3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Feeling Good Friday Beach Chat 11/30 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/270770-feeling-good-friday-beach-chat-11-30-a.html)

jekel383 11-30-2012 06:03 AM

Feeling Good Friday Beach Chat 11/30

Well since I have been up since 1 I thought I would start us off today. I'll quickly start the post before Ruth beats me :)

jekel383 11-30-2012 06:08 AM

Look at that I actually snuck in before Ruth's coffee was done brewing :)

Crazy day yesterday. Left work early, but by the time I was done shuttling my son around town it was almost 7 when I got home. Then got called for OT before my tour. So I went to bed at 8, dozed until 1 and got to work about 0245. John better get here soon because I am hungry! lol Two cups if coffee down the hatch already.

Spoke to Joe last night. They decided to extend their trip. Fortunately
I took tomorrow off so I guess I will be spending time tending to the flock. Just happy they are having a good time.

What's on everyone's agenda today?

cottagebythesea 11-30-2012 06:30 AM

Ha, Ha, looks like I beat Ruth to it, too. :)

I hope John gets there soon, Jennifer, and you get to eat soon!

Ruthxxx 11-30-2012 06:38 AM

Well, Jennifer, you nearly didn't beat me. I was up but dealing with a "mistake" in the back room. The coffee was already made and I had to heat up my mug in the micro! I am amazed at how you can manage sleep when you work shifts! I hope you can get some quality sleep tomorrow.

Lovely pedicure yesterday. I think I may have dozed off on the table - it's all soft and heated and the lights are low except for the one shining on my piggy toes. Did a bit of a shop, dropped off the rest of the darned schoolwork and even did some Christmas shopping! (It was snowing a bit which put me into the mood.)

Donna just called and asked me if I wanted to go to the gym this morning. Of course I'd rather stay home but said we should. Good thing we are gym buddies since it keeps us both on track. After gym I'll get the veggie tray etc. ready for DWARPS tonight. Liz is bringing the books and I have no idea what we are reading. I need some excitement in my life!

Have a Feel-Good Friday on this last day of November.

jekel383 11-30-2012 06:38 AM

Thanks Linda, my tapeworm is roaring this morning. We usually have breakfast together (eggs and turkey sausage) He may have to fend for himself as I might eat his too! lol

Hope everything went well yesterday. Take it easy today if that is possible

Ruthxxx 11-30-2012 06:39 AM

Sheesh, Cottage. You beat me. I hope you are having a "recovery" day after the past two weeks of turmoil.

jekel383 11-30-2012 06:41 AM

Ruth I leave a wee wee pad in the kitchen now. Beats finding out the hard way of an overnight oops by having wet socks before turning on the lights. Poor Coconut his bladder must be the size if a walnut. Glad you enjoyed your mani pedi. I would enjoy just enjoyed dozing off lol

cottagebythesea 11-30-2012 06:56 AM

Thanks, girls. :hug: The memorial service was beautiful and a fitting farewell to a remarkable man. We will sorely miss him, but he left us with many happy memories.

I think today Jake and I will pull out the Christmas decorations and put up the tree. It's time for a bit of cheeriness!

WaistingTime 11-30-2012 07:01 AM

Chatty group today :)

Busy day for me:

I am off to the gym with my mom and trainer. Then I rush to get to work. (My boss accidentally scheduled me earlier than I have asked for on Fridays and I failed to notice in time to ask her to change it.) In my dreams last night I was late and couldn't find anything to wear!

My brother and SIL show up sometime around when I get home (my mom is picking them up) and are staying with me for a long weekend. We are having the classic KC BBQ meal tonight.

My doctor's appointment went well yesterday. He spent a lot of time explaining things and answering my questions. I have one more day at this level of Prednisone, then slowly start the long, long process of tapering off. He added an antibiotic to my mix and also has me now taking a daily protein pump inhibitor to protect against the stomach damage that Prednisone can do. I have become the person who has to time out her daily medications and supplements!

