South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chirping on the Beach - Nov. 15

Good morning. This time tomorrow I will be heading for the Beach in Cuba. Whoa! It'll still be dark and I'm not stupid. The suitcase just needs my toothbrush thrown in and then I'll be ready.

It seems so quiet here without the furkids - not that they bark but I'm so used to having then snuggled up under my desk. Disney was a tad reluctant to get out of the car at 4PawsInn yesterday - she usually loves it. I think she was expecting to be home after pet therapy yesterday afternoon and was somewhat taken aback. She's a good dog so did come in with me and join Jazz in the Presidential Suite.

I won't be checking in while I'm away since the resort has dial-up and charges mega bucks for an hour.

Hasta la vista, Chickies, and be really good. (I'll have a Mojito for each of you.) Will see you on the 26th, God willin' and the crick don't rise!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth have a fantastic time while you are gone you will have to fill us in when you get back

My DH is sick and he has kept me up half the night and I have been up since 2:30 a.m. I will be tired later that is for sure

Just a normal day for me and I need to tackle my laundry tonight- we had haircuts schedule last evening but my hairdresser had to reschedule ugh I usually wait til I really need a haircut so am debating on whether to cheat on my hairdresser and go to one of the walk in places, guess it will depend on when mine can fit me back in.

I am still op and starting to feel much better energy wise due to making wise food choices
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Bon Voyage, Ruth, and have a safe and wonderful trip!

Pearlrose, I'm sorry your DH isn't well and hope he's feeling better before too long. When my DH gets sick, there's no sleep for me, either. Good luck with your haircut today, if you decide to try a walk-in.

Mom is going into hospice today. I know it's time and we knew this day would be coming, but it sure doesn't make it easier. But the most important thing is that she isn't in pain and is comfortable.

So what's on everyone's agenda for the day? Let's hope it's a great OP day for all of us!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all chicks! Ruth, thanks for starting us off, and hope you have an awesome trip! I can't wait to hear all your tales, and see all your pictures .

Pearlrose, I think it's almost worse to have DH sick than myself! Hope you don't get too tired today. I only get my haircut every 6-12 months, when I finally take the time to do it.

Cottage - hugs to you and your family, and glad mom is comfortable. I hope you find some special time with her.

For me - same ole, same ole. I baked some blonde brownies for the teachers birthdays today, and am dropping that off as well as a folder of recipes for one of the teachers. She LOVES my black bean salad, and her family would never eat that before...and asked for more recipes. LOL....maybe a whole folder isn't what she expected?!?! Otherwise, work with a clinic meeting (eeewww).
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chickies!

Ruth have a wonderful time. We will try to be good until you get back

Pearlrose I agree with Tammy. I do hope you get some rest tonight and he feels better

Cottage I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. When Meredith dad entered hospice, it was good her and Lara (her sister). they finally were able to just be with their dad and not have to worry about all the medical care he required.

I too do not get my hair cut nearly as often as I should. Ironically I am today. Big splurge letting my girl color my hair too (funny I am brunette, but these "blonde" highlights are everywhere). I am growing out my bangs, well trying too, but my hair lately just looks like a disaster so I know it's time. Otherwise the usual day off stuff. Saturday will be my cooking day for the week. Going to check the boards for some new ideas.

Have a great day
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's so beautiful outside, everything is covered with fluffy snow. We only had about 5 inches but it's the kind that covers and sticks to everything. I decided to work from home because I had so much to do and my one appointment cancelled (they closed for the day). Today it's back out on the road and then two whole days off!

Ruth - Have a couple of mojitos for me. I'd do that for you I can't wait to hear about the trip. I know you will have a great time

Pearl - So far we've managed to avoid the flu. I rarely get sick so hope my luck holds this year.

Cottage - my thoughts are with you and your family. I am so glad you've had the last couple of years to make more memories.

Twynn - I'm like that with recipes, have to share

Last night we brought out the Zumba game again. I bought an extra belt so we both could play and it was so much fun. I'm sure we looked ridiculous but what a great way to get some movement in. It's supposed to be really cold tomorrow so we may spend our day off watching a movie, playing Zumba and eating leftovers. For now I need to make this work day fly by.

