South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Default Hi hi! Now, where do I jump in..

Hi all!

It's nice to be back to the forum after a baby break! It's time now to lose all of this greedy baby weight that I foolishly, but so enjoyed, piling on throughout my pregnancy. (I gave birth end April to a gorgeous little girl)

Previously I was a Mediterranean dieter, finding that it fit in quite well with my lifestyle living over here (And Mediterranean is a brilliant plan, but the weight loss is very, VERY gradual) however I find that South Beach works very well for me personally, my body seems to prefer and adapt very well to it. I did SB some years ago with great success.

I started phase one last Tuesday and today I am 3.5lbs down, which I am delighted with considering there was a slip up last Thursday - a friend called over with some Rose wine and I felt way too bad telling her I wasn't going to have some with her. I do think it's important that when you are limiting carbs/off alcohol, that you tell people around you. It avoids these situations but I digress..

I've had a great week of gorgeous new recipes and my SO has just loved them too. I've even mastered completely carb free pizza! (Just had a slice of it mind, it's still fat) I'm looking forward to continuing with South beach and chatting with some of you guys on here Can someone direct me to where I should begin posting? Lots of threads in this section, it's very popular!

XX Sarah
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome! One of the moderators might have more advice but I'd suggest you just explore and post where it seems to fit a current topic, or add your own. And pop in and visit the daily thread. Maybe beachers also like to post what they are eating on the "on plan thread."

And please share your pizza recipe! I'm still looking for a perfect one. So far I've liked zucchini pizza best and was not a huge fan of cauliflower pizza. Portobello is somewhere in the middle for me.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Sarah! You can feel free to post in any thread you wish, and please DO join us in the Daily Chat where we just chat about our day.

We're happy to have you joining us and look forward to getting to know you better.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Thanks cottagebythesea! I'll pop by and say hi

@WaistingTime - I did 2! Zucchini and Cauliflower I actually preferred cauliflower but both were really good
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/163/140

Height: 5'4

Hello!

I am recently new to this forum and south beach as well! Lost 7 pds in my first two weeks but then went on a 2 week holiday and gained two back! So I am starting phase 1 all over again!

I would love to know this pizza recipe please do share!
congrats on the weight loss and good luck!
alisonclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Welcome Ladies
littlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Allison, look on the message board under recipes. the zucchini pizza one is there
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote