South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Terrific Thursday Beach Chat August 16

Good morning all. Already at work for about 45 minutes and settled in. Thought I would get us started today. Enjoy your morning
Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday on The Beach, SBD Chat for 8/16

It's cool and lovely here this morning, and I couldn't resist lingering on the sunporch with my coffee.

Off to work in another hour, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get off a bit early today since I've been putting in some long hours all week. Audrey has her orientation today and will be at school until 1, then I'm car-pooling for art camp. But once I drop off the kids, I should be able to head on home. I have a basket of beets and carrots that I've been wanting to roast up all week long, but there just hasn't been time and I've been too tired after work, so hopefully tonight's the night.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shhhhhh! I drank too much wine last night. I think the second bottle must have been bad! Gotta coffee up and get going.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Ruth!

Cottage, don't forget about that beet salad recipe I sent you....Mmmmmm!

I thought the dog had to pee at 3 am (she was pacing) so I got up to let her out, and of course couldn't fall back asleep for an hour...so then I actually slept til 7:15! But now, no time to socialize...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Jennifer - Thanks for getting us started.

Linda - I've been meaning to try roasting beets. I haven't eaten any since the horrible canned ones my mom forced on me as a kid!

Ruth - We'll tip toe.

Twynn - I hate that! Of course in my house it is ME that I think has to pee at 3am, not a dog!

I'm drinking just water this morning, still fasting before I get my cholesterol tested and other annual blood work. My teen had two more guys show up last night, driving from MA to KS so far. The gang will caravan in two cars to UT and drop one off at school there (with his car), taking the third on to CA. I have no idea when they leave but am hoping I at least get to hug him good bye since I work today.

My eyes are still blurry from all the time spent experimenting with my new phone the past two days!

Have a great day.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #6  

Ruth too funny (don't worry I am whispering)

Linda hope you find time to roast the veggies. Hopefully on Sunday I will find time to break out the dehydrator. Next week will be hectic as I only really have one day off. Sad, I am looking forward to next week considering I still have 3 shifts to go.

I was a good girl last night. Decided to spin when I got home, which was much better than snacking. Fresh food prepared for today and hope to sneak in a work out on my lunch break. It is supposed to be gorgeous here today. My plan is to go for a walk/run when I get home. I am feeling a little more motivated lately, which is a great thing. Probably in part because I am looking forward to fall!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Feeling a bit fuzzy this morning, Ruth? Take it slow and easy and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Tammy, I've enjoyed your salad many times since you've given me the recipe. Thanks! Have a good day with Reesie!

Good morning, Jennifer! Did you find it hard to get back into the swing of things at work after vacation? It took me a day or so, but I'm back into the routine now.

Morning, Karen!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #8  

Karen, I hope you get to see your son off and get great results on your test.

Linda, I was fine after a few hours. It is like the movie Ground Hog's Day. Nothing ever changes, same complaints day after day. My commuting buddy is finall back to work! With gas over $4 a gallon I am really happy he is back. So happy, he was welcomed with coffee and zucchini bread today lol
Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

G'morning everyone! Here I sit, at the tail end of an overnight shift, clutching the coffee. OMG. It's so much easier when I'm on the floor... when I'm stuck in a patient room it's kinda hard to stay awake. Especially if the patient is not doing much.

Ruth- water is your friend! Need some ibuprofen? Got plenty here... was it good wine?

Twynn- send some pats to your doggens from me! Mmm... beets... I've got a whole bundle (again) in the CSA box that I need to roast. Anyone else have the problem of pink everything in the restroom after beets? For me it lasts for days sometimes! @_@

Jennifer- I'm craving fall too! So weird, because I couldn't wait for summer... and since it's been mostly fire, and not summer, I'm kinda "eh" and over it...

Welp, here's hoping I don't have to stay too late this morning... helping to cover a coworker dropping off her little one at first day of school. I volunteered for it at the beginning of this shift (you know, before the whole 12 hours had gone by) and now starting to regret opening my mouth!

Have a lovely day, folks.

--Wendy
Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, All. Quick swing by - I've got another full day at cust sites today. I tried to pack some healthy stuff yesterday, but didn't really plan ahead. I didn't have anything to keep it cool, so I was eating car steamed sugar snaps at 4:30 (just a little bit late for lunch, ya think?). Hopefully today will go more smoothly!
See you all later - wishing everyone an OP day.
Oh and Ruth - take an extra dose of B's today! It helps.
Cate
Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I have a day off! Actually, I have to take mom to her eye appt. in Denver late this afternoon. I have lots to do at home and need to make a master shopping list since I don't have a car that I'd feel comfortable leaving town in when DH is off with the nice car.

Just have to say....ya'll make me smile in the morning!

Here's to an OP day!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have one minute before my call lol. Hope everyone is doing well this morning, other than Ruth

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quick fly by I'm still settling into my new routine. Making a work plan for next week so hopefully I will feel more organized.

Ruth - Hope the water helped
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the sympathy, Chickies! Coffee and breakfast fixed me up. My house is now back to being spotless and I survived Donna and the Dyson.

Early bed tonight with no "wine-ing".
Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

I signed up for TOPS last week for some extra accountability and tonight is the first weigh-in! I'm very curious to see where I'm at! Hoping things wrap up early enough there to drop in for a yoga class and make it to the post office before closing. Hope everyone's had a fab Thursday.
Closed Thread