3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday Chirping on the Beach - Jan. 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/272468-thursday-chirping-beach-jan-3-a.html)

Ruthxxx 01-03-2013 06:27 AM

Thursday Chirping on the Beach - Jan. 3

The dogs sure did a quick potty trip this morning as it's -16ºF out there. I changed my avatar as I can no longer deny that it's winter. We have more snow now than we got all winter last year and the skiers and snowmobile folks are delighted!

This morning I'm off to get my second TwinRix shot and that means it's only two more weeks until I leave for Cuba. It sure snuck up on me. Guess there's not much chance of losing 20 pounds anymore. I did do a good gym workout yesterday - sure is hard when you've been "off" since before Christmas. Today I'll do treadmill here at home and will be shovelling snow later as we are getting more.

Slowly the Christmas stuff is being taken down. I discovered a small shopping bag full of things I meant to give so I'm already started on the next Christmas gifts for the stockings. I've also started my "idea" list for this year's shopping.

Sure is a short week. It's the ninth day of Christmas and I'm expecting nine ladies dancing later on. Maybe they'll dust while they flit around.

cottagebythesea 01-03-2013 06:45 AM

:coffee: Good morning!

Yes, it is a short week, and today's my Friday already. :) Yesterday was pretty busy. They are starting another remodeling project, so I took down all the decorations and organized in the proper bins before storing them in the attic. I did leave the tree for Richard to deal with, but I undressed it for him. ;)

I'm going up to Susie's for an hour or two this morning, then will do a bit of organizing the girl's playroom and try to make some sense out of it. It seems everything ends up in there but never gets put away. :dizzy:

Food wise, I had a great day, especially since I was too busy to think about it. :lol:

TwynnB 01-03-2013 06:58 AM

Good morning chicks!

Ruth, Brrrrrrr!! I'm not used to that anymore! Have a fun time on the treadmill (cough), what do you do to occupy yourself when you're on there?

Cottage , yay for Fridays! Do they know how lucky they are to have you?!?! Do you want to organize my stuff?!?!

Just got off the bike, it's not *too* bad getting up to do that. Eating was decent yesterday, and hopefully again today. I have a long busy day at work, hopefully that means it will go by quickly.

Until then, I'm sipping coffee from my keurig...I tried the ecocup, but it makes a terrible cup of coffee. The my Kcup is way better! Mmmmm...

Ruthxxx 01-03-2013 07:44 AM

Tammy, I treat myself by buying the throw-away cups for my Keurig but have a twinge every time. On the treadmill, I've discovered I can read if I have a book that's Large Print. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a DVD player and screen into that room. It's a very small room.

CyndiM 01-03-2013 07:49 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Yup, so cold here I just plain refused to get out of bed. I live in an old house and it leaks a lot. Makes me look forward to moving this spring but that's another story for another day. Weather Underground says -9 and I am not going out there until I see double digits on the + side!

Ruth - If they dust please send them south when they are done? Cuba, that will be interesting. Hope you take lots of pictures to share :)

Cottage - Busy days are so much easier unless I'm working at my computer. Hoping the treadmill desk takes care of that problem.

Twynn - I might borrow a little motivation from you. I need to get my 30 minutes of hooping in and I have a late night. Now would be the time.

Speaking of motivation I'm already late starting my day so better get to it. One more day to the weekend. We might go bird chasing. there's a very cool bird (gyrfalcon - do you have those in your area Ruth?) down near the Trader Joe we shop at and if it's still around Friday afternoon I'm on it :) Just have to get through 2 work days first.

WaistingTime 01-03-2013 08:03 AM

Good morning.

Natasha - We saw the movie yesterday, but, coincidentally, saw the play about a month ago. I've seen it several times and wouldn't have gone again with the movie coming out but it was part of our season ticket package.

Ruth - It always seems to me that winter should be over once the holidays ended! But no - now we have the longest stretch yet to go.

