South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Happenings - January 9 Chat

Good morning. Paul Newman is in my mug this morning. I guess that he is my all time favourite for coffee - maybe for men too. (Been meeting a lot of creepy old farts lately!)

We are actually going above freezing today, up to 41ºF in fact. That should melt down some of the snow. I'm hoping to get all the snow and ice off the steps down to the dog yard. Disney can manage but I'm having a problem.

Made split pea soup yesterday with some Canadian bacon. It turned out fine except I put in what I thought was garlic powder and it was garlic salt. Duh! I diluted it with some more salt-free chicken stock and will give it a test for breakfast this morning. I find that freezing sometimes tames saltiness and it is for my freezer stash anyhow.

Gym with Donna this morning, then some cleaning. I will spend the afternoon with Natalie my Mill manager working on budget for a grant application. I'm slowly closing the 2012 books for the Mill. I sure wish people would cash their cheques faster.

Hope everyone has a gentle slope of a day rather than a hump.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Paul really gets around! I'm starting my day with him, too, Ruthie. You probably know all the tricks for cutting down the salty taste in your soup, but I heard putting a lettuce leaf or two in the soup helps absorb it, too. I hope your day is productive and satisfying.

I have to pick up Cindy after her colonoscopy this morning, so I get to hang out here at home until she calls. My afternoon will be busy with getting groceries, picking up Audrey and taking her to her ortho appointment, then taking her home and rushing back to Maggie's school in time to pick her up and drop her off at the riding stables for her lesson. But then I get to come home. I'm starting off my day with the steel cut oats that I never got to eat yesterday, and I'm going to try to get a load or two of laundry done before I have to leave this morning, too.

Here's to a great OP day!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Really I don't think there's enough coffee this week. Having my own personal atmosphere at night is really causing problems and I'm just not sleeping well, always hot or freezing. I hope it passes soon (yes, I have noticed that coffee causes hot flashes. life has a sense of humor I just don't always appreciate).

Ruth- We had some of that warm-up yesterday and it's nice seeing the walkways clear out a little. Now you've got me thinking of pea soup. Might have to put some on this weekend.

It's a very busy day today - opening day of the legislature and a staff meeting both in the capital and 2 hours away. No time to relax this morning.

I'm exercising every day again and staying on plan pretty well. I'm eating too much but at least it's on plan food. One step at a time for now.

So glad I made dinner last night so I don't need to grab takeout, even co-op takeout. There's been too much of that lately. Time to get moving now. Happy hump day Chicks

ETA - Cottage

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-09-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a good day, Cyndi! Oh! And those hot and cold moments never end, BTW. I'm constantly tossing off the covers, then putting them back on again, and tossing them off again. This has been going on for ages, along with the sleepless nights.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks. I'm having Paul over for breakfast too ...he is quite delicious!

Ruth, just be careful since everything will be slick again tonight! (gee, how do I know that....)

Cottage - that's a lot of running around. Enjoy your oats .

Cyndi - I *think* I can be to your place in time for dinner tonight . I'm actually making something similar but with spinach tonight - more acceptable to kids and DH.

My short day of work (thank goodness), then some kind of workout. Nothing too exciting on tap. I have a good friend going thru a family crisis, I'm hoping to meet her for breakfast or lunch just to get her out a wee bit.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

What would I do with this thread each morning to tell me what day it is?!

I work 11-4 today. Think I'll make a quick stop into TJS after, since it is very close by. Going to try a new Kalyn's crock pot recipe today that will work both for me and veggie DH. I'll report back if it's good.

Have a great one.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

It is going to be a long day...I could not sleep last night. Then my DH's snoring didn't help any.

Today is day 8 for me so when I couldn't sleep I was thinking about how I do not feel hungry all the time and how I am not having any cravings. Then the fear set in about adding stuff back in. hahaha

Today I am even more sore than yesterday from my fall BUT I think I am going to try the walking video again. Some movement is better than none!!

