to the forum!

• Hello!

I started SBD on July 23rd this year, so I'm obviously still on phase 1. I am down 8.8 lb!!!

I did SBD probably 7 years ago and lost a good 45 pounds, but I was working part time. When my job went full time around a year later, it all fell apart--I had a very hard time sticking OP, I could no longer go to the gym 6 days a week, and between the job, DH, and 3 kids I just gave up and not-so-shockingly gained it all back.

I was at pretty much the same weight I started at last time (my body REALLY likes to weight about 220), but I've had a few health issues of the female reproductive system variety, and learned that lo and behold SBD really and truly is the only way I will lose weight. I suspected that before, as I have been on some other diet plans--not faddish stuff, I'm talking about WW and others--that I had been extremely faithful to both the eating and daily exercise, and months later had not lost one pound or inch. But I now have medical confirmation that cutting out refined flours, "bad" carbs, and sugars is what I have to do.

So I'm starting again! This time around I REALLY have my eyes wide open, and I have more support from my husband because he was recently told that he is pre-diabetic (kind of a shocker for him because he weighs a good 50 pounds less than me) and he has to change his eating habits as well. I think it will also help that my kids are 16, 12, and 8 instead of 10, 6, and 2.

I've been reading a lot on the forum, and I'm glad to have found a place where people understand the eating plan! Thanks!
  • Pandamom! You'll find lots of help here!
  • Welcome back to the beach. Great job on your 1st week. I think myself and 2 or 3 others started the same time as yourself.
  • Welcome
  • Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS, pandamom!
  • I start July 23rd as well! I am down 6 pds which I am pleased with, and hope for another few this month!

I agree with you about SBD, I have tried numerous diet plans and have yo yo dieted my whole life.. this seems to work much better for me in the last two weeks then any other diet before.

Good luck and I am happy to hear you have the support of your whole family!