ETA - Jennifer. I really need a cut and color too. My hair got long last year when I was too busy to get it cut and I'm keeping it for awhile to see if I can tolerate it. I don't do fussy well

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-17-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Have a great trip!

I have a follow-up with my doctor about my auto-immune disease this morning. Then hope to make it to yoga. I work this afternoon. The floor guys don't come today because DH already had some people scheduled to put more insulation into the attic and they'd be in the way of each other. I'm trusting DH's time estimate that the workers will be gone in time for me to get showered and dressed for work since I'm not sure I could get past them and their equipment to get to my bedroom.

Catch you later...
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I was in the office catching up here and Bing was chewing on something under my desk. Ends up I had set a chicken carcass by the sink to pitch out for the feral cats...he started on the couch, onto a wobbly tv tray, to the breakfast bar, onto the kitchen counter and hauled it all down. It must have taken several well planned trips. He is very inventive.

We traveled safely yesterday but a older jeep passed us in GlenwoodCanyon and spun out in front of us. It's elevated freeway and they bounced back and forth several times. Fortunately the rest of us were able to stop in time. Reminded us all to take our time, for sure. Many folks got out to make sure they were ok, one guy went ahead to call 911 and we then went ahead and proceeded on. I'm sure the road was closed for quite awhile.

Today is pool...then stocking up on groceries...Kirk is going to stay on here w/bing while I go back to work tomorrow.

Linda, I'm glad that your mom is going to be comfortable.

Ruth, have fun!

Natasha,

Jennifer, sounds fun to try some new recipes!

Karen, best wishes at your Dr appt.

Cyndi, be safe out there!

Pearlrose, I hope your DH isn't too sick for too long and that everybody else doesn't get it.

Ok, off to chore-land!

Twynn, I've (thankfully) tried blonde brownies.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Wow there is a lot going on this morning. Trips, snow, hair cuts (I wait too long to get mine cut too). Cottage still lifting your family up in prayer during this difficult time.

It is my 2nd day on phase 2. My apple was not as good as I thought it would be...haha I had some peas for supper b/c I was just not prepared at all.

Wednesday is my regular weigh in day b/c I started Jan 2nd. I was up 3 pounds before I even started phase 2....weird. Hopefully next week I will be down a little at least.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning to you, chicks. Battling a fierce headache this morning and so far losing. I was supposed to go South for meetings today and a dinner social this evening, but they have canceled due to the impending bad weather. I don't think it's going to amount to much, but I'm glad I get to stay home. Well, not "home" exactly, as I'll just be running kids around from 3 - 8pm. But at least I get to stay local. I've got a pot of soup made so everyone can grab a bowl as they pass through.

Ruth, have a wonderful trip!
cottage, I'm so sorry about your mother. I'll be thinking about your family on this difficult day.
Hope all have an on-plan day!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all - still around, just not as much. Will check in tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Had Darcy's tonight... Salad, tilapia, and mixed steamed veg. Mmmmm. It was good. I'm just jealous but wanted to check in to say I was good!!! Have a great night!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #13  

Off to bed and doing my usually ending of the daily thread. I think everyone is a morning person but I can never get close to the computer in the morning. (At least this way I can ramble away and not many people will see it. ) I hope everyone's day went well and that in a few hours Ruth gets off to Cuba uneventfully.

I did well today even with the wrench in my schedule of a snow day. No time for lunch by the time I changed everything around and picked all the kids up. I started on dinner right away and I had ham and bean soup ready for Hubby and I. I need to get better about planning dinners. Could we have a "name your favorite dinner" thread to get me motivated?

Still haven't made the jump to Phase II. I have spent most of my time this evening reading past threads. We have date night coming up and my husband thinks we should cheat. I am fighting to stay OP. I haven't had too many cravings and woud like to keep going. Ruby Tuesdays seems to have a great menu for staying OP, we may eat there. Only problem I'm having is salad dressing because I only like ranch. Bea, I live in a city that has most of the East Coast chain restaurants.

We had snow here in the deep south today!!!! It does my yankee heart good to see the stuff and to play outside with the kids. Sadly, the snow only lasted about two hours but I'll take what I can get!

Night all!!
Closed Thread