South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily Beach Chat for 6/21

Good morning on this official first full day of summer. And summer it is, with a predicted high of 99* here today. I've already had my first cup of coffee out on the patio, enjoying the coolness of the morning while watching the sunrise.

First on my agenda for the day is to go pick up the girls from their sleepover down in Wilmington, which reminds me that I'd better get gas first. It's almost 20c cheaper a gallon here than down that way. The girls invited several friends over after lunch for swimming in the pond, so that will take care of the afternoon. I have no intentions of getting in that water, so I guess I'll be sweltering until I can get home and get in my nice, clean pool.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda. We are going to be nearly that hot here today - 97º is predicted. I guess the only thing that makes it bearable is being between two lakes. The Delta Seniors annual picnic was down at the park yesterday and apparently two people had to be taken to emergency because of the heat. "He took a spell" and "She was took real bad". Gotta love the Delta lexicon.

Spent two hours and some $$$ yesterday getting a pedicure at the spa and just loved it! I have nice smooth feet and gorgeous very bright pink toes. Anders and I had a nice lunch in Westport and I did not put my feet on the table. I've booked another appointment for just before I take off for a beach vacation the end of July. I'm worth it, right? Say yes!

Going to water my recent transplants before it gets way too hot out there. I'm planning to spend most of the day indoors after that. I have strawberries to dry or freeze for winter. I may crush them and freeze in muffin tins for winter smoothies. Dried ones seem to get nibbled away as snacks. I also have lots of deskwork to get done. I swear it breeds and multiplies if I take a day off!

Please stay as cool as possible and drink lots of water if you are in this heat wave.

And happy first day of summer!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #3  

Oh no. Now I'd better do something about my feet before that beach vacation so you don't make mine look bad, Ruth, but I think I'm going to go with a brilliant dark red.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - can't blame you for wanting to jump in the clean pool instead of the pond, esp. with those slithering things you saw that time! Keep cool out there!

Ruth - YOU are DEFINATELY worth it!! Where is your beach vacation at?

We're kinda lucky in the mid of PA here, it's always a tad bit cooler than cottage, only a high of 92 predicted! Unfortunately, my work a/c can't keep up with it, so it will be a bit miserable,esp. with that afternoon sun.

YAYYYY!! My DS got his orange belt!! I guess it normally takes a few weeks anyway, but took longer b/c the national headquarters moved from PA to NC and everything was messed up. He is SO PROUD of himself, it is awesome to see. (he's so hard on himself normally, so this is great!)

I am getting weekend glow salad urges, and that takes a while to make....so I must get going!

Oh - and thanks for asking Cottage - I will start the pup on chemo today, if the stuff comes in...if not tomorrow. They've already shrunk a bit on steroids alone (let the peeing begin!), I am so nervous about how well it will work. Only time will tell.

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-21-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Crazy hot here too. I'm working until 2, after that probably sitting in front of the fan trying to get a few little things done.

Cottage - I always prefer fresh water, maybe because I didn't go to an actual pool until I was 16!
Not a job offer yesterday, just an opening but it's good to have more places to apply. I wonder if reduced cost massages are part of the benefit package?

Ruth - thanks for the reminder, need to water my plants too

Twynn - thinking of you and the pup and hoping all goes well.

I finally got around to trying the Overnight Oats everyone talks about. They make a nice warm weather breakfast. I'm looking forward to experimenting more. Wish steel cut would work though, I love those.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

Ruth, flaunt those feet and YES you are worth it!

Cottage, I can imagine your crystal clear sparkling pool waiting for you.

Twynn, best wishes to your pup!! Oh and you mentioned the book "racing in the rain' or such, I wanted to read it, but didn't want to end up a puddle of tears...will it leave me like that or should I go ahead and be brave?

CyndiM - stay cool! Oh and we were riding home from Barre (Mulligan's) last night, and got caught in a storm cell in Worcester Woods - it was a wild ride for a while! but home safe and drying out 200 pounds of soaked leather and boots, lol.

