South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday SBD Chat, Oct 17

Good Morning

I'm up and at 'em early this morning. I have to leave at 6:45 for a long hour rush hour drive to my mom's monthly eye appt. Tomorrow is moving day(for Kirks DD) so I'd best get my niggles done now.

Checking in here is always a great start to my day! It's my daily reminder that making healthy (SBD) food choices is an important priority in my life.

What's on your agenda today? Stop by and chat

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-17-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for the cheery start-up.

It was a mite chilly out there this morning at just above freezing so the doggage made a quick trip in and out. Today is supposed to be sunny but then we get three days of rain so we may as well enjoy the sun while we can. I may be able to get the leaves raked in the lane later today. I also hope to get the frost-killed plants out of the Village planters before they freeze in place.

Donna and I are off to the gym for 7:30 this morning and we may take the dogs into Brockville to the off-leash dog park. It's a 35 minute drive but might be worth it. Having the dogs will keep us out of the wicked Chinese buffet!

Hey! It's Hump Day! Hope it's gentle.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good brrrrrrr morning chicks. Wow Debbie you are very motivated! While walking the furry ones, with gloves on, all I could think was COFFEE despite a few last minute tidying tasks. Ruth we did not get a single tree planted, but the day was still very productive. Hope you fair better with the plant removal.

Today breakfast, quick spin indoors, wash kitchen floor, shower and such then off to Laguardia to pick up Rick. I know we will be stopping off for much missed NY eats. I can't resist good NY pizza either, but will limit myself to one slice. I told myself not to stress over my choices, but really watch my portion sizes this week. TOM has been a little kinder this morning relinquishing 3.5 pounds so far. Today I will take my diuretic and hope to lose the remaining 4.5. He is evil and who invites him anyway? Last month he didn't even show up, this month he is soooo annoying bringing old habits with him lol. He needs to move on and find a young girl to bother lol

Well I better get motivated have a great one
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, when TOM leaves for good and takes Aunt Flo with him, Uncle Arthur shows up. Just sayin' ...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow! We sure up at and at em' early on this chilly morn!

Debbie, will Kirk's DD be moving closer to you? I hope the move goes well!

Ruth, I bet the dogs will be happy to frolic in the dog park! Did you get all the daffodils planted yesterday?

Jennifer, I was at Laguardia just a few weeks ago! Have a safe drive in!

My Hump Day should be a gentle one. I'll be up at the carriage house helping Susie this morning, and I have absolutely nothing to do at the big house this afternoon, so I'm taking my kindle. The girls and I had a little free time yesterday before we had to leave for violin, so we had a fun time draping the main gate with cobwebs and setting up our scarecrows and ghosts, and I lugged a bale of straw and some pumpkins and mums down there. It looks great, and I hope Richard and Cindy appreciate our efforts.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL, you ladies are crackin' me up.

Debbie - hope your travels went safe, and you got some niggles done today!

Ruth - at least it's three days of rain instead of sn*w!! (will I get kicked out of here by mentioning that word?!?!) I do remember maybe 2 years (3??) ago we had a massive snowstorm on yesterday's date....it was a friend's bday.

Jekel - it's all about moderation, and I'm sure you can afford it with a 75 mile bike ride! Have you been to the Pine creek rails to trails in PA? Fabulous trail, something like 63 miles one way.

Cottage - I hope you tell us tomorrow that hump day was gentle! The front entrance sounds beautiful....I wish I had the time/energy/budget for stuff like that!

Two successful days of phase I! WOOT WOOT! It's easier right now with soup season....yum, yum, yum. I'm trying a new kalyn's kitchen dish tonight - mexican layered casserole. My kids love most anything mexican, so hopefully it will be a hit (and they'll prob eat it in a tortilla, which they're young and skinny...).

I haven't looked at the weather, hoping for a run or hike after work. Then a parent/teacher conference, an appt, work, and then I'm sure an interesting evening with children as always!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-17-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning glories from Atlantic City things are ok for me though I dread going back to work next week. Started PT and hope it works!

Off to find coffee
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #8  

I'm starting back up with Phase I, motivated to make it this time. I never saw the show "Lost" when it first aired, so now I watch it while exercising and I end up enjoying the whole exercise experience because of the show. Made some soup for lunch and warmed up from it.

Now I'm getting ready to get the kids from school and endure their snack time at home (my most difficult time - I'm weakest then and there they are eating all the carbs...) - I made some peanut butter in my Vitamix and plan on slathering it all over some celery when they start eating!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone from Memphis, TN. The conference is going well and I am scheduled to leave tomorrow afternoon. Been getting my exercise in and trying to eat healthy.

Hope everyone is doing well, Ruth you cracked me up!!! lol
Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Must be a conference week, I just got settled into my room in Burlington. I'm here until Sat. night. Tonight's dinner was pretty awful, glad it's on the expense account. Sadly I still have work to do before sleep. Hope your HUmp Day was a breeze
Closed Thread