South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the WEEKEND - Sept. 1 & 2

Time to shift gears but not too quickly as we enjoy the last long weekend of summer. I am actually very ready to move into fall and put away my summer clothes but had better wait as there is more above normal temperature in the long-range forecast.

Still feeling strange without three extra two-legged people in the house. the dogs slept most of yesterday but did take little walkabouts to check for the missing tall people. Jazz and I are going to the nursing home this morning for some pet visiting and that may make them feel things are back to normal.

Other than that - and the on-going Mill accounting burden - it'll be a most enjoyable long weekend. There is nothing on my calendar until gym on Wednesday.

Have a happy and healthy long weekend.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A sleepy Good Morning.

I forgot to give Monica a key last night before they left for a concert and had to wait up to let them in at 1 am. Then we stayed up another hour and had a nightcap and Caite and Matt raided the kitchen for snacks.

I'm waiting for everyone to wake up to see what the plans are for today, and Jake is wanting breakfast and ready to make some noise to roust the sleepyheads. I guess they are oblivious to the aroma of coffee this morning.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

September - aaack - how did that happen?!

We've gotten the tale end of Isaac here for some much needed rain. I'm working this afternoon and tomorrow; we have a big sale for the holiday weekend. I hope it's busy since she has a lot of people scheduled to work!

I'm almost done with my recipe reorg project. I had no idea it would take so many hours! I have an awful lot of recipes to try that I've been collecting for a long time.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Karen, I need to organize my recipes too. That may be a good winter project. Although I really should start knitting as my dear friend Ed and his wife are expecting their second child.

Ruth I hope you and Jazz enjoy your time at the nursing home. When my grandma was in the NH they had a black cocker spaniel. She really enjoyed petting him despite the dimentia.

Linda, let the kids sleep. Tell hubby to relax and enjoy a nice cup of coffee with you first

Enjoying my morning coffee and smoothie. Then I will spin, shower do. my hair and nails before heading off to the wedding. I always stress when getting dressed up. My lifestyle is VERY casual so wearing a dress is a rarity. Not to mention the big panty hose debate. No one seems to wear them anymore. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I don't feel right not wearing them when I am in a dress (ok not a sundress). Besides I am extremely self conconscious about my legs, thanks to genetics I inherited varicose and spider veins yuck!

Oh well it's only for one day Enjoy yours
Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am up and waiting for DH and DD2 to walk up. Our hotel is nice it is a suite so I have a living room to wait in

Ruth, that is the only thing I don't like about having visitors it is weird when they leave, I miss them. It much easier to be the one leaving.

Cottage enjoy your day

Jekel it is weird to see ladies in fancy dresses and no panty hose even though I hate panty hose as well...have fun

Karen we are also getting lots of rain more at home than herein Chicago.

Have a great day.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

We traveled this morning....just time for my smoothie and a very quick check in...off to work.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Quiet in here. I hope everyone is out having fun.

I have a quiet day planned for today and tomorrow and am hoping get a good whack at the darned Mill tax return which has been hanging over my head since June! Looks like another gorgeous day of sun and nice temps so I will plan some outside stuff too.

Enjoy!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Ruth!

A quiet weekend here, too. Glad to hear you have favourable weather! I've been picking up after my few days away and just finished paying a bunch of taxes/assessments for our Alaska house. Like your Mill work, it's been sitting around for along time. It feels great that it's done.

I'm going to go drink coffee before work. Have a great day everyone!

Jennifer, how was the wedding?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was begged and pleaded to drive back with Monica last night and spend the rest of the weekend at her house, so here I am. I've been up for the last hour just having coffee and thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet here.

We're supposed to go to a birthday party for a friend in Mickleton this afternoon and that should be fun, as long as my allergies calm down. At least my appetite is zero. I even turned down wine and snacks with Caitlyn and Matt last night, and sipped herbal tea instead. So it won't be hard to resist the cake and other party fare today if I do decide to tag along. We're supposed to go to the Tap Room for supper on the deck tonight, and I'll save my calories for that.

OK, one more coffee, then I'm going to have my shower and get dressed.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

It rained yesterday afternoon, we still had a fun day. We went to Six Flags in the morning and then went to Gurnee Mills in the afternoon and then just hung out at the pool in the evening.

Today we are going into downtown Chicgo and going to the aquarium and one of the museums.

Sounds like everyone is having a good time this weekend
Old 09-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #11  

Yawn good morning oh and a big stretch too lol so nice to sleep in.

The wedding was really nice. Everyone had a good time, well except for my friend's son who is 15. Not only was he extremely bored, but he hated the attention if his Aunt's asking him to dance. The best part was the one man band! He was incredible, played over 4 hours and did not take a break. You name it he played and sang it. Everything from Loius Armstrong, Glen Miller, Lionel Richie even Toby Keith. Even I danced, but backed out of the polka lol. I did not get home until 2, but well worth the late night drive. I' ve never been to a wedding which was served family style. Made it a little easier to eat less and better (not great just better). I splurged on a frozen strawberry dacqueri and a piece of cake. Scales up this morning, but I am not concerned as I know I am doing good.

Today I am going to do some much needed weeding and not much more. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

So much for planning a quiet day! Friends insisted I go to the diner for breakfast as it was the last day. Then the Hyper Pypers arrived for a late lunch with two dogs to do a sleepover with my two. The P's are going to a cottage on an island in the Lower Lake for the night and one of their dogs freaks in the boat. The other, one of Hershey's pups, loves the water but loves me too so I'm being GrandB1tch! It's just like old times when I used to have a kitchen full of puppies.

What are my chances of getting some accounting work done today?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
So much for planning a quiet day! Friends insisted I go to the diner for breakfast as it was the last day. Then the Hyper Pypers arrived for a late lunch with two dogs to do a sleepover with my two. The P's are going to a cottage on an island in the Lower Lake for the night and one of their dogs freaks in the boat. The other, one of Hershey's pups, loves the water but loves me too so I'm being GrandB1tch! It's just like old times when I used to have a kitchen full of puppies.

What are my chances of getting some accounting work done today?
zero

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Aww, our little thread IS quiet this weekend. I take partial responsibility as I decided at the last minute to take my cousin up on her offer and drive up to Atlanta for Dragon*con this weekend. We only went to the parade, but it was definitely an interesting experience. I can only imagine how much time and effort went into some of those peoples costumes!!!

Saturday night we went out to dinner w/ a large group of her friends at a local Greek restaurant where dancing on the tables and throwing napkins into the air while yelling "OPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" is encouraged. It was a lot of fun!!!

And I am SUPER proud of myself b/c, aside from the croutons on ONE side salad that didn't even enter my mind, I stayed completely on plan. Even when we ate at The Flying Biscuit and I had the option to get THE MOST DELICIOUS sandwich I have ever put in my mouth (a fried green tomato BLT w/ a jalapeno cashew relish), I behaved and got scrambled eggs w/ spinach, red onions, feta cheese and chicken sausage. Even put the fresh biscuit w/ apple butter on the table and left it untouched.

Hope you ladies had a great weekend. My legs are sore from all the walking we did on Saturday (ermm, and possibly from the table dancing, LOL) but it was an awesome weekend.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #15  

Hey Natasa sounds like you had a great weekend!!!! Extra big kudos for making really smart old choices!!!
Closed Thread