South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Daily Beach Chat for 12/04

Good morning, ladies!!! Wow, I actually wrote "02/04" in the thread title and then realized "wait, that's not right." LOL Sure sign this year has gone by far too fast!!!

I've been MIA lately b/c I've been busy w/ work and my personal life. Work is fine...personal life, not so much. Was trying to work things out w/ the ex, but it doesn't seem meant to be. I guess that's what I get for being honest...not much I can do when someone tells me they would have rather I lied to them. I don't work that way. Meh, whatever. Perhaps that's my clue that it's time to worry about ME and nothing else...something I've been needing to do for a while now, anyway.

My poor poor bulldogs came SO close to winning the SEC Championship. No doubt, had we had a few more seconds on the clock it would've been ours. It was heartbreaking to see my boys fight so hard only to have it come down to 5 yards. And, b/c of the loss, we've gotten completely screwed on a decent bowl game, too. We deserved better...but it's whatever. I'm so proud of my boys...even rocked my new Gurshall shirt last night while having drinks w/ a friend and got several compliments, LOL

Anyway, what's up w/ everybody today??? My agenda is to spend some time w/ my bestfriend and help her put together a blanket for her dad for Christmas. That means I get baby snuggles from Miss Sophie Kaye, too!!! Hope everybody else has a great day!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Natasha, the Supreme Early Bird! Yes, it's time to worry about yourself and you seem to have things in control. Have fun today with your BFF and the baby.

Off to get the snow tires on at 7:30 and then will take both dogs to the groomer for the day while I take off to town for a day of Christmas Shopping. :CB: It's going to 60ºF today, a record. I still don't have my lights up but there may be a bit of time later this afternoon. Not sure how long the groomer will take to do both dogs - last time she did Disney it was three hours and she has both so ... Playing it by ear.

Yesterday's Quilting Biddies lunch was OK. I did not bring home the leftover rum cake but left it in the staff room at the clinic, not that there was a lot left. I am starting to really dislike pot lucks - only one person brought a leafy salad. I guess I'm getting picky. Remind me to be busy next year.

Time to throw myself through the shower and get organized for the trip to get those tires on and write a few more things on the shopping list.

But first a coffee with some sf hot chocolate stirred in - my winter treat!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Point me in the direction for coffee. 5:30 came too fast this morning, and I was sleeping so good, too.

Natasha, I'm so glad you have a good head on your shoulders and are being very sensible about a relationship. Too many people let love and infatuation blind them from seeing the true person you'll be spending the rest of your life with. Good for you! Have a good day with your friend and baby Sophie!

Ruth, we're enjoying a heat wave, too, and it's supposed to get up into the 70s today. I am not complaining, because I know what's coming for Jan. & Feb. I hope the furbabies enjoy their day at the beauty salon and you get a lot of shopping done.

There's not much on my agenda for the day, although it's my long day. I may drive out to the tree farm for some pine roping and fresh wreaths and get the porches and gate decorated. Cindy and the girls decorated the inside of the house and coaxed Richard into putting their tree up over the weekend, so that's all taken care of. It will be a nice day for working outside, anyway.

I guess I should think about what I want for breakfast.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Thanks for starting us up so early, Natasha. I'm with Cottage on that one - good for you for staying who you are.

Ruth - wow! three hours?!! I think it was best too, to leave the rum cake behind. Is the conversation fun, or not quite worth going anymore?

Cottage - hope your long day is not too exhausting. Enjoy your last day outside for a while!

Just got off the inside bike, I always feel better when I fit exercise in early (b/c I know I won't fit it in later!!). I have my long day of work, then there's not a whole lot of room for anything else. I did go to Trader Joes yesterday...I'm intrigued by how fanatical people are about it, when it's so *small* by today's standards. My friend works there, and said it's one of the largest, esp. for not having alcohol. I know when I want appetizers or cheese, that's where I'm going! I almost bought the blueberry cheese roll thingee, but then realized I would *have* to eat it with crackers , and I proably would be the only one eating it!!

Whoa...babbled too long, need to get the kids going!

Last edited by TwynnB; 12-04-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I had a nice visit with my family but am glad they are now gone and I can get back to routine. Off to yoga this morning. Then errands. This afternoon I think I'll work more on Christmas shopping.

Have a great day.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Natasha on my wedding day I hyperventilated at the back of the church. My parents literally had to coax me and support me while finally walking up the aisle. Hmmmm thinking on how things turned out I think my body was trying to tell me something that I knew, but didn't want to admit. I am a pleaser by nature and it took me a long time to realize I need to please myself first. Sometimes it feels selfish, but I cannot take care of anyone else unless I am good to myself. Afterall in the end it may just be me by myself.

Speaking of which, I totally enjoyed a relaxing night of Christmas music, at home manicure and reading. Plus a little Chardonay, which ironically I could not tolerate the tast last night so the glass is still sitting on the counter to be washed lol. Tonight Joe and I are going to a late movie after his son goes back to his mom's. Looking forward to seeing Flight tonight (my turn to pick) The last three movies I picked turned put to be major tear jerked for me so I am trying to redeem myself. Poor guy should wrap his arms in tissues since I literally soaked through his sleeve one night.

