South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Thoroughly Thursday, August 2nd Beach Chat

Good morning I've been awake since 3:30, which does not bode well for my day. Oh well, it is what it is. So glad there is coffee

I am trying not to wind down ahead of my vacation, tempting though it is. So much to do before hitting the road tomorrow night. Today it's the usual bus runs then meetings, email, fliers, and creating plans for the next month. I want to get it all done so I can go swimming and picnic after the afternoon run. A girl has to have priorities!

I'm almost perfectly on plan. I'm hitting Phase 1.5 when I head to my parents and planning daily bike rides/walks. Hope the 5 days gets me back into the right frame of mind.

How is your day shaping up? Pull up a chair, a cup of your favorite morning beverage, and chat before heading into your busy day.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I am still "off" a day...

Cyndi, thanks for getting us started. You certainly have a busy day ahead! I agree, getting everything done is far better than kicking back. I think it makes the food plan go better, too. Kudos for your OP successes. I do believe it will get you right back in gear. I'm going to go locate some more coffee. Have a great pre-vacation day.

I'm tired today, but will keep moving forward. I need to declutter this morning before my furniture/mover helper comes around 930. My goal is to have everything put away and furniture dusted so that post carpet install....all I will have to do is put furniture back in place...relax and get used to my new surroundings.

Katrina(howard), to the daily chat! Keep up the good work!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I'm sitting out here on the porch, whitch seems to be the only place I can pick up any internet reception. But I have my coffee and it's peaceful listening to the birds and the foutain in the pond across the street. We were up drinking wine and gabbing into the wee hours of the morning, and Ruth and Monica are still sleeping off the effects, it seems.

We're having a wonderful time enjoying the beach and exploring our surroundings and eating plenty of seafood, and my car is full of sand, but that's part of the fun. I could live down here forever.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Good morning,

Cyndi, is there room for me in that coffee?

Tuesday, after a loooong day working, my dd had a friend sleep over. They were up until 5AM and then slept in until 5. Then we went shopping. So today I wake up with a head ache.

Time to make the coffee, for everyone's well being!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Morning Chicks!
Cyndi - wow, wish we could have split the difference on the waking times. I was supposed be be at a customer at 0830 - the exact moment I opened my eyes this morning! Seems when I reset the time on my alarm clock, I forgot to click that very important ON button. So, started my day with mea culpas. aaargh.
Ah - Moonchild - I've been there with the sleepovers. fun stuff. I hope your headache goes away with the coffee!
Deb - Enjoy the new flooring! it'll be worth all the work!

As to me - I think I'm going to abandon the cleanse, and just get back to life on the beach. Its far more maintainable and balanced. I'm just not eating enough real food, and it's making me too tired. Far better to accept a slow weight loss and feel good! I'm going to need encouragement, guys! Thanks!
Cate
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/151.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone :-)

Rough night here. Had a seizure a bit after midnight and feeling the after effects today. My hubby found me on the floor so needless to say I fell out of bed and feel like I have been run over by a mack truck today.

Deb - So jealous! I need new flooring in several areas of my house, especially where my boxer has shown her inner diva.

Right there with ya Moonchild. My daughter had friends over two nights in a row last week. Great girls, but man they can be loud. And what I want to know is why 2 girls together is pretty calm, but throw in the 3rd and it's like a pack of squealing 5 year olds?

Cate - what kind of cleanse were you doing? I agree feeling better is so much better even with a slower weight loss. There are so many things that cause us to feel like poo that are out of our control. Why do something on purpose that makes us feel bad?

Okie dokie. Gonna post some of my discussion pieces for class and attempt to work on a research paper. Not sure how successful that will be today.

Have a great thursday everyone.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Cate,
Coffee and aspirin did the trick. Then I had "big bowl of food". Brussel Sprouts and tuna. Quick easy and fills me up.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Katrina - I was doing the Fat Flush Shakedown. There was nothing that was really *not* on the SB plan, but after a couple of days, I was really thinking about all I've learned about whole foods while on the beach. Living on Shakes and supplements isn't real life. So - I'm going to take what I've learned about the vitamins and supplements, and go back to a nice healthy Phase 2, making sure I'm eating enough to keep my metabolism up, and rethinking my exercise plans.
It is funny how things change - you know what I really missed this week? BEANS in my salads! haha.
Closed Thread