South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default Saturday Beach Chat

Hello!!! yesterday was the first day I checked back here on SB and I see dear Jekel saying " Oh Holly I hope you are too busy enjoying summer to post, but still checking the boards. Thinking of you and Fab by 40" Yes, the days go by (went by?!) so quickly, then I saw Natasha's post and braved up to come here

I have not gained, I've maintained, but nibble by nibble I've not followed the SB ground rules. The summer heat made me slack off on working out, I think the whole month of July I barely managed 2 workouts a week, and I've been working 6 days/week (each day is only 6-ish hours though)

so thank you for thinking of me and HI to Twynn, Debbie, Karen, Ruth, CyndiM, Cottage, and all other SB ladies!

oh yeah the coffee is ready and I'm on the deck!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Vermont Mom! Nice to see you back again. Didn't the summer go quickly?!

Had a great day with the family yesterday touring the Mill, the Village and a couple of graveyards. Today we are going to tackle Jazz's escape route and then go to watch the milling demonstration before we go to a big BBQ. It's great to have them here. Even Matthew is recovering from the shock of no WiiFi!

I hear stirring in the guest quarters so will crank up the coffee. Dave is an early riser and likes to go for a walk first thing. I may join him.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you do.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! So good to see you here Holly, I've missed you! I can't imagine staying on plan with your job, so you sound like you did a lot better than I would've! When does your summer job end/winter job begin?

Ruth - hope you enjoy the visit with family. Did you get to go on a walk?

It seems like a nice morning out here. I have a walk with a friend planned, we're meeting at 7:30, so I should be back before my crew even wakes up. It doesn't burn calories like a run, but has great social advantages! We do about 5 miles each time...but she was running before, maybe I can convince her again?!

After - I guess today will be my cleaning day, unless DH makes other plans. I need to deep clean the cat room and other nooks and crannies, esp. because an employee is staying here while we go on a mini vacation next week.

I didn't even bother making the coffee until after the walk...am I sick!?!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee. I'm still recuperating from a very long day, yesterday.

It's nice to see you here, Holly, and great that you've been managing to maintain! I've noticed you around on the other boards and have been waiting for you to come back to visit us.

Ruth, I know you are in your glory with having your DD's family there! Is your GS having fun playing with Disney and Jazz? Enjoy the BBQ today!

Tammy, have a nice walk this morning. It's already sticky here, so I hope it's cooler where you are.

We had a great day yesterday and I finally had to drag the girls out of the park at 7pm. Much, much later than I had wanted to leave. The park was packed and we had to wait in line over 2 hours for one ride, and all the other rides were about an hour wait in the hot, hot sun, but the girls didn't seem to mind at all. They had planned to do the waterpark too, but there just wasn't time, so I let them shop around in Chocolate World before we left, and they were satisfied with that. By the time I got them home and got myself home, it was well after 9pm, and I was exhausted! Bed felt so good!

This morning it's a little grocery shopping, and Monica and Carley are coming out along with Caitlyn and her boyfriend for the day. I'm thinking we'll BBQ chicken on the grill with corn on the cob and a big salad. I'll have to remember to pick up a couple of portobellos for Caitlyn and myself while I'm at the store.

OK, I want to finish my coffee, then Jake is ready to take off. Have a nice Saturday!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Finally a day off with no huge plans! I've got a very long list of things to do but it's nice to have some down time. today's plan - cleaning, errands, dehydrator and a little cooking then off for a hike and picnic at Table Rock. I can't believe next weekend is Labor Day already (and the blue moon). Where did the summer go?

Holly - Welcome back! Been thinking about you and hoping all was well with you.

Ruth - Great start to the family visit. Here's to another nice day together.

Twynn - vacation? Someplace fun? enjoy your day off.

okay, time to finish my list and start working my way through so I have plenty of time for a hike and scenery.

ETA - Cottage. Hope there's time for relaxing and a glass of wine today

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-25-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning! Holly way to go maintaining!! Obviously whatever you are doing is working!!

TwynnB have a great mini vacation

Ruth nice you have a walking partner during your family's visit

Cottage glad you had fun yesterday

Just another work day here. Yesterday we were quite busy, hopefully today will be a relaxing Saturday. So happy I figured out, with help, how to burn DVDs onto my iPad. It is so convenient when I take my break at work. Next year I won't have my little luxury of working out on lunch, but depending on my assignment (and partner) I will be doing a lot of walking. So will enjoy my work out at work perk until January.

Time for a refill, have a great Saturday
Old 08-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, all.

Hi Holly!

My big project today is to (re)organize all my recipes I've been collecting for years. I actually got a new books - it's time to just get rid of the old ones that we don't eat any more. (So long white rice and potatoes!) And I need a new vegetarian section. How things have changed over the years. I have many recipes I've printed but have yet to try so need a system for that too.

And then I work the closing shift tonight.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Happy Sat, hope you are all having a great day.
Why is it that summer is so hard to stay on track. I think is is mostly to do
with nice days, friends, and tons of social things.
Enjoy the rest of your saturday
Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, ladies. I'm honored that my post was what pushed you to start posting again, Holly.

Last night was a busy night at work, so I'm hoping today will be better. Just checking in.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Is everyone sleeping in today?

Cyndi - we are going to Hillsville, VA....where DH's parents (now his sister) has a mountain house. THere's a HUGE flea market that weekend, and a lot of the the family normally get together. We haven't gone since the kids were little (read: NOT fun!), so we are looking forward to it.

I woke up at 6 am and couldn't fall back asleep darned it. I have a little more cleaning, then need to start planning the short week and then our trip.

Should I admit that I'm having reheated coffee from yesterday? It doesn't bother me...and I hate to waste!
Closed Thread