South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Friday 12/28/12

Good morning, ladies. Almost bedtime for me!!!

Had a great night last night. Mom and I went out to dinner at Applebees (I stayed on plan by ordering a salad) and followed it up w/ going to see Les Miserables. I've always loved the music from that show, but it's been years since I've seen the movie. The remake is FABULOUS...I really enjoyed it. I am extremely picky about what movies I'll spend 2 hours of my life watching, so me dedicating nearly 3 hours to a movie AND liking it is practically a miracle, LOL

And, of course, we had to follow it up w/ a non-fat gingerbread latte from Starbucks. Yum!!!

Plans for today are to take those heels back to Target (didn't get a chance yesterday), hit the local fire stations to try to sell some pancake breakfast tickets, and then start my 3 day work weekend. Hope you ladies have something a little more exciting planned!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hello Natasha and triplestep!

I've been managing insomnia...actually the problem was that we went to bed too early which I guess is ok for Winter, especially since I have a day off. I've been working away in my office working on my photo project going through old slides right now. I think we'll head to Denver today perhaps have lunch at WFoods and look for some work shoes. Boring.

I'll check in later...don't know if sleep is on my agenda or not.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. If my voice sounds hollow it's because we had 18" of snow yesterday and I'm deep down in it. : My lane was ploughed yesterday and will need doing again today.

Natasha, you are definitely a shoe nut! I can relate although knee problems are keeping me in flats. Les Miz is definitely on my To Do list.

Debbie, sure wish I could do "managed insomnia" although my sleeps have been much better lately.

So strange to have a very quiet day yesterday since the snow kept everyone holed up. I did get decks and porches cleaned off and did the steps down into the yard. I stopped at the bottom step because my hands were way too cold. Jazz went bouncing down the steps and disappeared into the big drift at the bottom. He's lucky I was still outside and heard him crying and rescued the poor wee guy.

Food was not really OP yesterday and the scale is up .6 this morning. I guess candied ginger is not on plan, right? Things will be better today. No foodie event until tomorrow afternoon when there is an Open House. However, its down by the St Lawrence and more snow is predicted so I may opt out. I know it's an Open House Buffet which is so much easier to handle than the pass around type.

More shovelling is on the agenda today plus a trip to the Post Office but right now getting the trash organized and out to the road is priority. At least it's "warmed up" a bit to 13ºF and is not snowing ... yet!

TGIF, Beachies, after a rather confusing week.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Girls! Mind if I join you with my coffee?

Natasha, I hope those fire companies snatch up all your tickets and you make it to Target. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Le Miz is one of my favorites shows and I love all the music from it. I bet you can't wait til your new shoes come - they look like fun.

Debbie, I hope you can find some nice work shoes today.

I had a lovely two days at the farm with my girls. The weather did clear enough that I could make it home Wednesday night, but they wanted me to stay anyway, and it didn't take much to persuade me. I don't use my little apartment there much now that the girls are older, and it was pure bliss to have the bed to myself and not have to share my bathroom.

We're expecting another snowstorm tomorrow, so today I need to get out for groceries and run to the mall for a new calendar, and Jake wants to go to BestBuy. First, more coffee though!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! Wow, 18" of snow! We're only expecting 4" tomorrow, and that's plenty for me. Poor wee Jazz, with his tumble in the snowdrift, but it is amusing. Have yourself a good day, and don't overdo it on the shoveling.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You gals are all chatty this AM!

Natasha, you are way perky for 4:30 in the AM! I've heard great things about that movie, glad you enjoyed! (and watching Hugh Jackman for while ain't a bad thing...)

Debbie - I hope you get a nap today!

Ruth - 18 inches of snow!?!? That's awesome!! I love hearing the stories of your pups.

Cottage - it must be so nice (most of the time!) to have a second family.

For me - I work today, DH is going down to see granny and papa (his parents) in NC. I'm not wild about it, and he's not either. THat means he shouldn't go! I-95 scares the crud out of me, and he wouldn't arrive until maybe 1 am. The kids would be thrilled because they get to play their DS for 8 hours straight (oh, great).

If they do go away, what the heck do I do for 5 days without having to take care of them!??! I'm thinking a movie, get some good books, and *maybe* a bit of cleaning. I do prefer they stay here though!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Natasha - I just went back and looked at yesterday's thread - you do have some sassy tastes - those shoes are so cute!! I am so boring...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning ladies

Triplestep, I also go to bed before my teenage son. The agreement is he goes upstairs too and keeps his music to a minimum volume. My pups sleep downstairs so if all is quiet and calm they are too. All meals in my house, whether I am dining solo or have my son or company, are eaten at the table. No TV or distractions (cell phones are banned as are iPods etc) No matter how busy my schedule was growing up somebody always sat at the table with you while you ate ( I was raised by my mom and grandparents) I think it is truly important to have that time around the dinner table to stay grounded.

Tammy sadly I have gotten used to my alone time. Try to enjoy hours as it dies get lonely.

Ruth and Debbie hope your sleep woes end soon. I am great once I fall asleep. Sometimes though I just can't seem to turn off my brain

Natasha I saw Les Mis twice on Broadway. Have the soundtrack memorized and sing it loudly and off key. Hope I can contain myself when I see it. My friend Joe makes fun of me because I sing with any song I know on the radio.

