South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat on Friday, July 13

I need to start praying to Hypnos, the Greek god of sleep, because this early morning stuff is annoying. I've been awake since three which certainly gives me an early start to the day. I have Book Club tonight so had better work in an afternoon nap so I can stay awake past eight. Siesta time is on the plan - without Margaritas!

Yesterday was hot as H. in the Fair Hall but the schoolwork is all judged. Next step will be recording the winners and putting on the ribbons but I have enough time before the Fair to wait for a cooler day for that task. Today will be an early watering day and then I will be in my nice cool house doing "me" things and Mill accounting catch-up. I also need to bake the infamous rum cake to take to a picnic on Sunday afternoon. (I should have just made my excuses but got caught in a weak moment.)

Weight is up lately but I know it's water retention from the heat. I've got football feet. Yes, I am glugging water a lot.

Never mind ... this too shall pass. (I used to know how to say that in Hebrew but it's now among the many things I've forgotten. Just Googled it an got "גם זה יעבור" but still don't remember how to say it!)

On with the day. How are you managing to keep cool? Of course there may be some of us in lovely rainy and cool weather. Please share!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning Chicks- Just sitting enjoying a cup of tea and loving the quiet for a few minutes before the hussel and bussel of the day starts. Hubby woke me up at 6 to go outside and see a Mama deer and her two babies splasing in the river behind my house. Cant start a day better than that.
I have a few things on my todo list to get done today but then I think I am just going to enjoy the week end, it is going to be hot and sunny.

Ruth- There is nothing worse than no sleep, have you ever tried melatonin my daughter has never been a sleeper in her whole 19 years and started taking this a month ago and it is working great for her. Hope you get a chance for a nice nap and enjoy book club.

Hope the rest of you chicks have a great OP day. Hopefully I can pop in again later. But we are going to spend the afternoon at the beach just around the corner from my house takes but 2 minutes to walk there. Take a minute for yourselves today
Old 07-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Our rainy weather is due to move in tomorrow, but it won't cool things off, just make it steamier. The tomato plants will be the only ones appreciating this weather.

Today's my 1/2 day, and I know for sure I'll get off early because Cindy has some VIP weekend guest due to arrive in time for lunch. The girls and are going to do a quick fly-through the house to make sure all is in good order, then we have a few errands to run. After work, I'll stop in to see Mom, and hopefully home to spend a quiet hour or two in the pool before everyone else gets home.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Linda, I am so in envy of your rain. We are in drought conditions and very concerned about fires.

Little Chick, yes, I do use melatonin which works fine for getting me asleep. It's the wakening too early that is the problem. Beach time sounds lovely!

I'm outta here to water before the heat descends! I also need to pick a huge crop of green and yellow beans. Bean salad on the menu for the next few days!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Off to do the bus run in a few. I probably won't get back until tomorrow. DD is visiting for a couple of days so the minutes I'm not working are spent with her Happy Friday Chicks!

(Ruth - you and i have the same sleep issue and none of the usual stuff seems to help with that )
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Unlike some of you today - I could have put another couple hours in my bed this am! Rehearsal is going late, so I'm too jazzed up to go to sleep when I first get home. I've been going to bed at 1 am the past two nights. Does not make for an easy morning! I think there may be a nap in my future today as well! Happy Friday the 13th, all!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning work again today and continues through Sunday. Yes hot here too. The squashe seems to like the dry heat as they almost double in size daily. Ruth I get football feet too, more like kanckles lol. So attractive!

Nothing new or exciting lately. Stay cool chicks
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up for hours but couldn't seem to find a free moment. We just got back from picking raspberries at mom's and I'm finishing my smoothie. I have a carpet person coming over at 11 to measure so I need to tidy up a bit.

Happy Friday everyone!
Closed Thread