South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Traipsing Through Tuesday - Chat for October 2

Nice morning and the deck is fairly comfy at 52ºF. You'll need a jacket but the chairs are dry and the Newman's coffee is great.

Managed to "sleep in" until 4 this morning. I see Tylenol PM in my future because Melatonin is just not cutting it. I did want to get up early anyhow to check on my dear Disney who is having tooth problems causing mouth bleeding. She's on anti-biotics for a week or so and then will have $$$ dental work. So much for travel for a while!

Spent a fair amount of time on the road yesterday and enjoyed the fall colours. I am so lucky to live where I do! The fences were covered with yellow wild grape and red Virginia creeper vines and looked glorious.

Now I'm all inspired to make a fall quilt! Too bad I don't really have time for it.

Today will be the usual Domestic Goddess stuff and then I have an afternoon meeting with my bank manager - a good meeting to open a US$ account. I've been to the States three times since July so it's time!

Time to crank up the day! Come and chat a bit if you have time.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank you for the Newman's, Ruth, and my deck chairs are dry, but won't be for long. Rain is promised for later this morning. For now, I'm just going to sip my coffee and enjoy that beautiful picture.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth, and all who follow. Ruth, I often say, "I can't believe I live here!!" as I drive thru this area. Right now our maple out front is in all her fall glory.

As some of you know - I let Reesie go yesterday. She woke up with a bad day, and it got worse as the day went on. I promised myself that I wouldn't let her suffer, and that if she couldn't run, it was time to let her go. It was so hard to do, but I have no doubt it was the right thing to do. The kids are already begging for a new dog, but we shall see...this was a bit tough, with her only being 3 years old.

Otherwise, just work today, which will be tough. I'm thinking of bringing Walter (my kitten/cat) with today just as a distraction.

Hopefully next week (I have a conference this weekend, so I'm being realistic!) I can start eating a little better. I can't believe the scale is not up, but am grateful it is not.

DH made coffee before he left, it's just right....
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

is just what I needed this morning, and now I'm feeling more social-able.

Tammy, my heart goes out to you, but take comfort in knowing you did the right thing. Reesie is leaping and running with the other pups over the Rainbow Bridge and smiling down a "thank you" to you.

I have my hairdresser appointment before work this morning, and today is my long day. I'll have to take Audrey back home after her violin lesson this evening since Richard won't be able to, but there's a Starbuck's up the street to make the wait a pleasant one.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Day 2 of crazy month and so far I'm holding on.

Some of you saw my facebook pics yesterday, while walking the dog I discovered several giant puffballs in my yard. I picked one and discovered it was perfectly white inside, so all very yummy. We had mushrooms steaks with soup for dinner last night, making mushroom omelets for breakfast, and sauteed and froze the rest. According to the internet they can be frozen that way. I sure hope it's true because it will be so yummy in stews this winter. I'm going to work on another one today. I might try drying one just for compare and contrast purposes.

Ruth - love that picture. The color is really starting around here too. It's so beautiful.

Tammy I'm sorry to hear about the pup but glad you two had some good time over the weekend.

Cottage - Enjoy Starbucks. I so need a hair fix but just haven't found anyone around here I like. Must do something soon.

Time to get the day moving.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Damned mice! That is all.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Wifi and heat do not seem to be cooperating on the bus this morning so I am posting from my smartphone.

Ruth I do enjoy watching the leaves change

Twynn so sorry about reesie but she was in the best of hands while she was here

to everyone else. All week at work is Customer service Week so we have events scheduled all week for staff. Tonight is Awana e

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Twynn...

I'm trying to get things packed up while getting ready for work. We'll head over the hill this afternoon.

Take care everyone!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning today is my only day off until Monday so I am moving at a snail's pace today. Nothing exciting planned, not even leaving the house today. Cooking, cleaning and indoor cycling are on the to do list.

Ruth loved the picture. We are not at our peak yet. Hoping we still have fall colors when Rick comes from Florida.

Cyndi hang in there this month must be insane for you

Tammy I too am so sorry to hear about Reesie. Thinkingbof you and your family

8:20 and I am still in my PJ's so rare!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - Dr. Oz recently had a segment about melatonin and why it doesn't work and how people are misusing it. I don't know the details though.

Twynn -

My mom is having knee replacement surgery today so I'll be busy in the coming days and weeks, visiting her at the hospital and home. But before that, I am planning to finally get back to yoga after weeks off because of all my aches and pains and other "body falling apart" crap.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Karen, thanks for the heads up on melatonin. I found Dr Oz.s article and that may be my problem. Sending positive thoughts to your mother for her surgery. Tell her to insist on pain killers - physio can be agony without them. (I think my surgeon was away the day they covered pain relief in med school! The idiot told me to do yoga breathing when morphine was really what was needed.)
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Tammy - I'm so sorry My Voodoo is 2 and a half and even the thought of it makes me want to cry. I hope your heart heals soon....

Just popping in - I saw the Dr Oz episode about melatonin and won't take it now. I had no clue the circumstances that it is to ONLY be used for, and that they come in tablets 3 to 6 times the recommended dosage. Scary stuff! Reiki helps me sleep, so I'll just stick with that!

OP again today (day 2) and my team has ordered pizza and it will arrive any time. I've already eaten my morning AND afternoon snacks in hopes of having enough in my stomach to be able to resist the temptation. I had a LOT of cravings last night and ate too many black olives, but otherwise have resisted the bad stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 10-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

hugs to you and your family Tammy.

Just dropping by to say hi!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Busy night at work and I'm still fighting off the after-effects of a migraine, so I'm not very talkative.

Twynn - So sorry you had to let your pup go, but you did the right thing. I've always found it interesting that we are sympathetic enough not to let our pets suffer but not humans. But that's an entirely OTHER discussion that's far too serious for the daily thread, LOL

Ruth - You too, huh??? I was in my kitchen getting some ice Sunday night and saw something black run across the floor out of the corner of my eye. By the time it registered in my brain that it was a rat, I was already jumping around my kitchen letting out several screams. I lost ALL cool kid points that day, LOL

Alright, gotta run. G'night, ladies.
Closed Thread