South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Friday, July 6

Steamy good morning here - not from the coffee or but outside. It did not cool off one iota last night and today promises to break records for heat and humidity, I am so lucky to have an AC!

Off to the gym although I'm not very enthused. After that there will be some rushed food prep as the four Hyper-Pypers, their boat and two dogs are coming for lunch. I'm doing Salsa chicken breasts, salad and rolls plus fruit salad which should hold them. If they stay until evening, Glenn can do burgers on the BBQ which is now connected to my house propane, No more wondering if there is enough juice in the small tanks!

Between gym and company plus a boat ride, my day is full. It's just as well because it'll be way too hot to even think of gardening.

Right now I'm going to turn on the sprinklers and also lug out the trash although I'd rather sip coffee and visit.

How does your TGIF look from this end of the day?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #2  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hello everyone
a little rain can do miracles pnly 26 degrees hehe
today the scale begins to be my friend allmost 1 pound down.

wish u a nice day @irina@
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! Perhaps you could set your sprinkler and run through it today! It sure sounds hot. I suppose the Pypers stay the weekend....

irina, congrats on a scale moving down! I'm trying to figure out if it's your evening when we start checking in.

Me, anxiously awaiting coffee....it's my favorite time of the day. Our Denver time was long...and hot. I'm thinking that Kirk's therapy today is going to be house cleaning. I believe he can run the vacuum cleaner now. He is eager to do anything so the timing is probably right.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

My morning is going to be pretty busy, but the rest of the day is looking good. I have to stop in at Mom & Dad's on my way to work this morning to write some checks for them, and I'm taking them a big bag of cucumbers and zucchini from my garden. It's going to be a sweltering day, so you'll find me in the pool later with a tall cold drink.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Ruth - I agree, we bought one of those odd shaped A/C to fit our weird window (read: it cost twice as much), and it was our best purchase EVER. Have fun with the hyperpypers!

Irina - Congrats!!

Debbie - umm....happy to help with the vacuum??!! Can you send him my way?!

Cottage - do you have to work today ?

Today is Reese's next treatment, and I'm nervous, and trying not to be! If you get any out of the vein, it can be disasterous. Hopefully I'll just have my working mind on, and keep the emotion out of it!

Otherwise, 1/2 day of work, she gets her treatment after, then I'm-not-sure-what. Barbeque? Swimming? Reading? Hopefully something nice and relaxing!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #6  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

Lexxiss: local time in italy now is 13:29 soo this time difference makes it hard to keep un touch with u chicks
Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Checking in from the bus ride. Went for a run this morning it was 90 degrees needless to say I was sweating.

Tywnn hope procedure goes well today

Ruth hope you get gyn in today

Cyndi hope you get a nap in today.

to everyone else

My mom and dad are coming today
Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Cyndi - Thinking of you today! Hope the interview goes/went well.

Ruth - Sounds like a fun, busy day.

Irina - Keep up the good work!

Debbie - Not sure if I told you that my DH and DS are heading to Denver for a couple of days. Made me think of you

Linda - The zucchini at my store was so tiny this week; I expected great ones this time of year. Wish I liked to garden.

Twynn - I hope all goes smoothly for the pup today.

Rose - Good for you- running despite the heat!

We have an early meeting with a lawyer today to finish/sign some stuff she's been working on for our teen. Then I work a few hours. Tonight my son wants one of the rare family dinners this summer, but he's going to have some sort of spicy sausage and DH and I are trying a grilled portobello recipe. This whole "everyone eats differently" is a hassle. I'm hoping that DH will get the grocery shopping done while the teen and I are at our respective jobs

Have a great Friday, all! I had to type that to remind myself what day it is!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I did get back to sleep in spite of the cat Olympics at 5 and then again at 6:30. Love the little monsters but they do like it when I'm up early.

I've got two more days off, the last two in a row before my kiddo is back to the bus. Need to make the most of my time and get stuff done! The interview is this afternoon. I guess I should start with the things I didn't get done from the last list

Twynn

Hope everyone stays comfortable today. Such a weird summer!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Just jumping in quickly here to say HI! and remind everyone to stay hydrated this weekend! It's supposed to be 100 tomorrow here in NJ - NOT looking forward to that one.
Happy Friday Everyone!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning for once this is really Friday for me! Took a well deserved vacation day tomorrow. So I am off until Thursday. No plans just taking things a day at a time. Happy my little veggie garden is starting to produce! Been struggling this week with emotional anxiety, stress etc. Found myself hanging on the kitchen cabinets looking for something. Greeatful bad foods have been previously purged from the house. Special K 90 calorie bar dark chocolate/pretzel. Not OP, but better choice than in the past.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hiiii..... killing time while IT is trying to fix the processing system I need to be able to do my work. Still OP, lost the 2 lbs of water weight from the 4th, trying to stay hydrated (peed every 2 hrs all night though!) Hope everyone's staying cool today.

Lisa
Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Hi gang, just getting in last minute.
Things have been crazy. My nieces FIL (to be) had a heart attack, so we have had the kiddos the last few days, so that has made things a little different around here. Eating has been awful and the scales are showing it. I just cant get on track. And the week end is looking to be busy busy busy.
well got to dash and get to bed the little ones get up at 7, so much for sleeping in, then the fun begins. Have a great week end I will try to pop in.
Closed Thread