Linda and Twynn - Here's to another (and another and another) great food day for us all!

Cyndi - Happy birding.

I think I'll try yoga today for the first time in a few weeks since re-aggravating my leg. I anticipate it will be very crowded today with the New Year resolutionaries in full force. Then I work this afternoon.

I enjoyed the movie except for the new songs they added. I'm usually not happy when movies depart too much from the original play or book.

BBL. Have a great day.

Ruthxxx 01-03-2013 08:05 AM

Yup, we have the gyrfalcon. I didn't realize they went that far south. Yesterday at first light, I wondered what the blob of snow was doing up in one of my trees and it was a Great Snowy Owl just back from a night out, I guess.

CyndiM 01-03-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx (Post 4572951)
Yup, we have the gyrfalcon. I didn't realize they went that far south. Yesterday at first light, I wondered what the blob of snow was doing up in one of my trees and it was a Great Snowy Owl just back from a night out, I guess.

They don't come this far very often so it's kind of a big deal. I anticipate lots of birders this weekend. All your birds are down here this year, must not be enough cones. Yesterday I had a redpoll invasion. Between them and the siskins I will need a second job just to buy thistle :)

TwynnB 01-03-2013 08:32 AM

Ruth, what about getting one of the travel DVD players that you hang over the front seat head rest of the car, for kids to watch in the back seat? Rig it to go on your TM?

jekel383 01-03-2013 08:41 AM

Good morning, sounds like everyone is having a good start to the new year. Went to see This is 40 last night, wait for the DVD lol. Not great, but not horrible. Way too much cursing however (gee I must be growing up). So proud of myself though. NOT one popcorn kernel or Hot Tamale. I brought a small bag of mixed nuts (probably 3 servings, but since I worked out I could justify it) and water. Don't get me wrong it was oh so tempting watching Joe devouring it. Two days in and stayed completed OP working on day 3. My goal is to have 1 week of P1. Next week will be tough as I am in training eating out for 3 days.

Starting out today leisurely as it is way too cold to do anything more than enjoy coffee! Have a great day

jekel383 01-03-2013 08:43 AM

Ruth I put a snack table in front of my bike and use either my portable DVD player or my iPad.

Lexxiss 01-03-2013 09:58 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Lots of chirping this morning! I slept in so I'm running behind a bit. It's cold here, too, and I find myself looking forward to these months passing by quickly! I've stuff to do before we head to the pool.

Ruth, I think there will be 9 ladies dancing at water aerobics this morning...even at 0 degrees.

Have a great day everyone!

Pearlrose 01-03-2013 10:56 AM

Good morning, can't believe I slept in til 9 but we did stay up til almost 2 a.m. playing board games.

Triplestep- hope you had fun on your daughters birthday.

Ruth- Twynn's idea sounds great

Cottage- I need your help to organize lol, I did give away before we left all of the bags that were stored in the basement to have a garage sale (too much work effort for the results).

Tywnn- have a good day

Cyndi- Birding sounds like fun

Karen- I have not decided if I am going to see or not may just wait til it comes out in dvd

Jennifer- I do have a tough resisting the popcorn as well great idea with the nuts

Debbie have fun at the pool.

I did go skiing yesterday it was much better than the first day, guess I am getting used to it again. I am sore this morning and have a few bruises so I am sitting out today but may go tomorrow for last day of skiing. We are having a great family vacation.

Have a great day

jenne1017 01-03-2013 03:39 PM

Always late to the party~!

Today we cleaned so hard that I worked up a sweat for sure...and we're not done. I have the study to do but I have 5 boxes of work stuff that I am not ready mentally to go through and discard but...oye. I just want a clean house. SPOTLESS in fact so I better get back at it.

:welcome: to all you newbies!

weezle 01-03-2013 08:20 PM

Just checking in! Cravings are bad but I'm alive. Hope everyone is doing great and OP this lovely 2013!

Lisa