So far I am hanging in without gaining weight. I can't remember when I was ever so motivated or had so much willpower. Fingers crossed this lasts.

Happy Friday.

TwynnB 11-30-2012 07:06 AM

Good morning chatty chicks, do you mind if I join you? Jekel , I think I'd be eating too!! You're a good woman to wait! Ruth, that pedicure sounds amazing, I would LOVE to do that right now. Or maybe a massage ;). Cottage, glad it was a beautiful remembrance.

For me, I have the morning off that I'm meeting a friend for breakfast (and skipping a PTF meeting...oops...), then baking bars for my cookie exchange tonight (oh lawdy), and then a (hopefully) trail run before I start work at 2. It's been a tough couple of days, so I'm hoping my run clears my mind. I do have the challenge of ordering a healthy breakfast, and not being TOO outrageous at the cookie exchange tonight. I am bringing the wine tonight ;).

The hubby made the coffee nice and strong :D....

Lexxiss 11-30-2012 07:52 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

All this puppy talk...I have a new morning routine jumping out of bed and running down to get Bing outside first thing since he's on Lasix now....then I give him his 4 different pills...then make coffee. We've had our morning cups now DH is in the shop. I'm thinking I'm going to run to the PO in my jammies and see if the wallpaper border I ordered has arrived. It would be the perfect morning to put it up.

Today is our 20th anniversary so we'll head down to Denver for lunch with fam in an area with lots of antique shops. Sounds fun. Work tomorrow then I have 8 days off :woohoo: Trying a new trade at work where I work extra one week a month then get a week off. I'm doing fine this week, working 6 of 8 days and the boss doesn't care.

Allrighty, have a great day everyone!

CyndiM 11-30-2012 08:08 AM

Good morning :coffee2: I am running late as usual. I'm sure one of these days I'll get a handle on this schedule. I'm on the road this morning then making calls from home this afternoon (since my office is home!). I will try to sneak back on for personals.

Happy Friday friends!

Pearlrose 11-30-2012 09:11 AM

Good morning,

WFH for me today, hope to get alot accomplished even with this darn head cold.

Jekel- I don't know that I could wait lol

Cottage- enjoy decorating today

Ruth- Blue just can't seem to hold it so I put a wee wee pad in the Kitchen as well, it is a lifesaver.

Karen hopefully with slowly withdrawn it won't affect your weight

Tywnn enjoy your morning

Debbie Happy Anniversary enjoy your time, your work schedule sound good to me :)

Cyndi Hope you have a more leisurely day today.

Have a great day everyone

weezle 11-30-2012 02:38 PM

Someone please roll me back into the ocean.....

I am so tired of the eating out and the eating poorly and the eating out of a vending machine. Next week I'm Ph1'ing it. I HAVE to get back on track, and I CAN'T wait until 2013. I've just spent 45 minutes reviewing every single OP Menu I've ever posted in the 8.5 years I've been posting here, and I hope I have an idea of what's going to be good to eat next week. I'm down to 1 pair of jeans that barely fits me, I have fat rolls in places that a month ago I did not, and my tickie is L Y I N G. My weight no longer starts with 12-. Sigh.

Anyhoozle. Hi girls. My new job let everyone go home paid after 4 hrs today so I'm here. Spending time with Voo, planning my menu for next week, and picking Anna up from school. But I'm severely uncomfortable and need to get rid of this weight before it's too late.

So anyway. Hope everyone's having a great day! Look forward to seeing me soon. :D

Lisa

Ruthxxx 11-30-2012 03:26 PM

Now, Weezle, you KNOW it's mostly waterweight and you know how to ditch it. Good idea to get it off before it grows roots.

Having a wonderful day - have not been out in the car even once. (Donna drove to the gym and Claire picked up a few things for me at the grocery store.) I have my food all ready for the Book Club tonight and am going to relax with my tea and a new magazine until doggy feeding time. I have to do this more often. Enjoy your evening.