South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday On The Beach - November 29

Where did this month go? I know it's one of the short ones but it whizzed right by. I'll post a December weightloss goal later although I sometimes think maintaining should be the only goal allowed for December!

Very busy day yesterday but did get lots of running around done and finally found time to call my daughter. She works nursing shifts, usually in the evenings and 3 PM is the best time to catch her at home and not asleep. Got some Christmas gift ideas which I'd better get bought, wrapped and mailed as it takes a while to get to Vancouver Island.

Donna comes today to clean so I need to do a bit of tidying. I will be relaxing at the spa getting a pedi this morning and then will be finishing up the schoolwork delivery. The pedicure part will be very relaxing - the rest not so much. Snow is predicted again and I don't get my snow tires until next Tuesday.

Hope all is well with you and you are not getting bent out of shape by the date today!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and everyone.

Ruth, I hope you and your DD had a nice chat and that you can fit some shopping into your day. I'd much rather be having a pedicure with you than doing what I have to do today.

Today is the day I haven't been looking forward to all week and will be glad when it's over.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I have a busy day. Yoga this morning. Hair cut and color after lunch. Then I see the doctor - my first appointment with him since my diagnosis almost 2 weeks ago. DH is going with me; I have a very long list of questions. I suspect he will have me start tapering down the prednisone. Funny how much I've been eager to visit doctors during this all

Have a great day.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Well I didn't get home until after 8 last night and HAD to watch Survivor...along with some sushi and salad. Now I've slept in and must take time to enjoy coffee before work. Thank goodness for my job. My suspicion was correct; Bing's coughing is due to progression of his heart disease. The Dr was very impressed and praised us for getting him right down and said that getting him right on the meds would really help. It's a good thing I didn't pitch the pill cutter last week because I need it now.

So there's the update...have a great day everyone!

PS several of the vet techs want to buy Kirk's cutting boards....it's a big clinic and perhaps he'll sell more when we get down there.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I woke up to a lovely snow dusted yard, not enough to be a problem just that pretty holiday card amount. I would be happy to never have more than that but guess that's too much to hope for.

Ruth - I finally convinced my Mom to make an Amazon wishlist. It just makes it so much easier for us. Hope you and DD had a good conversation.

Cottage hope the end of the day comes quickly for you.

Not much going on here. Just getting my work plan for the day done. I've got to work all day Saturday too. I don't have a single weekend without other people's stuff until the holidays. Luckily my new contract while shorter on vacation days has the entire stretch between the 24th and the 1st off.

Time to get moving on the day. First stop, a good breakfast!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Linda sending warm thoughts and strength your way. When things settle down I think Ruth should take you for a girlie spa day (Mani pedis and fancy tea)

Natasha, loved reading your post last night. It is amazing how much words can change your day for the better. I too am blessed with really good friends.

Cyndi great idea! Amazin wish list, never thought to do that!

Debbie so glad you were pro active with Bing. What kind of cutting board does Kirk make?

Work today, but need to leave super early thanks to my ex being very difficult. Guess there is some "stress" between him and Joey. He, the ex, dropped Joe off at school and told him he will not take him to the Soldier Readiness Training. He is taking his sister to her court appearance (sure it is over money her ex owes her). Joe is without a vehicle (day's truck is in the shop). I think the ex is getting fed up with taking Joe to school and work. I know my son is extremely difficult to get up for school and that does make for a stressful start to the day. He is using this as "pay back" not to take him to the training. He does not support Joe's decision to enlist after high school. I think the more unsupportive he becomes the more Joe will want to distance himself from his dad. Stay tuned let's see how this plays out! As always mama comes a running. My son desperately needs this direction to stay focused and hopefully distance himself from questionable friends. To me His lack of support tells Joe he does not believe in him.

To quote my Aunt Rita "Oiy ve."

Have a great day
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, I have a developed a wonderful case of Head cold and feel downright yucky. I should have stayed home instead I came in to work but I think after one meeting I am leaving.

Hope everyone is doing well Cottage for you day today.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. I'll be working the last half of tonight, so I have to go in to work at 11:30. I've been told I'm ridiculous for doing so just so I can stay home and watch the SEC title game on Saturday...but you don't mess w/ a girl's football, IJS

Hope you ladies are having a good day!!!
Closed Thread