South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Weightloss stops with exercise?

Hey Ladies!

Long time no see!
I am still on the beach and am still hovering between 38 and 40 lbs. lost!
I am officially out of the Plus size department though!
What is so weird is that I am wearing a smaller size at 197 lbs. than I wore at 175 lbs (pre-preg. weight).

I have an issue though. Every time I start exercising (mostly Zumba a couple of times a week or a combo of walking/eliptical for about 30 minutes and lite weight machines)... I gain weight. About 2 or 3 lbs. so I know it isn't muscle.

Is this normal? I do find that I eat larger portions when working out (I'm STARVING)... Should I just keep doing my program and wait until I lose about 25 more lbs. before I really dedicate to the exercise portion?

I know it isn't all about the number on the scale, but I really do want to get more lbs. off!
lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I find I always weigh more a day after a hard work out - the muscle retains water. Remember - you're at a smaller size, with a higher weight - which means you are leaner!! If you're not already, make sure you watch your measurements too - makes even more of a difference than what the scale says.

congrats - you're in onederland!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Exercise is important for everyone, even those who aren't trying to lose weight. If you've started, don't stop. Be easy on yourself as your body and the scale make adjustments! Exercise will help you be firmer and smaller as you lose the pounds.

Keep up the great work!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Absolutely in agreement with TwynnB and Debbie. My appetite increases after exercising too. Protein with a little fat does the trick for me. After a work out I try to eat turkey and cheese or peanut butter with a granny smith apple. The numbers may not come right away, but look at all the inches you have lost! You are doing great!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Drink lots of water! Microtears in your muscles means you hold onto more water after exercising. The more you drink, the better you flush out byproducts like lactic acid.

You're hungrier because your metabolism gets ramped up. Eat something with complex carbs and protein (small) before exercising, so you're not running on empty, and have something small again within an hour or so of exercising (to help fuel muscle rebuild!) As long as you're eating healthy food, in decent proportions, you're doing good.

I've noticed that I flux up and down quite a bit... as long as my overall progress is towards the "down" I don't freak out too much. For example, 2 days ago I was able to move my ticker to 183.4! The next day, my weight was 185.6 and didn't want to budge. This morning? 182.8 and holding steady.

I'll go for a few days at a higher weight, and then drop back down again... it's if I go at a maintained higher weight, and then increase to ANOTHER higher weight that I know I'm genuinely gaining.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone... I know I shouldn't be focused on the scale, but I also know that when I get frustrated (in the past) I just give up.
I have done so well on this plan, I don't want to go back!
lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote