South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Marvelous Monday Beach Chat 1/7

Good brrrrrr morning all. I forgot how cold train platforms are at 5 am. Hope everyone has a great day. Work today travel for work tomorrow. Hopefully will ride when I get home. Will try to check in later or at least on my commute home tonight. It is nice not having to drive. Enjoy the day
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile

Jekel, by now you should be on your way and warming up. For some reason I visualized you at Grand Central, the only train station I know in NYC. Thanks for starting us up.

So nice to have a normal week ahead where I don't have to struggle to figure out what day it is! I still have a bit of de-decorating to do later today as I got involved in kitchen stuff yesterday instead of what I'd planned. I made a couple of pasta dishes for the freezer and chicken stock from the breasts I boned and froze. I also tried to cook a 2 lb.hunk of Canadian bacon in the crock pot but turned the thing off instead of to low after the initial cooking on hi. I finished it last night. I guess I can have some for breakfast.

Off to the gym, home to change and then go to my quilting group who will be super chatty today about the holidays. I seem to be the only one there who actually can talk and pin quilts at the same time. Two of them are definitely there just for the socialization and never do any work on the quilts.

The afternoon will be all mine! I guess I'd better figure out what I am taking to Cuba, aside from sunscreen and two bathing suits.

On we go with Monday! Lifting my mug in a toast to a good one.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Jekel should be situated at work and much warmer by now. Ruth, I don't know how to quilt, but I'd be more than happy to join your club as well! Are you going with friends to Cuba? Pick up a cigar?

DS woke us up in the middle of the night (supposedly...DH woke me up, I never heard DS!), and it took me over an hour to fall back asleep. Now I feel like a bulldozer has rolled over me! Hopefully the coffee will kick in soon!

I *think* I have a shorter day today, which means I may go out in the mountains today. I haven't done that in a long time. I've been missing the pup a lot lately, maybe because she would've adored this weather.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

My son heads back to CA today. He is taking a friend with him; they'll snowboard for several days. After we take them to the airport we are detouring home past a huge furniture store. DH and I are looking to see if we can find a new kitchen table that can expand to seat maybe 12 people. I doubt we'll ever find one and if we do we won't want to spend what it would cost.

I enjoyed having him home but will also enjoy having my nest empty again. Not to mention that no son means less junk food around to tempt me! Now if only I could get DH to kick his need for junk. Sigh.

Have a great day.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm dragging today...stayed up late to watch basketball then at 1130 when I was doing my sweep of the house..shutting doors etc I found that DH had gone to sleep on his piece of chocolate on the sofa. It took an hour to get it out by then it was far too late for me. I'm glad I did it last night, though.

Have a great day everyone! It's cold here and Ii'm off to work.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Snowboarding sounds fun. Is it me or do Mondays just stink? My son got in the bed with me last night and my fitbit says I woke up 21 times I believe it. I would like to go back and take a nap!!

I am on day 6 of phase 1. Day 4 was awful but yesterday was not too bad. There was no late night cravings!! And I learned I like tomato juice, well the kind you make at home. Plus I learned I can put some lemon juice in it even though I am on phase 1!! I am so glad I liked it b/c with all my good intentions I never got vegetables into my breakfast.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Jen - where you lonely on the platform at 5a.m. hope your day goes well.

Ruth - how exciting Cuba. I know about the socializers too. They are also the first to criticize.

Twynn - hope your day is short.

Karen - Hope you find your table. DH is making one for our kitchen that will sit 8 comfortably but finding chairs is another story. Hope you enjoyed your son's visit.

Debbie - did you get the chocolate off. Hope work goes by quickly.

Paydaymom - nice to meet you. Hang in there.

me - back to normal sort of. DD's mil is staying with her for two weeks and then I am going back. The problem is GS has to catch the bus at 7:45 for kindergarten, the bus stop is two blocks away and its kind of hard to drag him and baby to the bus stop so we will be taking turns staying with her. Baby is so good, he is sleeping up to 5 hrs at night. Off, to start my day,.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a work at home day for me, big data project due by 5 and lots of work to do on the Feb. event. boring I will reward myself with Wii breaks - zumba and let's dance

I've got a couple of tuna steaks from TJs for dinner. Last time I made tuna in the oven it was dry (was great on the grill). Any suggestions?

Counting down to Monday night, it's nothing special just the end of Monday
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Never made it here today, I had meetings all day plus needed to return the rental back as well.

See you hopefully tomorrow morning
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls. Blegh to Mondays! I'm tired! Ran and picked up my prescription and some soda for Chris, then came home and made broiled tilapia, steamed broccoli, and salads for all. Well, chickie and kibble for Voo. Whew. i did dishes last night so it's someone else's turn!

Still OP, and very excited about Biggest Loser and the return of Jillian. I need her to come here and scream at me until I'm skinny

Oy, hope everyone had a great day!!!!

Lisa
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I finally made good tuna on the stove. I've had good luck on the grill but last time I tried in the house they were way too dry. tonight they were perfect with a side of sauteed cabbage and some mashed cauli
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Home tired, but warm. Ruth you are correct I am working at Grand Central. If you are ever in the area, come see me I am excited to be working there as it is usually bustling Did a lot of walking, but my hip bones are feeling it. When in uniform with all my super hero tools I weigh almost 20 pounds more. I felt really good though Thanks SB

Cyndi I think I am hooked on Steele Oats in the crock pot. So good and I was not hungry all morning whoo hoo

Lisa I am watching BL thankfully my DVR remembered it

Sophie I was lonely at my station about an hour north of NYC. ironically I was the only female, more people showed up right before the train, but they were all men.

Karen hope you found a table

Payday, keep strong you are going great. Hope you sleep better tonight

will check in when I can the next few days. going to Utica for training. This should count for exercise it is supposed to be pretty physical. we shall see......

oh Debbie I laughed (sorry) your hubby fell asleep on his chocolate. Such a waste of chocolate
Old 01-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just waving to say hello, since I didn't make it to check in before midnight. Was too caught up in the excitement of watching the National Title come home to the SEC where it belongs. And the icing on the South Beach friendly whole-wheat sugar-free cake??? I won 2 bets...one of those being w/ the ex!!!
Closed Thread