Linda glad you enjoyed your time with the girls.

Ruth, you are always up to something! So PLEASE take it easy and don't over due it.

Here's to clean eating! I was way better yesterday, not perfect, 3 cookies from Cucina found their way into my tummy. Today I will be even better!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Natasha - I saw the play with my mom last month and had the music in my head for days!

Debbie - Enjoy your day, boring trip to Denver or otherwise.

Ruth - Yikes! That's a lot of snow.

Linda - Ah, sounds like a nice night's sleep.

Twynn - I used to LOVE having the place to myself for a bit. Still do, but it isn't quite the same since my boys are "grown."

Jennifer - To clean eating!

I am groggy this morning, I assume from the nighttime cold medicine I took. I could actually have slept later but needed to take my "empty stomach" pill in time to eat and digest before I hit the gym with my mom. (Yes, I have to time out all the medications I am taking. Sigh.) Later I take DS to the dermotologist for a mole map. (Since I had melanoma, my boys have a higher risk and they'd never go if I didn't take care of it all.) Need to get to the store to stock up on more tissues, and that's about it for my day.

Have a great one.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Natasha I will have to peek at yesterday threads to look at your shoes

Ruth be careful with all that snow

Cottage glad you got to enjoy your girls yesterday

Debbie hope you find your shoes

Tywnn hope you get your wish

Jennifer here is to clean eating

Karen hope you have a good day

Today is last day of work before a week of vacation- we are leaving tomorrow for NC to go skiing so I will probably not be on.

Have a great New Years Eve and a New Years Day !!!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my last sleeping in morning so I started slow. Yesterday we took advantage of the snow and lazed all day, other than clearing my little flat driveway. Today is an errand day - clear the more labor intensive driveway at the house then off to WF and TJs for lunch and a big shopping. It is supposed to be date night but it's such an odd week that I'm sure we will just hang out and play the new Zumba game (very fun and a good workout) and maybe do a little hooping.

Happy Friday friends!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/227/160

Height: 5'-6"

Slow start and sleeping in for me, too today. I go back to my work schedule on Wednesday, so I'm toying with the idea of 9pm bedtimes starting tonight. We have NYE plans, but it couldn't hurt to try I guess.

Jennifer, thanks for the tips on bedtime and mealtime. Our TV is not near the kitchen (not on the same floor, even) so that's never a temptation, but an uninterrupted dinner together is still a challenge. My commute, my husband's conflicting work schedule, the nights of the week the kids used to eat with their dad (my ex-H) and often still do ... we've fallen out of the habit, and I haven't made the effort needed to change that. I think your mom, grandparents and you had/have the right idea. When I look at my children's friends whose families prioritize dinner together, there really is a difference in their attitudes about "family time."

Natasha, I'll be on the lookout for the Day 4 challenges. Although small accomplishment: My husband is famous for his cookies, and has been baking up a storm to give away. He told me he was baking the PB Hershey Kiss kind today, and I asked him not to since those are hard for me to pass up. I have NEVER interfered with the famous cookies before! He was surprised, but as always, supportive.

Hi, Debbie, Ruth, Cottage, Twynn, Karen, Pearl, and Cyndi! Thanks for the words of welcome. I suspect you guys are used to people popping in here after the New Year - probably some of them stay, but not all of them do; I'm a little early, but I've been involved with online communities in the past - I can see you've built a tight community here, and I hope to stick around. (I promise I won't always be this prolific.)

My plans today involve a leisurely food shop with all my new lists, and time spent experimenting with some of the smoothie recipes you've all posted over in the recipe section. Now that I won't be bringing coffee on my ride to work - and I need to eat breakfast - I figure a smoothie might be a good idea.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Hasn't been a great day today..."the one that got away" got engaged last night and seeing it on Facebook today hit me harder than I expected it to. I *am* really happy for him b/c she seems to be his soulmate and I've never seen him as happy as he is w/ her, but it still stings. *sigh*

Ruth - The sad thing is that I've given away probably 50 or 60 pairs of shoes since I lost weight (my foot shrunk, too)...but now I'm building back up. I have probably 2 dozen pairs of flip-flops alone, LOL

Cottage - Oops...I didn't make it to Target OR the firehouses today. I woke up w/ a bad headache that I still haven't gotten rid of completely, so I just slept until 4 PM. And woot woot, my shoes shipped today!!!

Twynn - Only perky b/c it was almost bedtime, LOL And Hugh Jackman was fairly haggard for the majority of the movie, but he's still nice to look at. All of my old shoes are pretty boring solids, but I've been getting a little more adventurous lately, so I'm snapping up these cute print shoes while I can!!!

Jekel - I want to see it on Broadway...****, I want to see EVERYTHING on Broadway!!! I would spend all day on Broadway if I could. I've gotten to see 2 shows on Broadway...planning on many MANY more once I get moved up there.

WaistingTime - Sounds like you're busy w/ health and wellness stuff today. Not fun, that's for sure.

Pearlrose - Enjoy your vacation!!! Be safe!!!

triplestep - That's an AWESOME accomplishment!!! And yay for having a supportive hubby!!!

jenne - back at ya!!!
Closed Thread