3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Beach Chat Mon July 23rd. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/263332-beach-chat-mon-july-23rd.html)

littlechick 07-23-2012 05:52 AM

Beach Chat Mon July 23rd.

Good Morning Chicks pull up a chair and a cup of tea or coffee. A great to start the day.

I had a busy week end, friday DH and I spent the day together for his birthday we went to Hopewell rocks and fundy National park and St Martins caves. Great day. The rest of the week end was just a busy, funeral, bques and I get to end my last day off with a visit to the Drs to get my ultra sound results. How was your week end?

Ruthxxx 07-23-2012 06:17 AM

Good morning from slightly steamy Delta. I'm going out to water my veggies very shortly. They keep promising rain but they lie!

Little Chick, you weekend sounds busy but fun - except for the funeral. I visited St Martin's caves last September and have stayed at The Park and visited Hopewell Rocks. You live in a beautiful part of our country.

Had a great dinner with the girlfriends last night and am ready to tackle this very busy week of Fair and Mill stuff. The rides all are in place at the Fairgrounds and later this morning the clanking and other noise will start as they set them up. The Village will be humming and the Diner will be busy with Fair Folk. (One does NOT call them "carnies" as some lads have learned.)

This morning I'm off to Kingston to the Health Unit with a water sample from the Fair well for testing. That'll use up two hours of my busy day. I'm hoping to work in some fun though. My friend Christina is having a visit from Paddington, an adorable 12 week old Portuguese Water Dog, and I absolutely MUST see him. I still really miss my Hershey and Lucy.

Enjoy your Monday, whatever you do, but try to work in a bit of fun!

cottagebythesea 07-23-2012 06:51 AM

Good morning!

A belated Happy Birthday to your DH, LC, and your weekend sounded fun! I hope you get encouraging news on your ultrasound results.

Ruth, did you hear the carnival rolling into town overnight? I always picture the scene from Dumbo when you talk about it. :) Enjoy your visit with Paddington this afternoon.

I have the morning off since I have to stay late tonight, and I'm hoping I can change my hair appointment for tomorrow to today. It's hot and muggy here already this morning, and Tyler is happy that he gets to wear his swim trunks to daycare for Water Fun Day. It will be a busy week at the farm with getting the girls all packed up for a week at sleepaway camp, followed by a week at the shore. I foresee a lot of shopping trips for last minute items. But once I get through this week, I'll have the next two weeks off, and I can't wait!

Lexxiss 07-23-2012 07:05 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I'm very tired this morning...worked on the stair project most of my day off. The good news is that my "helper" is coming today while I'm at work to spray the walls up the stairway and up into the foyer of the upstairs. :crossed: it will be finished by the time I get off work. Still more to do but having the walls finished is a dream come true.

Eating was VERY poor last night....I had an early dinner then had a late dinner. Reflecting, I really reacted to the stress of the mess INSTEAD of basking in the knowledge that it is in the process of completion. Glad that I have today to get right back on track.

:wave: to everyone!

WaistingTime 07-23-2012 07:59 AM

Good Monday morning!

I'm off to the gym later this morning for strength training class, then probably my typical post-gym shopping. I'm waiting to hear back from an acquaintance who is recovering from radiation (for breast cancer) to see if she wants company today or tomorrow. Her husband has finally gone back to work today. Otherwise, I will probably join DH with a visit to my MIL this afternoon. And finish the book I started this weekend.

Have a great day, all.

jekel383 07-23-2012 08:15 AM

Good morning. I actually stayed home the entire day Sunday and it felt great. I felt as though I accomplished a great deal. Granted no one else will notice, but that's OK. Big to do list before we leave for our trip.

Woke up to thunderstorms again so watering plants is off the list. after coffee and breakfast I am off to super Walmart for much needed groceries. I will need to run to my local grocery store to get a leg of lamb for my mom. They don't carry them by her.

Despite the temperature being comfortable it is very muggy here. Time to put in the AC because I am perspiring eating my breakfast. Does that count as a workout???? lol Enjoy the day

CatMat 07-23-2012 08:28 AM

Good morning, all. Quick drive by - I was so busy with the play last week that I didn't get here. Opening night tomorrow. It is always so exciting, but I'm also ready for it to be done so I can get back to real life! Whew.

Pearlrose 07-23-2012 09:55 AM

Good morning, quick flyby for me.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I spend mine mainly outside, Conference on Saturday then took DD1 for her Birthday dinner, Sunday was Parade for swim team, St. Louis Cardinals game, then back for Swim team end of year party from 4 to 8 p.m. I am tired lol

Everyone stay cool today.