Someone said the fitbit was their conscience well they are exactly right! I had like 250 steps to reach 10k and was walking around the house before bed last night hahahahaha
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I have been up for awhile but after finally talking DH into helping me put some pics up in the kitchen we spent some time working on that. Two of my kitchen walls are brick with a coating of mortar so you don't just "put a nail in". It's an involved process with a special bit and certain screws. Thankfully it is complete. Yay!

Today is a trip to Boulder w/mom and sis, who is leaving tomorrow. I've talked DH into going so we can take our own car and I'll not get stuck going shopping all day. I do love to shop but since I've been decluttering for months it seems counterproductive. Lunch will be at WhFoods where I love to eat healthy.

everyone!

paydaymom, isn't it wonderful to not have cravings! I used to think I would just always be hungry if I was going to lose weight and now I am rarely hungry...I just need to be vigilant with my compulsive overeater brain.

I need to keep moving this morning. We have to be all ready to go 'cause the usual is that we get a call...leaving in 10 minutes. I like a little more notice.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

I wish Paul would come visit me

Cyndi - I too wound up cooking something (need to go food shopping) instead of ordering take out and am proud!

I am off into DC today for coffee with a friend - I am working the Presidential Inauguration and she got me "in" so trooping it out there won't be too bad

Off to get ready. Have a great day all!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth I am trying to finish up all the 2012 work and metrics as well, had to take a mental break so I am here

Cottage sounds like you have a not so bad day today

Cyndi I have the same problem, I go to bed freezing and then in the middle of the night I feel like I need to strip completely I am so hot and then I am back to freezing again...and I don't drink coffee but may be it's the diet coke.

Twynn yeah for short days

to everyone else

I am still doing good with op eating, I feel like the scale maybe moving we will find out on Friday. Tonight is finally a free night with nothing on the agenda need a bit of a break, yesterday all I did was go to work and then straight after work I went to Awana (DH dropped all of the girls off for me so I didn't have to run home first) and then still had to do HW with DD2 after that. Did I mention that I don't like the week after vacations

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Weigh in day, down 7 lbs!!! Woohoo!!! Will post more later!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Made Slow Cooker Vegetarian Greek Lentil Soup with Tomatoes and Spinach from Kalyn and it is husband approved Left off the feta since we didn't have any and didn't cook longer after loading it with spinach.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Greeting from Utica. VERY busy, but great day!! The training is very intense and I am grateful to be in good shape. They certainly know how to raise your adrenaline!!! Today we breached steel doors using a 45 pound battering ram, 8lb sledge hammer, a halogen tool (fireman's friend), the biggest bolt cutters I have ever seen and a hydraulic battering ram. YES my arms are Going to be sore. NO it is not easy as made out on TV. When we perform active shooter scenarios we are running, crouching, clearing rooms, stairwells all while being shot at trying to determine victims from assailants. There is screaming and chaos and then times of eary silence. I pray I will never be faced with this other than in training. I cannot begin to imagine how stressful "the real thing is." The bullets are summation rounds, basically looks like a bullet, sounds and fires like a bullet, but when it hits you it releases a dyed soap. I got "grazed" on the side of my head. Did not hurt, but not the suprise I ever want to get. So that is why I could justify eating a cannoli tonight. Darn it I earned it LOL. Tomorrow we get shot at some more before returning home in the afternoon.

I am looking forward to getting on my bike tomorrow as I actually miss it.

Glad to see everyone was blessed with a little warm weather. I too play the hot / cold game these days and I am certain for many more too.

Enjoy your evening. I will be turning in quite soon.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning.. (evening to those of you on other side of the globe) I hadn't really planned it , but found myself eating phase 1, 4 days ago & stuck with it... (as of a week ago I had not set my "start date")
Though I started daily exercise, weights, cardio & walking a week ago.. & this morning found myself 5 lbs lighter! ~

I find myself with so much more energy to get things done... In just a week I feel my posture has improved since working out with weights.. All in all an excellent beginning to an amazing year~
Closed Thread