South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222.6/206/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Phase 2 transition concerns

I started phasing myself into phase 2 last Tuesday. The first 3 days I added in one grain (either brown rice or oatmeal) and continued to do fine, lost 1 extra pound between Tuesday and Friday (I was previously down 10 from phase 1). On Friday I added half an apple, and the next day weight was up a bit, ate another half apple on Saturday and on Sunday weight was up to a little over what I started phase 2 on.

I know that fast weight loss is only for phase 1, but is it just a coincidence that I immediately put on a bit of weight after introducing fruit? Should I cut out the fruit? I have measured portions of the grain very carefully, also the fruit (the apple was a bit on the big side so I halved it with DS), I exercise every day, and I have eaten NOTHING off plan. I am even certain that I am not eating too much that is OP. I only have an afternoon snack of a RF cheese stick, and if anything I am eating less than the 75 to 100 "extra" calories.

Today would be the day to add another grain serving according to the book, but I am afraid to do so.

Am I being a moron for worrying so much? Should I just continue to hold at 1 serving of grain for awhile and see what happens? Then maybe after a few days if I at least don't gain any I could try adding a different fruit.
pandamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

I think we started the same time. I added steel cut oats for breakfast. I mix in some ricotta for protein. No cravings and still losing weight. I am adding in some fruit this week.

Make sure you are still eating enough veggies and drinking your water.
MoonChild2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

SB is meant to be a way of life. Cutting out fruit or grains completey is not attainable in the long run. I did not lose at all the first two weeks on P2 and I followed the plan. It took my system that much time to adjust to P2. I tend to lose every other week and try not to concentrate so much in the scale as numbers fluctuate daily.

I do limit myself to 1 grain per day. I save it for late in the day as having it in the morning just makes me hungry.

Try to be patient, the positive changes have already begun. More will follow
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote