South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Nov 24-25

Well I was up surfing 3FC and decided I'd start us up since I work early.

Yesterday I decided we'd have on more leftover dinner then I'd either freeze or get rid of the excess. I'm happy to have my fridge back and am happy to get back to normal eating. It is occurring to more and more that "food" is just not worth it if I regain weight because I just couldn't resist.

Stop by and chat What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Debbie, and all who follow.

I hugged my older son goodbye at 4:00am; DH did the airport run so I could try to sleep a bit more (with little success). I work this afternoon. Then we have two neighborhood parties tonight. My mouth is so much better that I have no problems eating now, but I'm going to use it as an excuse to try to get through the day unscathed with the abundance of off plan food. I wish I hadn't given away almost all the turkey! My teen turns 20 today! I guess I need to stop calling him "my teen."

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie thanks for getting us started. I completely agree!! I enjoyed all of the yummy food, but last night decided it was time for it to go. I enjoyed a hearty feast last night then cleaned out the fridge. After I decided, well time to start undoing the damage and ride for 2 hours in the living room. Scale was done almost 4 pounds this morning. Definitely water loss as I got up twice to tinkle and woke up this morning before my alarm clock todo the same. I am still up 4 pounds from my lowest weight, but 1 pound under my goal so I am happy. I find since starting SB I have an easier time regaining focus after a little detour

Work today then off for 4 days yippee!! Joe is away hunting so I have chicken, turkey and dog duty this week. I really like the chickens, but those girls need to start laying eggs!! I think I will give them a talking to this week

My son and I may go cut down a Christmas tree tomorrow. We used to go every year. Last year we opted for a Home Depot tree. It is a little challenging bringing a tree home in my Camry, but we make the most of it. Also, I will bring down the decorations from the attic, but NO outside lights this year. Going with the simple candles in the windows and a few outdoor wreaths this year.

Time for another cup of coffee then some eggs. Enjoy the day. Hope the traveling chicks are enjoying time with their loved ones.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What's happening in your neck of the woods? says Debbie. Hunting is definitely happening. Several loud bangs woke me at seven this morning. I am teaching myself to sleep longer and it still astonishes me when the clock says seven instead of three when I wake up. Funny but I cleaned out my fridge yesterday too. I need it ready to be loaded with holiday entertaining stuff.

Karen, sounds like you had a good TDay. Yes, your boy is no longer a teen - it happens. You gave away turkey? I was expecting Purolator at my door with a package but I guess I'm SOL. I'm glad your mouth is feeling better.

Jennifer, "tinkle" gave me a giggle - haven't heard that since I was wee girl. Sounds like you will be busy tending the menagerie. We used to always cut our own trees and I really miss it. Can you tie the tree onto the roof of your car? (Note to Self: buy some pine scented candles or spray.)

Lots of schoolwork sorting still to do but I hope to have it all out in the car waiting for delivery next week. Late this afternoon I am going to an Open House which is the start of the Christmas social whirl and then will check in at the Town Hall to see if they are all set for the pageant tonight. We have a porch, steps and a functioning washroom! I am so relieved.

Right now I need to sweep off the skiff of snow on the back deck and steps since Disney is really hesitant about going down into the yard. I did remember to put my car into the barn last night so don't need to find the snowbrush to clean it off.

Have a good Day After.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but this has been a tremendously rough week, and now that I finally have time to sit down and catch my breath, I'm just totally worn out.

Ruth, I'm sorry I don't have any turkey carcasses to send to you, but I have a couple of human carcasses I'd be happy to part with.

Karen, I'm very happy to hear that your mouth is much better. It sounds like the meds are working, and I hope you continue on the road to a complete recovery!

Debbie, I went home with my DD Thanksgiving night and by the time I got home last night, all our leftovers were gone, thank goodness, so there's nothing around to try to tempt me.

Jennifer, your neighbors sound just wonderful to remember you on Thanksgiving! That's a funny story about getting that tool box out of your car, LOL!

I hope I'm feeling more energetic and in the spirit of the season tomorrow. I'd like to get a few decorations put up, but I'm just not in the mood yet, which is very unusual for me. But even if we did plan to decorate today, it's way too windy and nasty outside to be stringing lights and hanging wreaths.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I christened my day with my first cup of coffee out on the sunporch, watching the glorious sunrise that turned the entire sky orange.

After napping most of the afternoon and a good night's sleep, I'm in a much better frame of mind and feeling more like myself. Now I know exactly how an overtired, cranky baby feels, LOL! We have a few errands to run this morning for Mom, then we're going to Home Depot to look for a much needed light for my clothes closet. Afterwards, I just may attempt to get out my Christmas wreaths and a few decorations and put my fall decorations away.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda. Glad the cranky and tired baby has disappeared and you are feeling more yourself. You've had a rough week.

