South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat on The Beach - Nov. 20

Good morning! You'll be pleased to know I finally finished the leaf raking! I discovered yesterday that I should do outside jobs earlier in the day - by 2 PM it is beginning to get colder and feels like evening. Whoever invented DST should be shot. However, it is a bit brighter in the mornings.

Potted up some plants I rescued from outside a while ago so my kitchen no longer smells "earthy". The sewing studio has a big glass door facing south so they should be very happy there although I need some more shelves. It will look just great in there when it's January and -33ºF. I need something to look forward to after Christmas. I must get an Amaryllis or two.

Two months from today I'll be in Cuba and today is the day I get my Hepatitis vaccination in preparation. I sure hope I can ditch some of this recent ten pounds before they grow taproots. Why is it so hard to let rid of weight and yet it just grabs on like a leech? Just doesn't seem fair.

So what's a-happening around your place this morning?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday Chilly Beach Chat 11/20

Another cold start to the day. Hope everyone is waking up to their favorite blend. So excited my trees are finally getting cut down and removed today, thanks to Joe. His buddy, a tree guy, in Columbia County is coming down today. Very excited because he negotiated my price. I really don't like dealing with this stuff. Also today I am going to change the air filter in the car and replace the motion sensor in the garage light. Hopefully not fall off the ladder! I broke down and bought one because standing in the car is not the smart way to reach the light lol

Other than chores nothing exciting planned. what is on everyone's agenda today?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Thanks for the merge Ruth

Looks like we are the only ones up today hmmmmm
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stereo posting, Jekel! Do be careful on the ladder today! They scare me. Joe sounds like a gem of a friend! I ahve a few like that and feel very blessed. Happy Tuesday.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm off to yoga this morning. Then DH and I are going to buy some new dishes. We went to about 8 stores yesterday looking and finally settled on some plain white ones to replace our old, chipped, "no longer match the kitchen that was redecorated 6 years ago" set. So, new dishes for Thanksgiving After 2 days on Prednisone I've gained half a pound already; I hope this isn't a sign of how fast a gain is coming on. Maybe its my imagination but I think I already feel some slight improvement in my symptoms.

Have a great Tuesday. (I had to type that to remind myself what day it is!!)
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Last night Bing got a bath and this morning was grooming...spiffed up for Thanksgiving. Among other chores (trash day) I feel like I've already had a full day of work, but at least it's exercise!

Have a great day everyone!

Karen, nice to hear you might be feeling some lessening of your symptoms.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning My car is at the garage getting its noisy winter tires on and we just finished a breakfast of yummy french toast made with dense ww bread with walnuts and sunflower seeds Now to data clean-up and holiday cooking. The best thing about having a home office is being able to clean and do laundry while working.

Happy tuesday friends
Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Today is work Day 5 of at least 7 in a row. I pulled my on-call week this week and, if I were to get called in every single day, I could be working as many as 12 in a row. I am NOT complaining b/c I know that I am very lucky to have the job I do...but I'm also not as young as I used to be, LOL But I thought about it today and, even though I have a shift of younguns, there's only 1 or 2 others on my shift that could handle working like that. Sure will be nice to get that fat paycheck next week, though...2 holidays AND at least 15 hours of OT??? Suhweet!!!

Ruth - I agree w/ you on whoever invented DST. I sure wish I lived in a state that didn't participate.

jekel - Ahh, yes, I finally got more coffee today. Yesterday I scraped the bottom of my coffee bin and actually had to use 2 scoops of MINE and 2 scoops of my mom's in order to make my coffee. Yikes!!! Oh my, I totally read that as that you were standing ON TOP of your car at first, LOL Yes, a ladder is DEFINITELY a much better method, LOL

WaistingTime - Half a pound could easily be just water weight...don't worry too much about it. Good to hear that you're feeling some improvement in your symptoms, though!!! Also, it may make me a nerd, but I love the thought of shopping for new dishes.

Lexxiss - I hope Bing stays smelling good longer than my Shadow does. We take her to get groomed and she smells like a dog again w/in a week!!!

Cyndi - Ooh, that french toast sounds yummy!!! I have been having whole wheat toast w/ Smart Balance sprinkled w/ pumpkin pie spice and a little Splenda at least once a week. I need to make that into a french toast recipe instead, though. Nomz!!!

Well, ladies, if I don't see you again before Thursday, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Closed Thread