Wednesday Chat on The Beach - Sept. 5

• Good morning and here's mug of excellent Big Easy coffee. Actually most appropriate as we got the remains of Isaac last night and my deck is drenched. It was very dark around 5:30 - felt like the end of November - and we got a good 2" of rain in just a few hours. The dogs kept their legs crossed until it stopped.

Ever have a day when you felt you just spun your wheels? Yesterday was like that as I searched through all my papers looking for a tax return form for the Mill. Moved a personal recipe file this morning and there it was, on my desk all the time. Grrrr! At least I got some of the other stuff sorted but it certainly was a frustrating day and got over the Wednesday "hump" before the sun came up.

Off to the gym this morning with my two buddies. The Diner here in town is closed now so we will be going tot he one near the gym for coffee. The owner is Greek and always has a pan of luscious baklava in the dessert case. I am considering passing it to be exercise for my resistance muscle.

Raising my mug in a toast to a good day for us all. and .
  • The diner is closed?!? Do you mean permanently, or seasonally? Do you think he could drape something over the case to hide the baklava for you?

Sitting here with my coffee, that I admit is very good this morning. Have my "half" day of work, then i hope to take the pup on a hike if the weather permits. I don't think I'll have her much longer, and there's no way she can handle a run anymore, but I want her to enjoy the outside while she can. Then, to figure out what's for supper. Wednesday used to be marial arts night, but DS decided he hated it...I think it's just b/c wednesday is so long in the summertime, and he's exhausted. I'm hoping he changes his mind, but we'll see.
  • Good morning from the sauna! Sticky day here and the AC at work is not a great improvement yuck!

Ruth is the diner only opened seasonally?

TwynnB I am so sorry Reesie is not doing well. My old guy shows his age some days. Today he got up then laid on the floor. He seems to enjoy getting his front paw stuck in his collar lately. Time to take it off at night so he does not hurt himself.

Work, work, work through Saturday. Trying to keep busy. I think I may do my first group ride in October. My local bike store participates in Trek's breast cancer ride. It's only 25 miles which is completely doable. I am hoping to find someone to do the ride with me. I don't like doing these types if things by myself. However, I told myself if need be I will step out of my comfort zone.

Have a great day
  • Good old Newman for me!

Kudos for finally discovering where those tax forms were hiding, Ruth! Why don't you suggest going back to your house for coffee after the gym? Unless you think you'd never get rid of them, !

Tammy, my heart breaks for dear Reesie, and it sounds like you're making her last days as happy and pleasant as possible. Amber suddenly decided to give up martial arts this year, too, after doing it for the past 2 years. Her excuse was that she just got tired of it.

I'm hoping today is better than yesterday. It was a long day, and Maggie is home with a concussion from falling off her horse on Monday. She's OK, but very, very bored since she's not allowed to do anything but rest, and that makes it hard on the rest of us. She'll be home again today, so that will be my Hump.

Must run. I have a salad to make yet for my lunch, and have to figure out what I want for breakfast!

ETA:

Jennifer, sauna is right! The humidity is horrendous! Have yourself a good day.
  • Good Morning

I've been busy getting lots of niggles crossed off my list. After talking w/mom and Kirk last night it became apparant that if I was going to enjoy 3 days on the Western Slope it would have to be today thru Sat. AM when I work. Mom has an eye appt next week, which was MY original plan. Kirk was up for it so he's driving over to pick me up this morning. Yippee!

Ruth, kudos for remembering to exercise your resistance muscle when faced with baklava. I, too, have those days when I do alot of organizing "trying" to find something. Oh, well.

Twynn, I reminisced as I visioned you and Reese on a walk. We took Lexxiss out every day for a small walk. She got so slow but I could tell she enjoyed it. One day we got to the path...she walked 30 ft. and laid down. She was happy to watch us that day but we all knew we had done our best. Enjoy your time with her.

Jennifer, work work work! Your bike ride sounds great! I hope you find someone to ride with. If I were closer I'd go with you. I can do 25 m. now (didn't used to be able to ride around the block.)

Linda, ouch...falling off her horse...glad it was not more serious and I hope you both get through the "boring" time. I know you'll find ways to keep her entertained.

I'm upstairs and coffee is calling!

Have a great day everyone!
  • The Diner is closed permanently - just could not make it financially. (I had some suggestions re financial management but they fell on deaf ears.) There is no way I'm inviting D & D back here for coffee afterwards! Donna is great but the other D would stay forever and completely wear me out with her constant grumbling!
  • Good morning!

I've been busy - walked on the treadmill, gone to Whole Foods, since I head to work soon and am there much of the afternoon.

Yesterday I saw the gal who heads a wellness center, about my self-diagnosed pinched nerve, and she ran some tests and we meet of Friday to see what treatment she suggests. She is a chiropractor herself but they also have acupuncture there. I'm a bit leery of getting sucked in to a whole wellness thing when I mostly just want this one thing to go away.

Have a great day, all.
  • I've become an afternoon poster! Just finished making sushi salad and heading out to a bonfire with good friends. The sky just cleared so it should be a perfect night for it. Might be the perfect end to hump day.