South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Thursday, July 19

How the heck did we get more than halfway through July? The days are whizzing by.

Pet therapy was such fun yesterday. My dogs were in some sort of crazy and happy mood and really put on a show for the clients, chasing each other around the room and then coming back for petting with smiles on their faces. I am taking the month of August off and will miss that.

Haircut is scheduled this morning and then I'll chain myself to the desk to catch up on accounting. Tonight is a final Fair Board meeting as we make sure everything is covered for next Thursday's Fair opening. Some of the rides are already on site - still on the trucks - and every kid in Delta with a bike has been down to the Fairgrounds to check them out. The rest of the midway will arrive Sunday night after they pack up from a neighbouring Fair. (I still get excited when I hear the big rigs driving past my bedroom window in the night. ) It'll take them Monday to rest up and then two days to set up completely and test the rides.

Meanwhile, life goes on. Right now it's time to gather up the trash and schlep it to the curb. Then I'll prep a bean salad from some of the four quarts of beans I picked yesterday. When days are busy, it's a great help to have things on hand. Hmmm ... maybe a meatloaf to slice and have cold?

Time to quit talking about it and get on with it. Have a super Thursday and stay cool if you are in this huge heatwave.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Beaching Chat, 7/19

Good morning! Coffee is being served on the patio this morning while it's still cool and dry. Storms are expected to steam things up later.

I'm going to spend the first part of the morning with Susie and Ramsay while the girls are out Hound Walking, then we'll do some sewing crafts and a movie this afternoon before Art Club. We picked up some pretty material and some craft patterns at Joanne's while we were out shopping yesterday, and both the girls are eager to work on their projects.

We picked our first ripe tomato yesterday, and it tasted like ambrosia! Several more should be ready to pick by the time I get home today and I'm planning a yummy Caprese salad for supper tonight.

Good morning, Ruth, and thanks for the merge.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-19-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aren't those first tomatoes wonderful? I have red and gold cherry tomatoes ripening right now. Just got the first of the Ontario peaches this week too.
What the heck is Hound Walking? Next time I'm down there, I must get to Joanne's - not that I need any more quilting fabric!

Lovely morning out there - 53ºF with predicted high of 81ºF. That's how it should be although we still need three or four days of a good soaking rain.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It sounds like it's going to be a perfect day with those temps, Ruth. Hound Walking has to do with the Fox Hunt, and it's basically taking the hounds out on the trails to get them accustomed to it. Sounds pretty silly to me, but then, I'm totally against fox hunting anyway.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Ahhh, my tomatoes aren't anywhere near ripened, although there is a mass ton of them!! I can't wait to have them! I do have a now endless supply of yellow squash and cukes though. The limas are almost ready to pick too!

Ruth, do you go on the rides too?!?! I always LOVED the Scrambler...it still makes me giggle when I ride on it. I also love the ... shoot, I'm getting old, what's the name? the red pods that circle individually while it goes in a hilly circle. LOVE. IT. Of course, my back isn't so keen on all that anymore!!

My mom will be in town tonight....thru Tuesday. She loves to travel, but with dad she couldn't. Now that he passed away, she's taken her foster (that she plans on adopting) and her pup (lock away the crazy Walter kitten!) up here to visit for a few days. Thank goodness the weather is cooling off! I'm planning on making her the weekend glow salad, I bet she'll love it.

She was supposed to get here tomorrow, guess that means I need to go frantically clean!!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning oh how I wish I was off today. Finally a comfortable morning. Starting the day off with Greek yogurt, strawberries and a peach. Still having stomach issues. Better than yesterday, but not right yet. Geeze maybe I should have Activia lol

Starting to make my to do list for days off. hope everyone enjoys their day
Old 07-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm on the go today. Kirk has an early PT appt. then I'm driving a coworker to an appt. The house needs an immediate pick-up so I'm going to start working on that....with coffee, of course.

Have a beachy day everyone!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Red face Cleaning today

Good morning chicks!

I am working on my first cup of coffee. It is cool this morning but it will be near 90 again today. At least it is a little cooler. We had a good bit of rain last evening. We really needed it. I won't have to water plants today. I plan to tackle the kitchen this morning. It is a mess and I want to try to reorganize things a bit. Good eating requires good cooking!

See you on the beach!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have a meeting in a couple of minutes but trying to find time to squeeze in a post real quick.

Tonight is DD2 swim conference, the temp will be over 100, yuck for cheerers. They have to be there at 4:15 p.m. so DH is taking her, when I get home from work have a meeting til 4 p.m. I will call to see if it is worth me driving to that town 20 miles if I might miss it. I think she will do well and make it to Saturday so I can see her swim then.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

TwynnB tilt a whirl I love it too!!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm still here, just had a lot to think about the last few days. I will take some time to update in the morning. I'm happy to report that I am totally back on plan, definitely helps clear my brain
Closed Thread