Ruth I don't really like pot luck anymore either. We are having a retirement dinner Friday with a pre selected menu. I am going to be "that person" and ask for a second salad instead of the pasta course. Since I am a shrimp scampi addict I will splurge on that course. Drinks are not included which makes it easier to avoid, not to mention the drive home from NYC is always a challenge.

Linda I love roping and fresh wreaths! I decorated Joe's porch while they were away. His son asked if I made everything. Joe thought I did too. Alas, the fine people of Lowe's really made me look good this year. I did take pictures of the kissing ball, wreath and welcome display. I will salvage what I can from them and try to recreate them on my own next year. Oh how I would live to have a craft room

Tammy I agree squeezing in working out is tough. I too forgo a little sleep to get my rides in. We have a chapter meeting for the Police Unity Tour Monday night. I am so excited to meet the chapter members and learn more about the ride. I was smart and took the week after the ride off to recouperate. I am sure I will be quite tired after four days of riding. My schedule in January changes so I will be off on Saturdays. I think I am going to join a local riding club and step out of my comfort zone.

Ok I have rambled on way too long, thanks to a well caffeinated morning. Enjoy the heat wave girls
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, have to leave for an awards luncheon in 30 minutes so have a few things to get done.

Sounds like everyone is doing well, my cold is on the tail end just a bit of stuffy nose and tickle in your throat cough stage.

Still doing well eating, I am starting to think I might end this year on a positive note weight wise, we shall see since it is only the beginning of the month.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Slept in today and after coffee headed right to the pool. I'm working on niggles at the house today...making split pea soup right now...vegetarian. It smells good! DH is napping and I'm off to catch the news!

Have a good rest of your day, everyone!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cyndi if you are reading this thank you for sharing the amazing chick pea and smoked paprika soup recipe. Holy cow is it good!!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Cyndi if you are reading this thank you for sharing the amazing chick pea and smoked paprika soup recipe. Holy cow is it good!!
I concur. That's lunch this week Delish!

Sorry I didn't stop in this morning, girls. It's been so hectic. I'm still OP, grumbly about it, but still OP. Hooray for P1D2. Trying to decide if I just want leftovers tonight or if I want to make something. Choices. At least we have plenty to eat in the house!

Anyway hope everyone had a great day! I'll stop by tomorrow.

Lisa
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #11  

Good evening, ladies. I finally attended DanceFit Class for the first time in 6 weeks tonight. I could DEFINITELY tell I hadn't been there in a while. Whew!!! Enjoyed my time w/ the bestie, her wife, and Sophie Kaye today. Sophie doesn't like anybody other than her mamas holding her, but she lets me hold and feed her.

Ruth - Thank you. Right now I'm questioning why I gave him a second chance...but at least now I don't have to wonder "what if." Pot lucks are no good for the conscientious eater, that's for sure. My shift is really good about trying to include healthy options for me, so I'm lucky in that respect.

Cottage - Thank you. It is definitely easy to overlook the bad stuff and think about how much I enjoy talking to him and how it makes me feel when he says sweet things to me, but that's definitely not enough to build a future on. I have always been a "I'd rather be single than settle" kind of girl, anyway. Hope you enjoyed your day!!!

WaistingTime- It's always nice to have guests, but it DOES disrupt your entire routine. Hope you enjoyed your day!!!

Jekel - That may have just been a sign, LOL My mom's dad was a preacher and married her to her first husband after walking her down the aisle. While walking her down the aisle he said "you know, you can still back out if you want to." She says now that she should've realized the significance of that, LOL I, too, am the type of person that always wants to please others. That's how I've gotten to be as unhappy as I am where I'm living now. Time for me to take care of me and nobody else!!! Good job keeping up w/ the biking...and I think joining a local group is a GREAT idea!!!

Pearlrose - Hope your awards luncheon went well. Glad your cold is almost out the door!!!

Lexxiss and Weezle -
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I made it before midnight! I do read every day but sometimes I just can't string enough time together to post.

Glad everyone is enjoying that soup. I subscribed to Kalyn's email feed and am always trying the new recipes. I still don't think I've gotten a bad recipe from there.

Natasha - in my experience the ones worth being with are the ones that show up when I'm not looking and just taking care of my life. They surprise me because they are so unexpected. Enjoy your you time.

Now I suppose I should wind up the Wii for a little while more. I've spent way too much time doing data entry and other desk stuff today.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-04-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

CRAVINGS!!!!!!!

That is all.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Natasha - in my experience the ones worth being with are the ones that show up when I'm not looking and just taking care of my life. They surprise me because they are so unexpected. Enjoy your you time.
Thank you, Cyndi. Exactly what I needed to hear right now!!!
Closed Thread