Survived the first of the holiday food fests yesterday as I managed to just have a single glass of wine at the open house. Unfortunately there are three foodie events this coming week so I'll really have to work hard to use my resistance muscle. Ten pounds since last Christmas is not good although my clothes still fit.

Church this morning, the sixth from the last service in our wee Church. The Bishop really doesn't want to let us close but is working on keeping the Church as an historic site. We'll see how that works out. I definitely do not want to be the person who opens the Church and gives tours in the summer season!

This afternoon I tackle Mill finances for our Board meeting tomorrow. Our bank account looks good since we have the grant money but the Board Members need a reality check as we are using grant money for operating expenses. Sometimes I wish I had not inherited my Dad's financial brain!

Enjoy your Sunday as you continue to recover from the Feasting.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Linda I am so glad you are feeling more like yourself. A good night's sleep can do wonders for the soul. I too slept like a baby. After work I found some motivation to decorate inside, but decided to pair down a lot. Otbis amazing how many decorations I do have. I told myself only one Rubbermaid tote...ok 2...so I picked out my favorites and the rest stayed behind. I really need to go through them in the spring and donate the ones I don't routinely use.

I am getting Joey at 11 then we are going to get a tree....probably breakfast or lunch first then a tree. I usually wait, but it is so hard getting any time from him so if the tree is brown before Christmas I'll say it is rustic.

I have to hide the garage opener and not park in it while he is here. The ginormous tool box is in there lol.

Ruth I am sorry your church is closing. A historical building would be nice, but don't let them rope you into being a tour guide. You do way too much. I wish I had your financial brain. Math and I do not get a long. I need a calculator constantly lol.

Today was my weekly weigh in. Only 3 pounds to get to my lowest weight, so I am quite happy. Knowing I committed myself to the bike ride in May is helping me stay on track. I keep telling myself the lighter I am the easier it will be to get up the challenging hills. I am looking forward to going to DC as I have not been there since college. That was 20 years ago and almost 50 pounds heavier WOW how times have changed

Enjoy the day and safe traveling to our coming home chicks
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #9  

Leftovers are gone at our house too, with the exception of a pumpkin pie. On T-day I bought these aluminum foil takeout trays from The Dollar Store and fixed leftovers for everyone to take home. I left just enough for us to have one more meal of leftovers. I even baked some of the pie in aluminum pans so I could send them home and not loose track of my pans. I have one pumpkin pie left that may need to go home with my daughter today since my DH leaves on a 2 week elk hunt tomorrow morning. Sure hope he brings home some meat, it's been a couple of years since we had any and the freezer is bare.

I manager not to gain any weight and really enjoyed my meal with no guilt.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

I'm getting done what I can before I hear what the fam has planned for the day.

Linda, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Evangeline, I have a pumpkin pie left, too. I have to decide what to do with it TODAY. Its a Vegan pie so I don't want to waste but don't need to eat it all to get rid of it, either.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning well, just barely morning. I've been up since 5:30 but busy until now. I'm taking a short break between chores now.

Ruth - Is there a little time for you in the day?

Cottage - glad things are looking a little brighter this morning

Evangeline - great idea with those pans! We just went to Mom's so the only leftovers are the ones I took with me.

Debbie - Do you have a good vegan pie recipe? I've tried a couple but nothing too exciting

Jennifer - congratulations on the weigh in!

I am still struggling to get and stay on plan. Don't know what's up with my brain, I know better but am having a tough time sticking with it. I just keep restarting every day, guess that's better than giving up

Time for more tea and some Wii activity
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi ladies-

I went MIA for a few days but not because I went off plan! Just prepping for our cruise! I am hoping to hit 229 for the cruise but am still at 234 Only a few days left!

Turkey day was nice (I went out - so no leftover and I didn't eat anything off plan except for a bite of homemade cranberry sauce - but it was too sweet) and I slept for 17 hours yesterday, lol.

For as much bad crap going on with me and my life right now, I am in good spirits. It could have something to do with the cruise but I will take it!

Hope all are well!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Jenn!

Cyndi, vegan pie came from WhFoods...I have a new recipe I might try before Christmas
Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Just had a nice walk outside with my neighbor. Today is a beautiful day sandwiched between "winter." DS flies out after dinner tonight. I'll have to fight DH about what to do with the junk food left behind. I'd toss it but DH hates that.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Dang, is this weekend over already??? Maaaaaaaaaaaaan.
Closed Thread