Want to give a big 'you deserve kudos' to Jekel, hearing about how nice you pinstriped trousers draped on your tall n slim self WTG!! I love the feeling of feeling good about oneself.

and Hi to everyone else!!

I have off today and need to do general housework, lawn work before it gets too hot, and then try to relax and kick this summer cold to the curb. I think my body is telling me I need some rest - yesterday at work, I was up in my 'changing closet' (the room where I keep a change of clothes and such) and I laid down on my sleeping bag 'for just a minute' and fell fast asleep for half an hour!! (I can sleep anywhere, apparently)
Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post

I finally got around to trying the Overnight Oats everyone talks about. They make a nice warm weather breakfast. I'm looking forward to experimenting more. Wish steel cut would work though, I love those.
I occasionally make it with steelcut oats and it turns out just fine, just a bit chewier.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning girls. Try and stay cool today if possible. Would love to be swimming at the ocean, but sigh, I must work. TOnight we have the fundraiser after work. Hope it cools off some as it is outdoors. Enjoyed my ride yesterday, but saw a snake! ewwwww Darn sucker was trying to cross in front of me. That was all the incentive I needed to kick it in to Hugh gear and get far, far away lol.

Was naughty last night. Over heated, cranky and craving. Decided dinner was gluten free chips with hummus and salsa. Yeah not my smartest choice, do today it's back to clean eating. I know there won't be too many kind choices at the fundraiser tonight. My plan is to eat salad with a burger, no bun and have one glass of Sangria mmmmm

Then I am off for a week yippee!! My friend and his kids are spending the night after the Yankees Met game Saturday. This will be there first time to my home. Not like kids care, but the cleaning frenzy begins tomorrow LOL.

Tammy hope everything goes well today. Kudso to your son

Ruth great color choice!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning Chicks it is hot here as well today and getting hotter by the minute.
Makes me wish I had a pool Oh well thinking we will be having the hose out this afternoon to cool off the kiddies. Everyone is excited it is the last day
of school.
I dont have time for personals right now got a list of things to do and am having a hard time getting moving.
Enjoy your day ladies
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

good morning. it is warm here too but not as hot as you seem to have it. very dark and overcast. we don't get the sun on the apartment until about 4pm so it gets very hot here in the evening. had the joiner the landlord sent to fix my kitchen floor arrive at 8 am , too be told it is too big a job and will have to be re-scheduled so 2 of them can come and do it. spent the rest of the morning transfering spices into new jars, quilting this afternoon
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I'm here at work doing data entry. Not the most exciting thing to do. Waiting for break to be able to eat my hard-boiled eggs. The new rules state we can't eat at our desk. It's a challenge, but I understand. We had a lot of people who can't clean up after themselves.

Not much else to report. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi All!

Just wanted to pop in and say hey. Still OP, had leftover fake meatball casserole last night, and made a cauliflower casserole using a head of cauliflower, cup of lf sour cream, 1.25 cup lf cheddar cheese, and seasonings. Pretty tasty!

The peeling has begun. I will remember sunscreen the rest of the summer. I'm so itchy I can't stand it and the clock is ticking slowly....

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 06-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just heard from a friend in Ottawa where it is now 40ºC which is 104ºF when the humidity is factored in. I'm counting my blessings - the trees shade my house well and my AC is working. (I think I'll forget about a trip to town until tomorrow!) Jazz spent part of the morning lying on top of the floor vent in my studio. It got a bit warm but he was cool!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

OY. That's pretty warm Ruthie! Didn't need the AC in the car today, just in the 80's here. Thankful!!!

So we're going to see a movie with Anna and her mom tonight. Movie theater + Ph1 = a very sad weezle. I stopped and picked up a variety of SF candy to take (just 1 or two of each kind so I don't explode....) but those darned nachos with jalapenos are going to be calling my name. I'm salivating just thinking about them. And Chris will have popcorn, the girls will have candy, all will have sugary drinks....

Sniff.

Just whining. I'll be happier on weigh-in day. I hope.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

God had better give extra weight-loss bonus points for going to the movies and not eating anything.

That is all.
Closed Thread