South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197//135

Height: 5'1"

Default Yogurt Question!!!!

Ok, so my list of alloweble food says its ok to have (exactly written as follows) Plain or sugar-free low-fat or fat free yogurt. This for P1. That being said, I have a couple different kinds of yogurt here, The yogurt I was just going to have has 24g of sugar, and I have one with 22g and one with 12 g. Those kind are all flavored, vanilla, blueberry (which now as I write the blueberry I guess epic fail...duh can't have any fruit.) But Then I do have plain greek yogurt, but i'm nervous to try that because I accidently bought some for my daughter once and i thought it was foul. ANYWAY, is it ok to have or is it too much sugar? The yogurt is the lowfat kind of the vanilla. I know no now to the blueberry, but what about the lowfat vanilla? I had it already measured out and ready to go but when I went to put it in myfitnesspal that's what i'm second guessing now....
db1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

I think in phase 1 they have to be plain but I am not positive b/c I am not a big yogurt eater so I didn't study it too much.

I do eat a lot of greek yogurt but I sub it for sour cream and use it in dressings. I did have some with milk and blackberries the other day as a smoothie and was pleasantly surprised it was good but you can't have the fruits yet. Maybe add some cocoa and splenda...sorry I have not been much help
paydaymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Milk has sugars in it so read the label - if it has any added sugars, then it is a no. Greek yogurt IMHO is tangier than regular plain yogurt. But plain is what you should eat. Nothing with added sugar.

You can use plain greek and add some crystal light to it to flavor it!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
Milk has sugars in it so read the label - if it has any added sugars, then it is a no. Greek yogurt IMHO is tangier than regular plain yogurt. But plain is what you should eat. Nothing with added sugar.

You can use plain greek and add some crystal light to it to flavor it!
That is an awesome idea.... I have some pink lemonade that may go along with the tang!
paydaymom is offline   Reply With Quote