesterday. Following SBD gives me so much energy I think you will find the same, after the P1 detox. Checking in daily is what helps me stay on track.

paydaymom, hey you made some good choices with that pizza. Be gentle with yourself while you aren't with heat.

everyone else! DH stayed over and he's already called me with an issue I need to address.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Again, I only have a couple of minutes in between meetings but wanted to check in.

What I love about SBD and this forum- checking in helps me stay accountable as well as motivated as I read what all the other wonderful chickies have posted. I love the way you feel when you eat op, your body knows it's getting the nutrients it needs and craves not garbage.

Welcome Ruth Nay, I hope you read the book first and you have to mentally get yourself ready because it's not a short term diet its a way of life. Lot's of us have slipped along the way but we just get up and back on the wagon.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

I am thankful for this forum and for slowly learning NOT to use food as a crutch/punishment. Today is a big lesson in that: both my father and grandmother were rushed to hospitals because of their hearts. I have been running around to go see my father and find out what's going on from my grandmother's doctors. I just got home and feel so scared and sad and was about to reach for food for comfort, but instead decided to log in here and focus on what folks are writing about and what they're thankful for....and focus on preserving my own health.

Even though I'm a new member, I'm really thankful for this forum. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

EliseVi, I hope your father and grandmother are doing better. What a great idea to check in here instead of taking care of your discomfort with food. I'm having a tough day here, too, but have my dinner/snack planned and am sitting upstairs checking in and keeping myself busy until dinner time. Take care!
Closed Thread